The Day the World Stopped

Lavo

OOC: Are you claiming the technology to manufacture metals with enough precision to create exact defects in the lattice, singluar atomic holes and interposed atoms, impurities on the order of parts per billion?

ooc: Nope, I'm claiming every single piece of metal in the structures of these rockets was purchased from a metal ore mine somewhere in Tahoe. No need to control the shape of the atoms, they already conform to geologically correct formations to identify it to a very specific mine. For the record, I watch to much CSI.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: Nope, I'm claiming every single piece of metal in the structures of these rockets was purchased from a metal ore mine somewhere in Tahoe. No need to control the shape of the atoms, they already conform to geologically correct formations to identify it to a very specific mine. For the record, I watch to much CSI.

I was referring more to the processing process. Its not a Tahoan one, it will be different. You would have to have bought the metals, preworked into the correct shape, from tahoan sources, something needing RP.

ooc: Oh, yes, the processing processes are definitely not Tahoe in origin. They could be any other nation's though.

btw, I'm not the first person to come up with this idea:

See..

Here.

Here.

Here..

Here.

Here.

Here.

And any number of a dozen links across google. Mostly related to Russian ICBM tech.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Unless you have the capability to have 60 in game nuclear missiles, you don't have 60 nuclear warheads. Last time I checked, you didn't

OOC: The rulings in the past have ruled that 1 MIRV warhead = 1 nuclear warhead. It will slide for the rest of this war but will be changed soon afterwards.

A day later Generalissimo hunched over the same radio still trying to ascertain the damage to Tahoe, between the static and conflicting reports it was impossible to determine. Rebel Army broadcasts insisted on the absolute destruction, but Tahoe transmissions assured the damaged was limited. Either side could be propaganda, misinformation, or the result of an absolute lack of real intelligence on the ground.

OCC:

OOC: Sigh, the GM ruled I was hit with three missiles. Three nuclear explosions occured. My SDI, like all SDIs, target the warheads once they entered. Unfortunately, they didn't roll 60 seperate warheads, and instead only ruled that I got hit three times. Too bad, so sad.
One target per nuke, MIRVs might be entirely acceptable as long all bombs hit the same designated target. So it is possible you were hit with 60 nukes, but only to the same three targets. Edited by Generalissimo

The citizens of New Aachen did all they could do: watch, just as they had with the other missiles flying all over Europe. The Federation was now sitting in the middle of a HUGE radioactive zone. The nation had already settled in for the long haul through the nuclear winter. The only thing we regret is not dying in the explosions.

All of the sudden, a few TV, radio, and other channels that used to broadcast out of the Rebel Army (via satellite) started up again, and started to show a life feed. Then, against all odds and predictions, Lavo Shalam was seen/heard on screen. After a brief sigh, he began to speak.

"Greetings everyone. Yes, somehow a few of us pesky Rebels are alive and somewhat well. Anyways, the vast majority of our nation has sadly perished in a nuclear inferno, much of it at the hands of those we considered allies and friends. To the innocent nations surrounding those we have nuked, we apologize for any fallout, EMP, and other problems you may be experiencing due to this. To the nations surrounding UESR and the Imperial Union, we strongly advise you seal off your borders with them, as they have been hit with some rather lethal viruses. We also apologize if you were effected by their EMPing. Finally, to those we have and/or are at war with, we shall not be doing anything more to you and will accept white/unconditional peace with you if offered or accepted." Lavo sighed for a second, thinking about the last line he said. "Our nation, and the world, has suffered unimaginable tolls of death and suffering, and we must all move on and try and keep what we still have."

All of the sudden, a few TV, radio, and other channels that used to broadcast out of the Rebel Army (via satellite) started up again, and started to show a life feed. Then, against all odds and predictions, Lavo Shalam was seen/heard on screen. After a brief sigh, he began to speak.

"Greetings everyone. Yes, somehow a few of us pesky Rebels are alive and somewhat well. Anyways, the vast majority of our nation has sadly perished in a nuclear inferno, much of it at the hands of those we considered allies and friends. To the innocent nations surrounding those we have nuked, we apologize for any fallout, EMP, and other problems you may be experiencing due to this. To the nations surrounding UESR and the Imperial Union, we strongly advise you seal off your borders with them, as they have been hit with some rather lethal viruses. We also apologize if you were effected by their EMPing. Finally, to those we have and/or are at war with, we shall not be doing anything more to you and will accept white/unconditional peace with you if offered or accepted." Lavo sighed for a second, thinking about the last line he said. "Our nation, and the world, has suffered unimaginable tolls of death and suffering, and we must all move on and try and keep what we still have."

"It is regrettable that you had to resort to such measures. However, we see you had no other choice, considering the options left to you by the aggrsssors."

OOC: Nice rolls. Can I take you to Vegas with me? :P

Official Announcement from Cainette

All Cainettian Borders are closed. This includes the Northern Island and Royal Island. All citizens are now ORDERED to go inside and seal up their homes. (OOC:Cover windows and stuff like they did in Jericho). All foriegn dignatories will be looked after as if they were the foreign leaders themselves. The Defence force is now at Defcon 1 and will be distributing nessicities around the country.

--Private to the Northen Empire--

Our Emporer is currently still "holidaying" in your nation. Can you please give him a place to stay while this nuclear threat is still around?

--End--

--Private Message to the Mascurian Empire--

May our troops stay in your lands longer? We do not wish to overstay our welcome, so our troops are to be worked as you need them.

--end--

--Private to the Northen Empire--

Our Emporer is currently still "holidaying" in your nation. Can you please give him a place to stay while this nuclear threat is still around?

--End--

--

Bringing him safely to Northern Greenland. Also, might want to get your men ready.

--

A short reply was send by a panel in the refuge of the Queen.

"We will accept your White Peace and apologize for the use of Nuclear Warfare the one who authorized it will be prosecuted. I hope you can fogive us

Signed,

Relena Peacecraft"

Blatant godmod is blatant.

Nukes = ingame nuclear warheads.

20 MIRV'd warheads would mean 20 out of 20/25 are used on a single missile.

Also non localised EMP's count as nukes.

This is why we can't have nice things. FFS.

After petition from GM's and several others, this thread is re-opened as a lot of people had already put the consequences into their roleplays.

Initial strikes consist of non-mirv 700kt strikes now, presumably only on specific targets (none of this vague "population centres").

Choosing to recognise this, as always is up to each player.