The CN Era we live in

oda

CN Politics

By Oda of =Western Empire=

In the universe of CyberNations there are two factions, it doesn’t matter who you’re allied to there are just two factions, Warriors and Diplomats.

The Warrior faction is very outspoken normally criticizing other alliances publicly they normally have less treaties and win battles/wars with only their members. Normally these alliances wouldn’t have booming monthly growth. They would normally have to patch their members thus growth becomes slow.

The Diplomat faction is protected in numbers they normally have multiple MDPs and become part of blocs. They normally are reserved in public affairs never trying to anger other parties, although there is more espionage and more behind closed doors talks. The alliances in this faction can become huge in size with more growth then war these alliances can reach in millions in Nation Strength.

Today we live in a Diplomatic era. Everyday there are new treaties made, rarely there is conflict, although when in a diplomatic era wars are very big and can drag out for weeks. This is a byproduct of nations growing so large.

Although we are living in a Diplomatic age, the first of Bob; there are a glut of new alliances being made on a day to day basis because nations have become so large they can support themselves and others. In bigger alliances there can be up to 100-900 members and only a handful of positions to give out. This is the factor that will make members break off from their alliance and create or join a small alliance. They have the opportunity to do more and to shape and mold the alliance the way they see fit. You can’t do this in a large alliance.

The reason why the Diplomatic era has been so long is the lack of knowledge to lay down the proper foundation for building an alliance. Most players that start up an alliance don’t know the proper way to build. The reason why is because bigger alliances only educate them on how to grow their nation never to build an alliance. They do this because it cuts down the competition.

Once alliances start having programs of proper alliance building then and only then will the Warrior age start again. Although the second Warrior age would be more of a hybrid then a true Warrior age, big alliances will still be around, because people love stability, they wouldn’t have to work extremely hard to grow their nation and have a rock solid protection program. Everybody else will be about even in strength although treaties will determine who will win battles (now this is theory if alliances are built correctly then yes alliances would be about even… although natural talent and drive do play a huge part in the success of an alliance).

As Bob grows older these two factions will mesh and blend into something exciting because both extremes (Diplomatic, Warrior) are severely boring. Both factions need one another to make the game interesting. They are the Yin and Yang… the fire and ice…. Light and Dark… right now there is too much of one extreme right now. This makes the game a very dull, non interesting game

just my thoughts...

Edited by oda

you all say that but .. you're all in major alliances that don't war as much as they use to ... XD

I think that if you war all the time it just becomes boring .. I mean in this game all you gain in money and infra .. no territory... just pushing a few buttons isn't really war to me XD but I would like to see more battles

They do this because it cuts down the competition.

No. No one educates their members on how to leave and start their own alliance because that would be detrimental to their alliance. Alliances generally don't encourage well trained members to leave, especially after investing time and money into them. Its not about cutting down the competition, its about practicality and management of resources.

And really, at this point there's so many alliances that the amount of competition created by adding one more would be minimal, probably unnoticeable.

i think its interesting but I feel there are always the warmongerers who arent exactly trying to piss everyone off. They just want war and they dont talk crap. I think that for the most part the diplomats are the biggest talkers. They talk all because they DO have the big alliance backing. So ya just my 2 cents

No. No one educates their members on how to leave and start their own alliance because that would be detrimental to their alliance. Alliances generally don't encourage well trained members to leave, especially after investing time and money into them. Its not about cutting down the competition, its about practicality and management of resources.

And really, at this point there's so many alliances that the amount of competition created by adding one more would be minimal, probably unnoticeable.

I don't see how this is a correction, as splinter alliances would be competition for the loyalty of the originating alliance's members if not say direct political rivals.

Oda, I agree with your point of view regarding the diplomatic era; you have certainly nailed it. The fact that diplomacy can be exciting but is limited to a small number of rulers makes it rather amazing to me that the era of peace has lasted as long as it has.

The diplomatic era you describe sounds more like the autocratic era, here:

In bigger alliances there can be up to 100-900 members and only a handful of positions to give out.

Governments need to scale with the size of the alliance to combat problems like this.

you all say that but .. you're all in major alliances that don't war as much as they use to ... XD

I think that if you war all the time it just becomes boring .. I mean in this game all you gain in money and infra .. no territory... just pushing a few buttons isn't really war to me XD but I would like to see more battles

Hehe, speak for yourself pl0x. The best of my times in this game have come from major wars, even now while I'm classified a rogue I heavily enjoy myself both taunting people in discussions like this [OOC] on the forum [OOC] and in enjoying the friendship of MY comrades on the battlefield. The freedom you get from eternal warfare is unrivaled by the highest of diplomatic or stable positions, IMO.

No matter how you rephrase what I just said... you still prove my point.... and besides have you ever heard of making an alliance a protectorate... guess not XD... No matter what you do people will leave because they want to really do something in an alliance and shape it to their own liking

Hehe, speak for yourself pl0x. The best of my times in this game have come from major wars, even now while I'm classified a rogue I heavily enjoy myself both taunting people in discussions like this [OOC] on the forum [OOC] and in enjoying the friendship of MY comrades on the battlefield. The freedom you get from eternal warfare is unrivaled by the highest of diplomatic or stable positions, IMO.

Never said Warfare was a bad thing.... what I'm saying now is that we are living in a Diplomatic age.. there are so many alliances tied to one another that it makes it really hard to war.. more often then not alliances are policing their alliances and that's a about it... there may be a few skirmishes here and there but nothing major

The diplomatic era you describe sounds more like the autocratic era, here:

Governments need to scale with the size of the alliance to combat problems like this.

Well no matter what this is a game.. I really think that no matter how many titles or ranks you hand out people will still leave because they can't shape an alliance for themselves.. yeah some people are fine with being in a good situation for a long time .. I don't blame them...

Oda, I agree with your point of view regarding the diplomatic era; you have certainly nailed it. The fact that diplomacy can be exciting but is limited to a small number of rulers makes it rather amazing to me that the era of peace has lasted as long as it has.
Well it's because a lot of players are left in the dark.. which keeps the political climate of CN the way it is... once people figure out how to build alliances properly then CN's climate will change... but a lot of alliances will treaty with the new alliance so they are now apart of the huge web of treaties.... that's why peace has lasted so long.. the only time a war breaks out is if top tier alliances have beef with another top tier alliance

i think its interesting but I feel there are always the warmongerers who arent exactly trying to piss everyone off. They just want war and they dont talk crap. I think that for the most part the diplomats are the biggest talkers. They talk all because they DO have the big alliance backing. So ya just my 2 cents

If the political atmosphere was a little different I'm sure a lot of warriors would blow up the forums with smack talk, but yeah there are people that let the nukes speak for themselves..

Never said Warfare was a bad thing.... what I'm saying now is that we are living in a Diplomatic age.. there are so many alliances tied to one another that it makes it really hard to war.. more often then not alliances are policing their alliances and that's a about it... there may be a few skirmishes here and there but nothing major

Woah quadrouple post :blink:

Anyway I wasn't saying that you said it was bad, however from what I understood of your post that I quoted you do say that if you war constantly it becomes boring. I disagree completely with that statement and I think this has a lot to do with the thoughts you've put into the OP. I bmean pretty soon I plan on re-entering war and like it or not I'm going to be attacked by 4 or more nations at a time (1 or more that I attack, 3 that attack me) who are going to try their bloody hardest to destroy me in any way that they can. Friends of mine whether they're unaligned, or in an alliance at war with a larger group are going to push back and with any luck the tug of war continues. Some people don't like that and it's understandable, I in fact LOVE that. And I know I'm not the only person who likes constant war. The argument against this is often "Oh well when you get attacked enough you get bill locked and ZI'd and then you can't do anything.", well that's great and all but if you give up at ZI, or at bill lock, then you and I are quite different.

Oda, you can put more than one topic in each post you know?

The QUOTE button also allows you to easily quote multiple posts in a single post.

Please learn to use it.

Also I have to agree with whoever said blasting meatbags was most enjoyable.

Sarcasm my friend and btw if it was spam I wouldn't stay on topic normally if someone has something to add to the conversation I started then I would address them personally not some huge wall of text where I have to hunt through everything.. yes I didn't know that and I haven't tried to spam areas as you can tell my post count is very small ... so ask yourself am I really doing this for post count or am I just trying to add more to the topic at hand? Since you can't have another account on these boards or in the game you'll realize that I'm adding more to the topic and trying to generate more of a response.. I'm sorry it wasn't in the format you like and I'll abide by your rules from now on

It was an enjoyable read however I must disagree.

The only part that I agreed with is that the age we live on is based on sucking up to bigger alliances, it is not a good time. But other then that, I don't see alliances starting programs to encourage others to leave the alliance that they're in and make their own alliance.

The best thing for new CNers (from 1 day old to 365 days old) is to watch the experienced players and learn from them. The ones that have been here since the beginning, the ones that have shaped the game.

One of the most entertaining(and frustrating) things is seeing the newbies trying to tell the old farts what's what on Planet Bob.