Electing GMs for CNRP

Manetheren

OOC: This has been standard RP policy for a very long time. Also, HK47 and crew have already said that CNRP is in the hands of the GMs and the populace. Not theirs.

Mercy has stated that the mods have said CNRP is in the hands of the GMs and the populace, rather than being controlled by the mods. If this is indeed the case, then the GMs should be elected by the people participating in CNRP, not appointed by the mods.

We can't trust the important task of choosing a GM to the populace. Picking the right GM is extremely important, and the common RPers cannot be trusted to choose the right GM.

In contrast, Mods have almost no biases, and are better for the task of choosing GMs.

Edited by XRCatD

As an American who lived under 8 years of Bush, I ask you, "Can we trust democracy?"

As an Ubersteinian, I say "No."

It's why we have a supreme court, rather than the people, ruling on issues of constitutionality.

As an American who lived under 8 years of Bush, I ask you, "Can we trust democracy?"

As an Ubersteinian, I say "No."

Democracy has its faults, yes, but it's one helluva lot better than any sort of dictatorship that anyone has going anywhere. The worst democracy is better than the best dictatorship.

Yeah, Bush screwed up, oh well, deal with it. Democracy is still better than dictatorship.

I have to agree with Mudd. If there's not going to be anyone who can balance out the powers of the GMs, then we ought to at least be able to pick our own.

And I agree with frost. Botha.

My vote continues to go out to Botha, possibly the most neutral and unbiased person in RP

You know, that would have been my first choice too but I don't think most people want to babysit a bunch of people who constantly disagree.

I don't know how Sargun and Mercy do it.

Democracy has its faults, yes, but it's one helluva lot better than any sort of dictatorship that anyone has going anywhere. The worst democracy is better than the best dictatorship.

Yeah, Bush screwed up, oh well, deal with it. Democracy is still better than dictatorship.

I have to agree with Mudd. If there's not going to be anyone who can balance out the powers of the GMs, then we ought to at least be able to pick our own.

And I agree with frost. Botha.

And I disagree that democracy is better. I like my form of "Elitist Democracy", Where only the educated or those who do state service can vote. Democracy creates a mob rule.

You know, that would have been my first choice too but I don't think most people want to babysit a bunch of people who constantly disagree.

I really appreciate the comments of support from Lord Frost and Mergerberger II (thanks guys :v: ) but Vedran pretty much sums it up for me.

Besides I just don't have the time - certainly during the spring and summer months - to keep track of all the RP going on, I struggle this time of year just to maintain my own RP on a semi-regular basis let alone pay attention to much else that's going on.

I picture a vote with less than ALL the active RPers names on it in the near future.

I also picture that this future vote thread would be complete bull feces if it did not have every single active RPer on it.

However then it would just be chicken feces since everyone would vote for themselves or friends.

I picture a vote with less than ALL the active RPers names on it in the near future.

What I can see happening is the same thing we see with the Team Senates, where factions (i.e. different RP groups) lobby amongst themselves to get favourable candidates nominated and voted in.

By no means has the Moderation staff withdrawn, either wholly or incompletely, from the CRNP forum. What we have done is appoint from among the more well-reasoned Roleplayers people we can trust to be neutral, and represent the interests of the community while giving players a person to go to before they go appeal for a descision from Moderation, which is final and usually irreversible. Do not take this as a "We'll do whatever we like and find a suitable yes-man to fill the job". Those GM's were appointed precisely BECAUSE they could make the tough decisions, with fairness, and without being biased to any particular side. They have done well, and will continue to do well.

There will be no elections for GM and no speculation on the status of Moderation. This is not a reflection of any opinion of mine on Botha or those put forward; it is merely the means in which they were brought to my attention. The GMs, at their discretion, will nominate a third GM should they feel needful, and then come to myself or HK for confirmation. Botha is a fine suggestion and I would have no problem with him being added to the GM group, provided it was through the channels already layed down and not through what seems to amount to a quiet revolt.

Thank you, that is all.