The Establishment of the Second Hanseatic Republic

Sarah Tintagyl

Sarah was still getting used to the warm weather in Brisbane after the weeks that had passed since the influx of Hanseatic refugees had arrived in Eastern Australia. Slowly the government had reformed, slowly the Hanseatics had pulled themselves out of a barren waste and a loss of hope and had begun to re-establish a feeling of identity, even if they had to share it with the New Cymreag in the region, but the Cymreags seemed just as happy in Brisbane and the surrounding area for the chance to participate in a new experiment.

For the most part people said that while the transition to Australia had been smoother than expected, people got along with their "foreign" neighbors and the most basic civil duties were restored, with a working Hanseatic police force, firefighting force, medical crews, and a reformed military under the new Marshal Larsa Solidor. Congestion was now the only major problem as many of the New Cymreag had not moved out of Brisbane, but accepted the new rule with open arms and for the influx of Hanseatics, housing had turned into something of a worry. However, drawing on talents from both Hanseatic and New Cymreag citizens, Sarah had created a strong interior ministry headed by a New Cymreag by the name of Roger McAlpine, the neighboring cities of Warwick, Ipswich, and Caloundra had doubled in population while Brisbane had literally tripled. The housing economy boomed as the Hanseatic government raked millions of millions of capital into construction companies and though there was still much to do, people were beginning to be optimistic about things again.

Daily, Sarah held at least one small press conference that was broadcast within Hanseatic territory, but realizing that with the influx beginning to calm down a pinch that it was time to explain to the countries of the world that cared of the Hansa's plight to let them know that they were again ready to become part of the world. In the Botanic Gardens a podium was set up with a Hanseatic flag draped around it and the cameras began rolling.

2153851-Brisbane-botanical-gardens-1.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen of the world,

I believe that I sound like a broken record in saying that these have been trying times for all of us, but there is nothing more truthful than this at the moment. This nuclear war has pushed humanity to the breaking point and yet we still survive and that is something that we must hold on to with all our hearts before we can let ourselves sink into this abyss that we have created with our hatred. The Hansa itself was almost nuked out of existence for our involvement in the European front of this war. Over the past few weeks I have seen countless horrific deaths of my people and of my neighbors, which is why we must begin to long road to forgiveness now. To the countries that have been harmed in the fighting upon hearing from you, I will send whatever aid my country can muster and hopefully we can begin to build new friendships from the barren waste that has become of the world. This of course includes the German people. I hope that I can bring the Second Hanseatic Republic into a world of peace and friendship, which can only be achieved by forgetting our past transgressions. One day the nuclear winter will end and we mustn't repeat the same mistakes.

Also to the People of Australia, I thank you eternally for letting my people and I into your borders. We hope to join your family of diplomacy as soon as possible and hope to become a trusted ally and friend as the months and years go on. Thank you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europe is doomed. The radiation will take a long time to decay, depending on the specific atoms used in the nuclear warheads. It definitely take many years before the area is livable again. Peace in that area will be nearly unattainable, as any survivors will likely be feral.

"Would the Andonians please get off their high horses now?"

Marshal Larsa Solidor

What did I say that made you think I was on a high horse?

"Let's just say your berating statements about my homeland are not appreciated. But seeing as you take every opportunity to bash the nations of Europe I guess I should have expected it.

We're done speaking, have a nice day."

I did not berate your homeland. I am simply stating that the nuclear war has destroyed much, and the radiation has doomed Europe, at best. At worst the entire world is doomed. Do not forget that the Andonain sailed the waters of Europe for centuries. We feel pain at the loss of our ancient waters, but we do not let it cloud our judgement.

Private message to Second Hanseatic Republic, from President Pacifism, Confucianism

"Dearest Sarah, and the People of the Second Hanseatic Republic,

I know that I speak for all of the people of Confucianism when I say we extend a very warm hand in friendship. We are extremely honored to have such a person as yourself near our nation. I can only hope that I, as the leader of my people, can live up to your reputation as quite possibly the greatest leader that has of yet walked the face of this planet. The plight of your people tugs at the deepest strings of our hearts, and it would go against every moral in my body if I did not do everything in my power to assist you in your current endeavours. With this in mind, I would like to send a Confucianist Delegation to your nation, as well as myself, to meet you in person and establish formal diplomatic contact. I would also like to begin shipping much needed lumber, aluminum, and steel to your nation, to begin your rebuilding effort immediately. Many of our finest engineers have volunteered to assist your people, to make your nation the shining beacon of hope, peace, and prosperity that it once was. Someday, we hope to see the glory of Hansa shine anew, albeit nearer to us.

Sincerely,

President Pacifism, Confucianism"

Edited by Pacifism

Europe has reaped the bitter harvest that it has sown.

Let their folly serve as a lesson to those who remain, Nuclear weapons are not to a discriminating weapon and they affect far more people than their intended targets.

We the Neo Olympian people will emerge after this holocaust is over and assist anyone who survives to rebuild but this can not happen while the war continues to rage on.

Perhaps in future we will gain some wisdom from this experience and not be so quick to use nuclear weapons.

Private message to Second Hanseatic Republic, from President Pacifism, Confucianism

"Dearest Sarah, and the People of the Second Hanseatic Republic,

I know that I speak for all of the people of Confucianism when I say we extend a very warm hand in friendship. We are extremely honored to have such a person as yourself near our nation. I can only hope that I, as the leader of my people, can live up to your reputation as quite possibly the greatest leader that has of yet walked the face of this planet. The plight of your people tugs at the deepest strings of our hearts, and it would go against every moral in my body if I did not do everything in my power to assist you in your current endeavours. With this in mind, I would like to send a Confucianist Delegation to your nation, as well as myself, to meet you in person and establish formal diplomatic contact. I would also like to begin shipping much needed lumber, aluminum, and steel to your nation, to begin your rebuilding effort immediately. Many of our finest engineers have volunteered to assist your people, to make your nation the shining beacon of hope, peace, and prosperity that it once was. Someday, we hope to see the glory of Hansa shine anew, albeit nearer to us.

Sincerely,

President Pacifism, Confucianism"

President Pacifism,

Your compliment is almost too much for me to take, but I have eternal thanks to you and your people for your aid in the rebuilding of our country in Australia. It would be my honor to receive you and your delegation in Brisbane, it is my deepest concern that the Hansa can begin to adjust to its new homeland and as such foreign relations play an enormous part in this. I hope for only positive things to come out from your arrival in my country and the exchange of embassies between our peoples. As such I have already completed the paperwork to send Ambassador Rolf Jarring to your capital in Confucianism. Let this be the beginning of an eternal friendship between our peoples.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl

Prime Minister of the Hanseatic Republic

Dear Sarah Tintagyl, Prime Minister,

Then I shall begin heading down immediately. Ambassador Coin Bleihak has already arranged his delegation to arrive with him. We shall be arriving aboard Sky One, our main government aircraft, a 747, soon to be upgraded to more modern designs, however. After meeting with you, and accomplishing what needs to be done, I'd be honored to return to Confucianism and bring your delegation along to our recently completed "Confucius' Peace", our Foreign Relations Building.

I'll also have a constant supply of cargo ships arriving with necessary medicines, supplies, and foodstuffs for your citizens. We hope that this will assist you greatly in your effort to restore your nation.

Signing this, and about to board,

President Pacifism, Confucianism

I did not berate your homeland. I am simply stating that the nuclear war has destroyed much, and the radiation has doomed Europe, at best. At worst the entire world is doomed. Do not forget that the Andonain sailed the waters of Europe for centuries. We feel pain at the loss of our ancient waters, but we do not let it cloud our judgement.

OOC: Well you certainly didn't sail in the Baltic when I was around, I kept that place clean of most outsiders. :P

Edited by BaronUberstein

Message to Sarah Tintagyl,

Welcome to Australia.

We will assist you in establishing agriculture in your area after the climate stabilises.

If you require medical supplies or food we can provide these but our supplies are limited at the moment.

Regards,

General Vasili Markov

We must be quite frank. As of this moment we have seen little sign of these massive environmental changes. While we do expect the average temperature to drop by several degrees for an extended period of time, this region should otherwise be relatively unaffected by the unfortunate conflict in Europe.

Taeunas congratuates the Republic on its re-establishment. We pledge ourselves to help clean up Helsinki and the surrounding area. Already our teams are there, starting the work. To the Tsar of Molakia we have this to say: go suck a grenade. We also would like to reaffirm our friendship with the Hansa peoples. You will always have friends here, and should you decide to return, you will be most welcome.

Private message to Sarah Tintagyl

"It is good to see your nation's will to survive. Frankly, I am truly amazed at your ability to pull through not one, but TWO nuclear attacks, and still remain standing strong as a beacon of honor and peace.

As such, I am authorizing the return of one ship full of food from what you sent to us in our own time of need.

A man by the name of Anthony Harlem will be there some time in the next few days to speak with you and see if there is anything else we can do to help.

~Subtleknifewielder

We must be quite frank. As of this moment we have seen little sign of these massive environmental changes. While we do expect the average temperature to drop by several degrees for an extended period of time, this region should otherwise be relatively unaffected by the unfortunate conflict in Europe.

OOC: What about the nuclear strikes in the Americas? Specifically, Tahoe?

Private message to Sarah Tintagyl

"It is good to see your nation's will to survive. Frankly, I am truly amazed at your ability to pull through not one, but TWO nuclear attacks, and still remain standing strong as a beacon of honor and peace.

As such, I am authorizing the return of one ship full of food from what you sent to us in our own time of need.

A man by the name of Anthony Harlem will be there some time in the next few days to speak with you and see if there is anything else we can do to help.

~Subtleknifewielder

Private message to Subtleknifewielder

"The need for trusted allies in this world is paramount and for the newly established Republic in Australia this is even more so. I am proud to be able to count Promised Land as one of the Hansa's closest allies. We would not be able to survive in this harsh world if it weren't for the continuous support from your country and for that I am eternally in your debt. I await with anxiousness for the arrival of Mr. Harlem and hope that his arrival will only continue to strengthen the bonds between the Hansa and Promised Land.

Also, I hope that the reconstruction of your own nation is running smoothly and though you are sending us aid if there is anything else that we can do to help speed up your country's restoration, do not be hesitant to ask.

-Sarah Tintagyl

Private message to Subtleknifewielder

"The need for trusted allies in this world is paramount and for the newly established Republic in Australia this is even more so. I am proud to be able to count Promised Land as one of the Hansa's closest allies. We would not be able to survive in this harsh world if it weren't for the continuous support from your country and for that I am eternally in your debt. I await with anxiousness for the arrival of Mr. Harlem and hope that his arrival will only continue to strengthen the bonds between the Hansa and Promised Land.

Also, I hope that the reconstruction of your own nation is running smoothly and though you are sending us aid if there is anything else that we can do to help speed up your country's restoration, do not be hesitant to ask.

-Sarah Tintagyl

**Private Reply**

TO: Sarah Tintagyl

The only thing I regret about my nation being allies with the Hansa is that it took us both coming to the brink of destruction for it to happen.

As for Promised Land, the re-construction here is nearly complete, both in civilian and military sectors. So just concentrate on your own people--they need you more.

~Subtleknifewielder

In approximately 24 hours after the second message, the man known as Anthony Harlem would board a helicopter bound for the Second Hanseatic Republic's new capital, after obtaining the necessary permission to fly through New Cymru airspace. The Hansa's PM, Sarah Tintagyl would be informed of the flight just before it took off...

Europe is doomed. The radiation will take a long time to decay, depending on the specific atoms used in the nuclear warheads. It definitely take many years before the area is livable again. Peace in that area will be nearly unattainable, as any survivors will likely be feral.
What did I say that made you think I was on a high horse?

I was merely stating that Europe has been smashed to pieces by nuclear war.

Shut the hell up.

We wish the new Hanseatic Republic luck in this endeavor. May you prosper.

We wish the new Hanseatic Republic luck in this endeavor. May you prosper.

We send our regards to the Dutch Empire as well. Though we were on opposite sides in the previous war we hope that it does not come between our nations in establishing an everlasting friendship once again. In addition, we realize that a great amount of infrastructural has no doubt been dealt to your country and we ask your permission to begin sending whatever aid that we have available to get your nation back on its feet, after the war has ended in Europe.

In approximately 24 hours after the second message, the man known as Anthony Harlem would board a helicopter bound for the Second Hanseatic Republic's new capital, after obtaining the necessary permission to fly through New Cymru airspace. The Hansa's PM, Sarah Tintagyl would be informed of the flight just before it took off...

OOC: Subtle, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know about this or not, so I guess when he arrives just have him go up to Sarah's office to begin the talks.

OOC: Subtle, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know about this or not, so I guess when he arrives just have him go up to Sarah's office to begin the talks.

OOC: Well, I did say you were notified about the time the flight took off...or at least a message was sent. Maybe she'll be surprised, if somehow the message wasn't delivered...

IC: The helicopter landed at the designated coordinates of the nearest airfield. From there, he and his two bodyguards took a taxi so as to remain inconspicuous. Upon arriving at the curretn capitol building, or whatever it was called, they walked up to the entrance, Mr. Harlem presenting his papers to whatever security detail was there at the time...

OOC: Well, I did say you were notified about the time the flight took off...or at least a message was sent. Maybe she'll be surprised, if somehow the message wasn't delivered...

IC: The helicopter landed at the designated coordinates of the nearest airfield. From there, he and his two bodyguards took a taxi so as to remain inconspicuous. Upon arriving at the curretn capitol building, or whatever it was called, they walked up to the entrance, Mr. Harlem presenting his papers to whatever security detail was there at the time...

OOC: No, she got the message, I just was confused that's all, but its all clear now.

IC: A young Hanseatic marine saluted the contingent from Promised Land that had arrived and smiled after reviewing the papers. "Everything looks just fine here, Mr...Harlem." He looked up for a moment and tried to commit the man's face to memory for a moment. "If you'll just follow me, I'll take you up to see Her Ladyship." The marine led Harlem up the stairs on the Brisbane City Hall, that was in the process of being transformed into a new Diet Hall. Upon reaching the large oak doors leading to Sarah's office the marine knocked and walked in. "Your Ladyship, if I may present to you. Mr. Anthony Harlem of Promised Land."

Sarah immediately stood to receive her much expected guest.

OOC: No, she got the message, I just was confused that's all, but its all clear now.

IC: A young Hanseatic marine saluted the contingent from Promised Land that had arrived and smiled after reviewing the papers. "Everything looks just fine here, Mr...Harlem." He looked up for a moment and tried to commit the man's face to memory for a moment. "If you'll just follow me, I'll take you up to see Her Ladyship." The marine led Harlem up the stairs on the Brisbane City Hall, that was in the process of being transformed into a new Diet Hall. Upon reaching the large oak doors leading to Sarah's office the marine knocked and walked in. "Your Ladyship, if I may present to you. Mr. Anthony Harlem of Promised Land."

Sarah immediately stood to receive her much expected guest.

The bodyguards remained outside the Prime Minister's office...

If anyone here had ever seen the man called Baron Uberstein before, they would immediately notice Mr. Anthony Harlem looked exactly like that man, with the exception that his hair was not yet grey, but still black.

As he entered, he looked to see the reaction of the Prime Minister. He'd know right away if she'd ever seen even a likeness of Uberstein by it...

Still, even as he watched carefully, he offered a hand to shake in greeting, and he smiled faintly. He was beginning to get a bit more used to using the expression, though if one looked closely, they'd still see the lines etched into his face from the grief, pain, and loss he had suffered in his own life.