World Conference on Nuclear Affairs

Chancellor Bismarck

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And stopping new nations from obtaining them will make them easy targets for those nations that already have them. So I wish to propose a "no first strike" clause instead of a non-spread clause.

This is an excellent point made by the representative of Neo Olympia. If a nations leaders chose not to develop nuclear weapons, they are arguably taking a military risk. I appreciate and support a "no first strike clause" but also wonder if anything can be done to encourage and/or support nations whose leadership decides not to develop nuclear weapons? I don't have any particular answer in mind. I am interested in others opinions and an exchange of ideas on this matter.

This is an excellent point made by the representative of Neo Olympia. If a nations leaders chose not to develop nuclear weapons, they are arguably taking a military risk. I appreciate and support a "no first strike clause" but also wonder if anything can be done to encourage and/or support nations whose leadership decides not to develop nuclear weapons? I don't have any particular answer in mind. I am interested in others opinions and an exchange of ideas on this matter.

"I would think that in this case, other strategic weapons could easily be developed. Also, such nations would be protected under the "no first strike" policy, meaning those signatories would be protected by those that do have the nuclear weaponry.

Prince Edward Island will sign no document stating they will have no nuclear weapons.

We may sign one limiting them to 25. We will wait to see if the clauses and addedenums mentioned have been added. Maybe when there is a finalized document presented on its own, we will consider signing.