CNRP-R Common History

Sumeragi

With the very detailed histories that has been written in the database threads, I suggest that we try to work out a general outline of the history in this world. It'll be an alternate history outline, so to speak.

What I understand to be canon so far:

1. Balhae never falls, but survives weakened until industrialization in the 1870's.

2. The Eastern Front of "WW2" is finished as a slatemate, but with Axis gains.

Let's get this discussion rolling!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. The ottoman empire is not ended by a compromise between British and Arab interests but instead is instead annexed by the English and added to the empire. Interests in oil drive westerners to the region and the races as well as cultures blend. When the empire falls apart the largely already antonymous region remains a singular unit.

Colonization by westerners fails in Somalia as the people continue to argue and fight back against their western oppressors and with arms provide by outside nations eventually rise up in rebellion. The rebellion lasted almost a full year but by the end of it Somalia was free but with heavy damage to its infrastructure and with no government. Local warlords and their militia take charge and constantly fight one another for control of the land whilst the civilian population just try to go on living. This continues for many years until one man called Muga Abal steps forward and declares himself President after gaining a base of support he manages to take Mogadishu and form a small military. In present times Mogadishu is the safeest place in Somalia but warlords still old the countryside and often raid Mogadishu.

I still need to write up and post my nations own background, but the basic premise is that Spanish colonial rule continued till 1896 as in real history, and was brought down by an indigenous revolt leading to the formation of the First Philippine Republic (esp. as USA has not formed in this timeline so no Amrican-Philippine war).

This entity survived WW2 as an officially neutral country but secretly sympathetic to the Japanese cause (I need clarification on what Japans role and gains were in WW2 then...is the Eastern Front stalemate the only deviation in terms of WW2 especially as there is no USA???). However the republic fell prey to increasing corruption and was overthrown by a military coup in the late 1940's leading to the establishment of the Philippines as a state ruled over by a secular military junta who possess a Pan-Malay nationalist agenda, as part of that agenda both Borneo and Sulawesi were quickly incorporated into the state during the chaos in post war Indonesia.

And thats it so far, i will go into more depth and post a formal intro in the coming days.

Edited by Cataduanes

With the very detailed histories that has been written in the database threads, I suggest that we try to work out a general outline of the history in this world. It'll be an alternate history outline, so to speak.

What I understand to be canon so far:

1. Balhae never falls, but survives weakened until industrialization in the 1870's.

2. The Eastern Front of "WW2" is finished as a slatemate, but with Axis gains.

Let's get this discussion rolling!

I agree with this. Especially because in this universe, my country which would have been the Republic of China made a deal for the South of China in 1918 and never tried to reunify the country in 1936 but rather had our own movement modelled off the Meiji Restoration. Without us, and our successful acquisitions of North Indo China and Hong Kong there we nothing that really could have acted as a home base for the allies in the East.

Also we signed the Anti-Comintern pact with Japan, Italy, and Nazi Germany.

A complete link of my stuff here, basically the dividing point in this for China is that Sun Yat-sen didn't make peace with Yuan Shikai in 1913, and was able to play the Western Powers off each other to gain the South, but the Japanese forced them to except Yuan Shikai's govt in the North.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...p;#entry1273777

Edit:

United States never forms, but individual states actually gained independence separately from Britain and Spain and then merged into the current CNRP[R] nations.

A better history may be a fracturing after the Civil War, as Mudd is the Confederacy.

Edited by Triyun

My island was settled for a French weather and scientific station, but its utility as a port between South Africa and Australia was actually realized (rather than ignored) and it began to grow from there.

The result was a major port town that, like many port towns, eventually became a convenient financial center and ultimately specialized in being a popular place to keep offshore accounts given there is no income tax or tax on investments, savings, and other holdings.

Also we signed the Anti-Comintern pact with Japan, Italy, and Nazi Germany.

I would say Kyokujitsu would also be a member.

My basic history is that instead of Balhae completely collapsing, it manages to stay around as an insignificant power (like the Byzantine Empire), using its ties with the various nomadic tribes. Eventually, it undergoes its own Meiji Ishin-style transformatiom, becoming the power of Manchuria after defeating Russia in the Great East Asian War (a bigger version of the Russo-Japanese War). With the fall of Qing, it establishes Manchukuo to harbor Puyi and counter the Yuan Regime. In World War 2 (assuming it happens), it launches an attack on the USSR in coordination with Germany, forcing the Soviets to retreat to the west of the Yenisei River. With the annexation of much of southern Siberia and establishment of a protectorate ovef what was left, it remains a partner with Japan in keeping the Communists from East Asia.

The southern pacific of Imperial Wellington (but not much else) was attacked but viciously threw back all those attacking it in WWII losing no ground nor gaining it. It was attacked by both sides, and is listed as neutral.

I would like to post up that the major european colonising powers lost control of their empires circa 1850.

Edited by LeVentNoir

My nation was a Spanish colony until the 1800's, and then a British colony. Later, we had a revolution against Britain in the 40's and temporarily established a constitutional monarchy. However, another revolution took place in the 50's that turned us into a Communist dictatorship. The USA invaded us and we had a Vietnam style conflict, but in the end we drove the US off of our island. We stayed Communist until President Ned "The Great" turned Nedland into a social democracy in 2007.

Edited by Ned the Great

What my nation is is basically the same as the history of Britain until recent years. That is, massive colonization and empire building, then collapse after WWI and WWII due to huge strains on Britain. Except we also took Iceland....

Well, my history has my part of your empire breaking away from you circa 1840

A better history may be a fracturing after the Civil War, as Mudd is the Confederacy.

I could make this work with my nation. Maybe the Southwest US fractures into a leftist nation which then joins with the Villistas of Northern Mexico in the Mexican Revolution to create the NAAC?

The USA collapses following the 1861 secession and subsequent defeat by the Confederacy. Various northern states form their own nations, while the NAAC is formed as Mastab suggested some time after 1865

As for Europe, Germany stalemates with USSR on eastern front and eventually creates White Russia as a buffer state, USSR survives, France is somehow either liberated or created as a puppet (obviously the exact relationship will need to be worked out).

Edited by Emperor Mudd

The República Federativa de Vinilândia (commonly as Brazil) was establish after a military-led coup toppled the Brazilian Imperial Government in 1889 and a Republic was then established.

It's hardly any different from the actual Brazilian history, but with a slightly different name and more immigration and better standards of living across the board.

Edited by V The King

The New Ming Empire is basically the reformed imperial dynasty started by Yuan shi Kai. Evidently we had Japanese support during WWII. history for my nation in all worlds.

We'll have to work your history out.... You're the black whole to the East Asian part.

Myself and Jed are gonna work on a common history eventually >.>
As for Europe, Germany stalemates with USSR on eastern front and eventually creates White Russia as a buffer state, USSR survives, France is somehow either liberated or created as a puppet (obviously the exact relationship will need to be worked out).

I see two scenario for France:

1. It had already become an monarchy (it once almost succeeded, but messed up because of the White Flag issue)

2. It never entered WW2, due to internal turmoil.

I see two scenario for France:

Then you are not thinking hard enough or historically enough ^_^

Don't worry, I can easily explain why france is the way it is.

/me pats sumeragi on the head

I have it covered, I just need to talk to Jed, and we'll present the history we agree on :3