CNRP-R Common History

Sumeragi

I believe I claimed Ireland in a previous thread; at least I meant to. I'll fix it regardless.

I'm trying to think of what a common history for the Gaels/Celts could be. I'm little blank right now.

Ireland belongs to the United Kingdom, which is me. You claimed ireland in CNRP S

Yes, it's complicated :P

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since for the most part most major events upto the end of WW2 seem fairly solid,I was thinking something allong the lines of this

Willing to adjust it to suit other RP's a bit. Replace names where appropriate (whatever the equivalent to the USA happens to be

Seems quite solid. I would assume that USA would be replaced by CSA (I own Hawaii, after all hence Pearl Harbor) perhaps in an alliance with other North American nations. Japan would be bogged down in a greatly expanded war in China and slowly defeated albeit with more favorable terms for Japan. CSA goes through economic collapse after the war while Japan doesn't.

Since for the most part most major events upto the end of WW2 seem fairly solid,I was thinking something allong the lines of this

Willing to adjust it to suit other RP's a bit. Replace names where appropriate (whatever the equivalent to the USA happens to be

need to add the fighting in the south pacific, IW vs everyone else. I control some of the more interesting island chains that were battled over.

You could potentially have won those following the war vs. Japan. That is the most historically likely way for New Zealand (Imperial Wellington) to get those islands. Since without a strong US, NZ and Australia would have played a much more important role in the Pacific Theater and if there was a expansionist government in place following the war, surrender terms could stipulate that IW gets the islands they fought over.

Or, IW has the islands to start with due to expansionist policies prewar, Japan captures them at the beginning of war and during the course of the war IW recaptures them alongside an allied push.

Revised version.

isolation less strict - dutch allowed greater interaction and minor immigration.

Mathew Perry storms tokyo and forces the isolation to end. European (Dutch) intervention ensures fairer treaties are signed, mostly to preserve their wealthy trade.

Pacific war progresses as normal until the allies begin seriously going on the offensive. Sometime in 1944, Japan accepts a conditional surrender that protected the Emperor as sovereign and allowed them to keep most of their pre-war borders. As they surrendered before the allies could attack their homelands, none of their infrastructure or home population was damaged leaving only the casualties up until the point they surrendered.

They became a vassel state of the CSA in all but name for the next few years.

In an effort to further enable the CSA to project power from japan, large sums of money were invested into modernising the nation and new technologies were shared, most importantly nuclear related technologies.

However this is shortlived, as the CSA goes into a massive recession in the mid 50's and prematuraly grants full independence as it can no longer afford the expenses associated with maintaining the status quo.

The global crisis in the only now just recovering global economy caused many great nations to collapse into anarchy or take on new form, whilst others grow from nothing. In the resultant Chaos, Japan receives a great influx of immigrants (about 70 million people to date) as it was one of the few stable places and had a relatively booming economy.This immigration has since subsided significantly from the dramatic spike at the start however immigration continues even now despite rising overpopulation concerns.

With the new freedom, and the large investments in both industrial and technology sectors, Japan's economy took off, peaking in the 80's to 90's, slowing down considerably in the 2000's but stabalising and consolidating itself as one of several great economies in the world.

total pop: ~246 million, ~82million of foreign descent, mostly first, second, or third generation immigrants

When the British colonized Canada, they put New Brunswick, PEI, NV, and Newfoundland in one provincial government. In 1891, the colony of New Brunswick formed a Republic and became an independent state, staying out of the British rule, although still liking them.

I dunno, it's not that hard for mine, which is what makes it so damn complicated.

Brief History Of Procinctia

Generalissimo was a failed loyalist a Caribbean coup d’état of the late 1970’s who seceded rather than join the new government.

Generalissimo’s and his remaining forces fled, eventually reaching the Aleutian Islands, where a command was established in the Rat Islands. By allying with the Aleut population Generalissimo consolidated his control of the Aleutian Islands, becoming the de facto power in the relatively unclaimed Bering Sea.

In 1981 the nation of Procinctia was founded as Caribbean Styled military junta.

Procinctia’ claimed the Aleutian Islands, St. Lawrence Island, St. Matthew Island, St. Michael Island, and the Pribilof Islands.

Procinctia was recognized internationally October 5 2006. Procinctia did not have international ties, relations, or recognition until 2006. The remoteness of the Bering accounted for Procinctia’s early isolation.

Presumptions

The existence of Procinctia presumes Russians, North Americans, or any foreign power ever claimed the Aleutian Islands; the Aleutian Islands Campaign and atomic tests never happened.

Generalissimo was on the wrong side of a Caribbean regime change.

Well the republic of India was never a British Colony and stayed out of WWI and WWII. The Mughals fought the British with the help from the Hindu Generals and all of them decided to form "Bharat". Through the twist and turns it finally became the Republic of India..

Awww, come on. I want a massive historical empire...

I won't lock Ghandi up in this reality, I promise!

So how would icelanders in indo-china work out? I'll need a little help with that to make it coherent. It could be explained away, due to the fact that there were mass exodi of icelanders throughout history IRL.

Well, the main problem is that Icelandic people never numbered a lot - and they didn't emigrate much in fact, either. According to Wikipedia numbers (not too reliable, but...), they don't even number 500,000 around the world nowadays.

My history would have us (the Bolshevik Federation) breaking off of Russia in December of 1916 before the Bolsheviks had completed their revolution. Leaders decided on the name, Bolshevik Federation, but in reality the nation was on its way towards democracy until a true Bolshevik overthrow in 1924. Then as the nation was set for reabsorbtion into the USSR, Lenin died and leaders of the Bolshevik Federation did not agree with Stalins policies. They attempted to continue on as they beleived Lenin would have ruled.

Based on what I have seen this should fit. Pre-WWII Switzerland was ruled by an Absolute Monarchy (the family lines of which are traced to several of my own leaders). A revolution and subsequent surrender to Germany disfranchised this dynasty, and exiled it. This explains the random Swiss influences in my nation as over time a sense of entitlement and idealism regarding the old Switzerland led to an obsession with it producing the mentality of some of the Imperium's leaders today.

Based on what I have seen this should fit. Pre-WWII Switzerland was ruled by an Absolute Monarchy (the family lines of which are traced to several of my own leaders). A revolution and subsequent surrender to Germany disfranchised this dynasty, and exiled it. This explains the random Swiss influences in my nation as over time a sense of entitlement and idealism regarding the old Switzerland led to an obsession with it producing the mentality of some of the Imperium's leaders today.

Well, to be fair, an absolute monarchy in Switzerland is quite hard to swallow, considering from of the late Medieval Age up until the Napoleonic Wars and then until 1847, they were a somewhat loose confederation of several cantons/cities. Only after the Sonderbund war (1847) they had a centralized federal government, but it was already very democratic for the time (they had a bicameral federal assembly, one house made up of appointed deputies from each canton and a national council where its members were elected by the people every three years and a federal council with executive powers that was subsequently elected by the assembly). Referendums before amendments always took place as well.

Well, y'get the point.

So how would icelanders in indo-china work out? I'll need a little help with that to make it coherent. It could be explained away, due to the fact that there were mass exodi of icelanders throughout history IRL.

I think it would be better if you just RP'd a nation of Siamese folk, because, as V said, Icelanders did not emigrate much, especially not to Siam...

o/ alternate history

here's a little bit of twisting in latin american history:

April 7, 1943, Bolivia: Bolivia declares war on the axis.

May 15, 1943: Instead of dissolving the Comintern, its executive committee announces a gravitation of its policy towards the newly established communist tendency of Maoism and the strategy of prolonged people's war in hostile political scenarios.

May 16, 1943: The People's Democratic Federation of America (South) is declared, starting off as councils of peasants in remote areas of argentina, bolivia, paraguay and peru waging class war against bourgeoise exploitation and the military juntas of their respective countries.

June 1, 1943, argentina: Unidad Democrática (an antifascist alliance that was attempted to be created with the purpose of fighting the pro-axis fascist regime of argentina) implodes and the Partido Comunista de la Argentina under the freshly changed Comintern Policy begins to recruit members of this alliance for the PDF-A(S) Revolutionary Army.

June 4, 1943: Coup D'etat organized by military sectors in argentina successfully takes down previous axis-allied military junta.

June 6, 1943: PDF-A(s)-RA successfully assassinates the ruling junta during a meeting and terminates its leader, Juan Perón. Argentina is then declared a state in PDFA(S) and the axis-allied military junta is executed after popular trials confirming their crimes against the people.

December 1943, Bolivia: The Revolutionary Nationalist Movement (axis-aligned military junta) coups the government and attempts to establish a personalist military dictatorship under Gualberto Villarroel. The PDF-RA manages to successfully take control of the whole of bolivia with the exception of Santa Cruz and La Paz.

July, 1946: Villareal's government falls and Villareal is lynched in La Paz.

August, 1946: Bolivia is officially included as a state in the People's Democratic Federation of America (S).

1946, Paraguay: Partido Colorado and Partido Revolucionario febrecista create a coalition government and remove axis-aligned governors from power.

January, 1947: Partido Colorado removes Partido Revolutionario Febrecista from government and establishes a one party system, declaring the Paraguayan Civil war. PRF abandon its social democratic line and joins the ranks of the PDFA(S) on their people's war.

June, 1947, Chile: Transport sector strike results in killings and rioting and the government declares state of siege and the illegality of the Communist Party. PDFA(S) officially declares Chile an Area of class war.

October 29,1948, peru: Legalist Democrat President José Luis Bustamante y Rivero is removed from office by a military coup organized by one of his ministers, General Manuel Odría.

1950: After General Odría jailed his sole opponent in the presidential "elections", the people of peru understood what bourgeois democracy really meant and massively joined the ranks of the PDFA(S) in their people's war, overthrowing the regime in no more than 2 weeks of warfare.

Uruguay, 1951: Reforms in the country's political organization give the national councile executive power and remove it from the presidency

May 4, 1955, Paraguay: General Stroessner attempts coup on fellow Colorado Party member Federico Chaves and is assassinated.

May, 1955: Ensuing political turmoil sparks the flame of revolutionary action and urban workers overthrow the colorado party's dictatorship and declare the PDFA(S) councils as their legitimate power structure and join the federation.

1955, Chile: Economic Recession topples general Carlos Ibáñez's elected government and the population of chile decides to join PDFA(S) through referendum.

Uruguay, 1959: Neoliberal reforms promoted by the national council face extreme disapproval of civil society

1961: Neoliberal reforms promoted by the national council create a 49% inflation which impulses the uruguayan proletariat to ask for the PDFA(S) for help in their attempt to overthrow the ruling elite, which is granted and uruguay is formally annexed as a state of the PDFA(S) two months later.

Well the republic of India was never a British Colony and stayed out of WWI and WWII. The Mughals fought the British with the help from the Hindu Generals and all of them decided to form "Bharat". Through the twist and turns it finally became the Republic of India..

HIGHLY improbable. There was close to zero way the Mughals could have beat the British.

You couldn't explain it. It isn't possible at all.

HIGHLY improbable. There was close to zero way the Mughals could have beat the British.

Like it was highly improbable that a tiny, backwards and extremely poor southeast asian nation would defeat the meanest, largest and most powerful military machine to have ever existed on earth in a war.

Like it was highly improbable that a tiny, backwards and extremely poor southeast asian nation would defeat the meanest, largest and most powerful military machine to have ever existed on earth in a war.

Nonsense! Those extremely backwards rice-eating savages had token support to the tune of small arms procurements! It was totally an unfair fight against the big mighty war machine of free-dumb! :mad:

Very true. The British were infinitely far more organized and the many rebel factions largely lacked unity since many wanted different goals (e.g. who would actually be ruling the new Mughal state) - most Indians remained calm anyways and the Brits even had the support of the Sikhs and Pashtuns and some of the minor Indian states.

They were up against far too overwhelming odds to ever succeed on a significant scale.

You mean, a tiny, backwards nation supported by a superpower pitying against another tiny, backwards nation supported by a superpower?

Edited by V The King