The Day the World Stopped

Lavo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: Sorry Tahoe. Mael's been upset since the "Monroe Doctrine" style declaration you made back in empire days.. I've also been told 2 successful hits on the ship yards of San Diego and San Francisco.. each by Sargun via IRC.

OOC: 2/20, actually. Tahoe's very lucky that only 10% got through.

OOC: Cody, I guess you should have accepted my Surrender Ultimatum

OOC: I think you missed the point. The consequences I don't care about. Those'll be fun. What I don't understand is how I'm an evil being who, without firing or owning a single weapon of mass destruction, started a nuclear holocaust.

Also, you sent me a surrender ultimatum. I found it kind of comical, seeing as how it'd be the RA doing the work.

OOC: ICly I just had a grudge against you, you are small, and had no defenses. So we figured we might as well take you out too. OOCly I know you didn't start this and that this war would have gone nuclear whether or not you got involved.

>> Operation Passive Aggression.. You've deserved this for a long time @#$@!<< Authorized.

50 Fafnir Missiles deployed from Silos from Tasmania.. they flew over the south pole in orbit at an undetectable height.. over the Atlantic. The exhausts from these weapons were cooled on launch and they traveled on momentum in orbit, covered by R.A.M., they were undetectable until re-entry.. when they became super heated. They broke open over Ecuador deploying 10 warheads each. 100 Warheads were lined up for the harbors along the coast of California.. 20 specifically for San Diego and San Francisco. They went off with 2000 Lb Thermobaric payloads each. The other 200 struck key strategic military targets.. focusing on infantry deployment areas that were available to Dragonisia via the Satellite Networks of their friends prior to the war breaking out. The other 200 targeted the remaining 200 largest civilian population centers in Tahoe.

With the massive and blatantly obvious launch of missiles of a space capable aspect, Aotearoan Facility for the Defense from Ballistic and Orbital Weapons systems came onto automatic, especially given the proximity to the fatherlands, and the possibility of a depressed trajectory attack.

Ground based, pulsed chemical lasers attacked the missiles as soon as LOS was established, but the poor air quality lead to inefficient attacks. Commands were sought, and Surface to Air interceptor missiles were launched, while the the Electrolaser was charged. When at full charge, the laser beam blasted through the air, ionising it, allowing the massive current to flow directly to the missile targeted. This would fry any circuity, and most likely ignite the missile case or cause it to explode. An attack occurring at the speed of light, all that would be seen was a brief flash of ionized air before it dissipated.

The missiles and Electrolaser continued to be fired until any surviving missiles left engage-able range, or hit their targets, where ever that may be.

Edited by LeVentNoir

The Tahoe National Strategic Command bunker was a beehive of activity. Watching the missles streak across the map in every direction followed by a white flash was, in a way, mesmerizing. Watching the missiles be shot down by the RA SDI was, well, frustrating, and the National Missile Defense system worked poorly against their counterattack, allowing three missiles to strike. Luckily their target choice was poor. The airburst nuke had its intended effect, knocking out electronics across Tahoe. Luckily, the government, military and all critical functions (police, fire, hospitals, ect.) had been shielded against EMP after seeing the results an EMP strike could have in one RA's wars years ago.

The strike in Los Angeles was devestating, although that city was already recovering from a nuclear strike by Arizona and thus not heavily populated yet. Only 20,000 died in the blast, mostly laborers working to rebuild the city. Satellite cities to the south and east would be affected by radiation, but the government had prepared for that and immediately began evacuating the region.

The most deadly of the attacks was that on Drogheda (San Francisco), Tahoe's largest city. Almost 75,000 died in the blast, but due to the extremely hilly nature of the city much of the blast was dispersed before it could do more damage than it would have in a more level city.

The conventional missile attack was pathetic in its results. Here the Missile Defense Program preformed admirably, destroying over 70% of the incoming missiles. Only 20 of the missiles landed in a civilian center causing minimal damage. The damage that was done, however, was to Tahoe's ports and harbors along the California coast. Many vessels, mostly fishing, were destroyed. A few ports were completely blocked and none was undamaged. It would take months to restore them to full capacity. Luckily the ports of Seattle and Vancouver (Tahoe's largest) were undamaged. Wreckage caused by these strikes were quickly analyzed finding missile fragments that investigators discovered were of a Tahoan origin. Records were scoured and it was discovered the origin was Dragonisia. Vinilandese and Tahoan radar and other spectral analyses corroborated this determination. They would suffer.

Records were scoured and it was discovered the origin was Dragonisia. Vinilandese and Tahoan radar and other spectral analyses corroborated this determination. They would suffer.

ooc: I have but one question. How would you know raw metal came from Dragonisia? The metallurgical analysis would indicate it came from your country. But there are no labels or codes.. anything like that indicating where they came from.. and these were fuel-air-bombs.. little would be left to analyze.. and what you did, would just say it came from Tahoe. Sure your radar tracks indicates it come from over the south pole, but who would tell you it came from us? Could have been anyone over here.. I'm not to upset if you decide you want to keep it, but the componenets were mfg'rd over here from your raw materials, the design is by nature intent on being "sneaky"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Each warhead would have to get past the SDI individually then. That is how nuclear missiles work. The missile goes up, breaks up and each warhead re-enters individually. The SDI targets those warheads (or missile) depending on launch stage. Mercy ruled I got hit with three missiles, thus three nuclear explosions occured. Not 60.

Somewhere in the contaminated (though not irradiated) wasteland of Saint Paul City (Saint Paul island) Generalissimo hunched over a radio listening to the international collapse and laughed with morbid mirth. Generalissimo could not help playfully commenting, if only to himself.

“Perhaps there is still some justice in the world. How the tables have turned, now the leaders of Tahoe can feel Sumeragi pain, now Tahoe will suffer as Kyokujitsu Teikoku suffered, Tahoe now reaps what they have sown. Hahahahaha”

Edited by Generalissimo

<snip>

OOC: Are you claiming the technology to manufacture metals with enough precision to create exact defects in the lattice, singluar atomic holes and interposed atoms, impurities on the order of parts per billion?

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: It's too bad that you are bad at twisting the GM's words. Instead of pointlessly arguing with you, I will just let a GM explain the situation to you whenever they get on.

OOC: Unless you have the capability to have 60 in game nuclear missiles, you don't have 60 nuclear warheads. Last time I checked, you didn't