The Establishment of the Second Hanseatic Republic

Sarah Tintagyl

"I would very much appreciate the opportunity to do so Mr. Harlem, but not right at the moment, I will be sure to give your country notice before I arrive and it won't be for some time, but nonetheless I am anxious to meet him." Sarah yawned as she looked up into the navy blue sky above them. "Mr. Harlem, I think it would be best know to return to the Hall. If you still have no other matters, we could finish that bottle of whiskey. But it is entirely up to you, I don't want to hold you."

OOC: Its your playing field Subtle, if there's anything else you want them to discuss its fine by me...

"I think I'd like that," he said, stifling his own yawn. "I have nothing else I need to discuss with you. It would be nice to just kick back and completely relax." He yawned again, this time failing to stifle it. "And then I need to find a place to sleep, and fly back home in the morning. At least it'll be after a night of restful sleep..." he mused. And it was true. For the first time since losing his wife and daughter, he felt he could finally begin the process of moving on, of healing. it would be a long, mupy road, but there was light at the end of the tunnel...

OOC: Nope, I don't think there's anything else official he needs to discuss. Don't forget to reply to that message someone else dropped off from Federacion Iberiana.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Sarah had returned to her office and wishing Mr. Harlem the best on his journey back to Promised Land there had been quite a build up of reports and letters that required her immediate attention. Shuffling through the papers, she took out her own and began the long process of replying.

Private Message to Lady Sarah Tintagyl

The Federacion Iberiana wishes to extend its best wishes to you and to Hansa as you reestablish your nation in a new territory. While the fires of Europe rage to our northeast, the Federacion hopes to remain in place, albeit several meters below our former homes. You said it best in your address to your people: Though it may be cliche to say so, these are trying times. We feel confident that you have chosen the best path for your people, and we pray for the grace to do so in our own case.

Signed,

Juan Esparrago

President

President Esparrago,

Iberiana will survive, I promise you that, so as long as you have hope for it to survive and I trust that I do not need to tell you that. The service that Iberiana gave to the Hansa during the war was legendary and honestly I wish we would be able to continue actively aiding your ground forces, but alas the pains of war have sent us far from each other. However, after the war in Europe ends I hope that I will be able to visit your country so that I may personally thank your citizens who gave up so much for the fight against imperialism and domination in Europe, whatever the outcome may be. In the future peace will return to the world and we will be the shining beacons in which to inspire those around us and as such we will aid your country's recovery however possible. I look forward to the European war coming to a quick end and your country returning to its former glory.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl

Prime Minister of the Hanseatic Republic

The Old Man saunders his way to the Office of the PM of Hansa, or atleast the building front door. He drops off a package, adressed to the Minister and walks back to his House/Hangout/Pub across the way.

After finishing the letter to President Esparrago she turned to a brown package sitting on her desk. Shaking it for a few moments she took scissors and opened it down the middle.

Hello,

As a man of the world, i hold much information. Here is something you may find interesting, given your..history. If you have questions im usually at the Bar across the way from City Hall.

-An old friend

-----------TOP SECRET--------------

Personnel Dossier File on: Nikonor Romanov

Contains: Information on Birth, Military Service Records, Family

TOP SECRET: "Chechan Terror" Report, Psychological Evaluation

(OOC Note: Ill leave it to you what you want to read.)

-----------TOP SECRET--------------

Personnel Dossier File on: Nikonor Romanov

Contains: Information on Birth, Military Service Records, Family

TOP SECRET: "Chechan Terror" Report, Psychological Evaluation

(OOC Note: Ill leave it to you what you want to read.)

It was extremely late by the time Sarah put down the dossier, but she wouldn't be able to sleep now, she would need to find this "Old Friend", but as mysterious and as intriguing as it was, the word dangerous continued to come into her mind. Opening a desk drawer she took out a pistol and slid it inside her coat as she got up from the desk. Walking down the stairs, the two guards at the door bowed. "Milady, isn't it a bit late for a walk right now?"

"Personal business Lieutenant. I need to talk with someone, I'll be fine I assure you."

"Of course Milady." The lieutenant bowed again as Sarah walked out into Brisbane under the night sky. Walking briskly to the bar across the main boulevard and down the street from City Hall she came to a quaint where the sounds of late night drinking and billiards could still be heard from inside. Sarah didn't like to patron taverns, in fact she hated it, international relations were bad when foreign leaders wanted to give you the world on a string, bar-goers and drunks were even worse. She wasn't just a pretty face anymore, she was a pretty face with money. But if this "old friend" patroned here then she would have to stomach it for a bit. The lieutenant and his partner were also in pursuit, just in case Her Ladyship's business endangered herself. After all, young girls can often do stupid things without thinking, even those who dream of leading the world to prosperity.

Walking into the pub the reaction from the patrons was exactly as Sarah expected. A bunch of bowing, cheers, and free drinks, but passing all of that nonsense, her eyes darted to a man off in the shadows and she assumed that he saw her as well.

"Miss Tintagyl...or should I say Lady Solidor? It is good to see you. I take it you just found the files i left you. Did you read them? I trust they have shed light on a mutual friend." The man says, downing another shot.

(OOC: Ah i assumed you wanted me to elaborate on those things. No matter, Ill PM you the details.)

OOC: I'll just RP this now before I retire for the night.

IC:

Sky One touched down at around 10pm that evening, the best time to arrive. The delegation had the opportunity to go straight to a nearby bed and breakfast and check in for the night. The President always had a thing for common tastes. Since they had not alerted the Hanseans to their arrival time, they were not greeted by a delegation, just as the President also wanted. He'd had a tiring day, and as soon as they arrived and posted the Secret Servicemen at the doors, the President went straight to bed, as well as the rest of the delegation. Work would wait for the morrow.

"Miss Tintagyl...or should I say Lady Solidor? It is good to see you. I take it you just found the files i left you. Did you read them? I trust they have shed light on a mutual friend." The man says, downing another shot.

(OOC: Ah i assumed you wanted me to elaborate on those things. No matter, Ill PM you the details.)

"Lady Tintagyl will work just fine." Sarah said sitting down at the table and placed her hand on the pistol inside her coat. "The dossier was disturbing at best and though I assume that both know of Nikolai, I have a few questions I want answered. Who are you? How do you know me? And besides knowing him, what were the reasons that you sent me this?" Her eyes glared and she remembered the dream of the bloody statue and begun to sweat. "He and I both have blood on our hands."

"Do not worry child, I will not harm you." The man says, noting the hand on the gun. He takes out his own firearm and unloads the clip, placing it on the table.

"As for who I am? I am Alex Chekov, former army Major in the service to the glorious Soviet Union and after, the Russian Federation. But in my youth, i seem to remember someone giving birth...her name escapes me at the moment, but I remember you. You have grown up much Sarah." He says, smileing.

"As for why you need this? I have eyes in many places. I feel you may need this when you next meet Niko."

"Do not worry child, I will not harm you." The man says, noting the hand on the gun. He takes out his own firearm and unloads the clip, placing it on the table.

"As for who I am? I am Alex Chekov, former army Major in the service to the glorious Soviet Union and after, the Russian Federation. But in my youth, i seem to remember someone giving birth...her name escapes me at the moment, but I remember you. You have grown up much Sarah." He says, smileing.

"As for why you need this? I have eyes in many places. I feel you may need this when you next meet Niko."

Sarah took the pistol out of her coat and placed it on the table in front of him. "I've learned as a leader that I have to be careful when talking to people, I've had a gun aimed at my head too many times in the past two years." She sighed and looked away. "As for Nikolai, I'm sure you've heard about the War going on in Europe and the nuclear attack on Helsinki. Nikolai and I, we were friends Major Chekov, but I defended Gebiv and as such lost my country and Nikolai's friendship. Rebuilding has been extremely hard, extremely costly. He always seemed like a man who teetered on the edge of sanity, but never would I have imagined what I read in the file." Sarah looked back up at Chekov. "But we will come back to Nikolai. How do you remember me? For I have no recollection of you"

"We met when you were a small child. Your family was visiting Moscow one night, you and your mother were walking about as you were accosted by some thugs. I got into a bit of a scuffle with them before stabbing one. Other one ran away. Your parents were so thankful they "Coerced" my CO to transfer me as a Military Liason: Any ideas your buisness may have had that the military may like were passed onto me. Mostly i was just a heavily armed babysitter. After 2 years, I transferred back and never heard from your family again."

Sarah remembered all too well that night in Moscow, of how she cried in her mother's arms as they watched in horror as the man killed the thugs. She looked down at the floor then back at Chekov with flashing eyes. "Yes..yes I remember that night. I remember the fear all too well. But what are you doing here in Brisbane Mr. Chekov and why come find me now, surely not for a strange family reunion and then give me all this information on Nikolai?"

She looked at the gun on the table. "Unless of course as already to show me the face of the demon. I saw it all too well when he had his pistol against my head and I was just as afraid." She looked up at Chekov. "That's why I brought the gun, I couldn't be sure if you came her to seek his retribution against me. That I destroyed Europe, destroyed Hansa, destroyed Molakia."

"What you did in Europe is of no concern to me. I hope you have learned about diplomacy and action however. I am here to offer my services to help mend fences in Molakia, as i have many contacts there, and to assist in helping with decisions overall. Sometimes we all need a helping hand."

She smiled at the old man. "Yes, Major Chekov that would quite the blessing for me. I don't know how you are going to go about doing this, but if there is anything I can do to help you in your crusade to bandage the wounds between our countries. There is nothing more I would want than to create a new friendship with Nikolai again."

"Our countries? Dear you misheard me, I am not of Molakia anymore. I am just helping an old friend." He says with a smile.

Oh if you could only read minds my dear. He thinks to himself.

Sarah nodded as she picked the gun back up from the table. "My apologies. But thank you for your help in dealing with Nikolai diplomatically. I hope to stay in touch, if you need to speak with me come down to City Hall I will tell the guards that you are cleared for entrance. I hope to see you in the future Major." At that Sarah got up from the table and walked out from the bar into the warm night air of Brisbane. When she finally got changed and into bed it was past three in the morning and she had tons of work to be dealt with tomorrow, Sarah collapsed on the bed and fell right to sleep with the thoughts of that Moscow night still fresh in her mind.

(OOC: Red denotes Russian. I assume few in the land down under speak it.)

Alex picks up his phone and dials a few numbers. A man in a slight Irish accent answers.

"Well pal, ive made contact with Sarah. Are we to stick to the plan?"

"Yes Alex. I cannot wait for your return."

"I will enjoy seeing the homeland again. My vacation has gone on too long."