And the People Cried Tears of Iron

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Continued from The Exodus, ties into Hansa-Molakia Relations.)

Romanov looks over his last letter from his friend, Anna Ivanova...

Dear Niko,

The CD you sent me was amazing! I love your cover of "Hurt" by cash. Your voice is just...A miracle! To change it...Cant wait to hear you Rap! My mother was troubled again, saying that you and your bro....im sorry. I didnt want to write that, i know how much you miss him. But he didnt like the song. She worries too much! Doesnt she realize we are not kids in some Moscow street anymore? I told her that music is our savior. If all we ever sang about was how happy we are, we would be lying to ourselves. People try to escape their problems by getting drunk, partying and dancing them away. What really heals me is to sit down and think, face the facts, then you can get over it and be happy.

Speaking of which, how is that drinking problem? You really need to cut back man!

To a more happier note, I finally decided to come to Kotka. I want to see that Man that is you! I heard you were elected Tsar! Thats amazing! Again, my mother is scared that a little 27 year old shouldnt crush on a 35 year old. What does she know? She doesnt know what we have been throught together...That terrorist bombing....

Wow, listen to me write on and on! I need to leave to pack, ill see you in a few weeks!

Love,

Anna Bear

P.S. Enclosed is a recent picture. I know how much you love how i did my makeup!

Romanov takes out the picture and watches one of his few tears hit it.

amy_lee_bottom.jpg

Kotka AFB

Molakia

Several Eaglestrike Helocopters whir their engines up near the city of Kotka. The orders are in: Meet up with the King near the border of Hansa immediatly.

242322729-M.jpg

"This is Royal Guard Battalion. All Units on station. Covert Mission, silent running. Orders are to be given at the border. URA!"

Edited by Comrade

Molakia/Fmr Hanseatic Border

Tsar Romanov paces back and forth infront of a map of the surrounding region. He is pondering how to exactly execute this operation.

"I got it!" he exclaims, then calls for his troops.

"Alright boys listen up. You are my sword. You are my way of dealing directly with the world. But you also are volunteers, and the mission you are about to undertake is both dangerous, and a violation of international law. Anyone want to back out, do so now." he says to a crowd of about 20-30 officers.

None leave.

"Its settled than. Here is the plan: Anna's helo is rumored to have been downed somewhere in this area," he says, pointing to a small town in the far north of Hansa, "And is believed to have crash landed near the town center. We need to find her! AT ALL COST. Civilians are believed to be in the area, as are some gangs. Yes gangs people, we thought they were all killed. But they are less of gangs and more of survival militia. Terminate them if you need to. Finally, and this is a biggie, Secure a LZ for me and my fireteam once you take the towns police station. I want to be there when she is found."

"That is all gentlemen. Dismissed!"

Spetsnaz-311x204.jpg

----------------

Unknown Town

Fmr Hanseatic League/Molakia Border

Anna Ivanova wakes from her stupor. Her head is pounding and so is her side. A Molakian Soldier approachs and kneels down.

"Miss Anna, dont move. You took a hard hit to the head and probably broke a rib. Our Helo went down inside this town. We are just outside the wreck. The pilot and CoPo are dead. PFC Logan is dead, PFC Shamrock is too. Me,you and Sgt garrus are the only ones alive and awake. Oh, and i almost forgot: CPL Williams is wounded pretty bad. Took a hard hit from the helo, broke her arm. Garrus is fixing her, he be right over." The Soldier says, obviously banged up too.

"Who...who are you?" she ask, shakely.

"Im Sgt Roe. Doc Roe to most. Let me check yo...." is all she heard before passing out.

North of Porvoo, Fmr Hanseatic/Molakian Border

It was dark, which was good because the two men sporting rifles on the top of the hill didn't have the firepower to engage the downed helicopter with much else besides their wits. The taller of the two men had a pair of binoculars around his neck, night vision, he had stolen them out of a Hanseatic military depot after Helsinki was destroyed, he smiled.

"They're disoriented, most of them are wounded. If we want to move in, now's our chance."

"The boss told us to wait Pyotr, he doesn't want any engagements that we can't handle."

Pyotr glared back at his partner. "They have what, four of them and ones a girl. They have equipment and we need equipment right now. How long is it going to be before Molakia and Franzharia begin to arrive. The Irish already think they own the land, boss doesn't want that to happen."

The smaller man nodded. "Good point, how do you want to do this?"

"We just need to get closer. If we could pop two of them off right away then we'll be fine and all that Molakian equipment to be used against them. We'll definitely get a promotion."

Slowly they began to crawl through the brush towards the downed helicopter, a brutal snow whipped through the air and the sense of fear still hung in the sky from the recent explosions. Those Hanseatics who hadn't left had no intentions of losing their lands to these "invaders".

OOC: Don't worry the "resistance" is going to lose, so I'm not going to end up having two countries.

(OOC: Williams is a Woman.)

Sgt Garrus sips his flask of vodka gently, savoring every last drop. After he finds out that he is out, he throws the flask into the night, smacking into one of the tail rotorblades. Doc Roe drained the fuel out of the Helo and started a fire, which is now burning strong in the night. The bodies of the dead are now tucked into the slightly crushed Cabin, sealed tight in body bags.

Anna Ivanova shoots up, screaming in terror and pain. Doc and Garrus rush to her side.

"Ms Ivanova whats wrong?" both men say almost in unison, as the still KOed williams just shuffles in her deep sleep.

"Its...just nothing. A bad dream guys. Dont worry, Ill be fine." she replies, shaking in the cold.

"If you say so..." Roe says, going for his Rifle. "Garrus, im up, get some sleep."

Garrus obliges without a word and huddles into the firepit.

Anna Ivanova turns her back to the fire and tries to stop the tears. She doesnt know whether Nikolai escaped harm, whether or not he is looking for her or not...the fear of being in an unknown land. She grips the blankets tight as Roe walks over.

"Hey. You really ok?" he says with concern.

"No...we are in a unknown place, its cold, im hurt...wheres our rescue?!" she chokes out.

"Well, Rescue cant be called. Radiation is screwing with our radios, dang older models. Fire should bring their attention. As for unknown? Heck this is a little Hanseatic Town. If anyone is here, they should be friendly. But incase some wild animal appears..." Roe finishes, producing a 9MM Beretta from his jacket.

"Use this to keep yourself safe."

Anna shudders at the thought of shooting someone. "Thanks Roe. Ill hold onto it." she speaks softly as she passes into sleep.

Grigor and Pyotr were no spitting distance from the downed Molakian heliocopter. It would be a quick attack, hopefully they would be able to take prisoners and ransom them back for money, that would be the best outcome. The worst of course would be if one of the invaders would let loose a bullet, then chaos would erupt and everyone would die, but the resistance would get material and tools out of it and that was just as important. They checked their rifles and nodded at each other, it was now or never.

The guard was talking to the woman laying on the ground who had just passed out again and now was their chance. As silently as they could, Grigor and Pyotr waded through the brush towards the campfire and as the guard was returning to the watch, the resistance fighters appeared out of the brush with their rifles aimed at Roe.

"Don't fire, you're surrounded, drop your rifle." Pyotr said aiming the barrel at the guard, hoping that he wouldn't call the bluff. "We don't want to hurt you, we want your weapons, aid kits, and any money you have on you, you're prisoners of the Hansa Resistance, but we will be ransoming you back to Molakia. Please lay down your arms."

Grigor stayed back a bit, just out of the direct sight of Roe, if the guard did shoot Pyotr, he'd be able to get a few shots off and maybe they could take down the invaders if they didn't cooperate like he hoped.

"Hansa Resistence? You must be joking. Pal do yourself a favor and drop the weapons. We have Molakian Troops moving in to rescue us, and unless you want to be a splatter mark on the ground, you will run." Roe says, hoping the bluff works.

Anna stirs very slowly and notices the chatter of the resistence. She clutches the pistol in fear of what the men will do.

"Well we just won't be able to do that." Pyotr lifted up his rifle as Grigor let a single shot out from the woods aimed at Roe. If he was lucky, the shot would only strike Roe's legs which would drop him to the ground giving Pyotr enough time to hold Roe hostage and take the rest of the Molakian camp prisoner, then they could radio for reinforcements. The resistance camp was only a few miles down the road, another patrol would be up soon anyways to scout around the area. Things seemed good as long as the Molakians didn't turn the situation into a fire fight.

The shots takes out Roe's kneecap as Garrus, who bolted from the shot itself, fired a round downrange tword pyotr. Roe himself takes his own pistol out and fires at Grigor but the shot goes wide right. Anna dives for cover behind the helo door and the Injured Roe and Garrus trade shots with the two men for a minute or so.

Pyotr being so close to the firefight collapses bleeding out of his chest, a mortal wound, while the shots fired near Grigor took down his right leg and he screamed in pain. Able to limb away he does so, hoping that the Molakians did not decide to pursue him. Slowly he limped away and took out a radio out from his belt. "Boss! We weren't able to take out the Molakians, we are going to need help, they killed Pyotr."

"There's nothing we can do right now. Return to the base and we will look at this situation later, we need to plan a stronger offensive than just a few attempts at thievery."

"Yes Boss." Grigor says has he continues to hobble down the road.

-----

Pyotr coming out of the sudden blackout screams out in pain for a brief moment lifting his hand to his chest, while the Molakians form around him. He was dying and he only hoped that they would do him the honor of making the pain end much quicker, it was better he was dead anyways, more things would come in the future to take back Helsinki and Turku.

Garrus rushes to Roe, who is screaming in pain from the wound.

"Roe! Holy Farkistan! You ok?!"

"GARRUS. NEVER ASK THAT AGAIN! CHECK ME!" he yells.

Garrus checks out Roe and the situation bodes Ill: He knee has been severaly damaged by the rifle shot.

"Sorry Roe....you wont be walking about for awhile." he says softly as Roe says some words best not mentioned here. "One got away, barely, while Anna and Williams are checking for the other poor SOB. We need to get you to a hospital. I think i saw a clinic nearby, maybe it has something..."

Anna Ivanova walks over to Pyotr. She notices his pain and kneels down, sobbing.

"WHY! Why would you attack us!? We just crashed, we did nothing wrong." she says, checking if she can save the man. Williams walks behind her, watching her back incase someone decides to ambush again.

"Because we want our homeland back!" Pyotr yelled, the blood spilling from his mouth. "Not everyone wanted this war, not everyone agreed with honoring the treaty. We didn't want to go, the Council would have never agreed with her. We just want our country back and you are all allies of the current Hanseatic administration. They're destroying us don't you see, they're destroying all of Europe." He lifted his hand towards Anna. "Please, I don't mean to hurt you, I just want my country back and it appears that none of our citizens did. Everyone fled, our people, and our leader." He spit on the ground. "She abandoned all of us to death. Abandoned our homeland. You did do something wrong, you are trying to rule us, we see how Franzharia and Molakia work, they will take our lands from us."

"No! You are wrong! I came here to help you people! As for the Hanseatic gov...I cant speak for them! We didnt want you to go to war! Let us help you! If you want to stay, let my Gov rebuild you. If you want to leave we can give you transport....just stop the violence!" Anna says, crying the entire time.

Garrus helps Roe to his feet and hands his rifle to Williams. She attempts to load it, but her arm prevents her from doing so. Neverless, she takes the weapons and ammo and shoulders them all. Garrus and Roe have some medical supplies with them.

"Anna, lets go. Leave this scumbag to rot." Garrus says, spitting on the man.

"No! We have to help him!"

"Help him?He tried to kill us, and we need to get moving. That other fellow probably ran off and got some help! WE NEED TO MOVE NOW!" Garrus yells back, grunting under the weight of Roe.

Pyotr leaned forward and whispered in Anna's ear. "Leave me, I'm dying, you can't save me. But you can save yourself and you need to. Tell your people to get out of the country. Things are going to explode, just leave them in peace, no one wants to live in a barren wasteland and no one should die fighting here. If Molakia can restore order then let them try, but you milady need to get out of this land, there is no point for you to stay here." He struggled to stay alive to speak with her. "There are people that are neutral in this conflict that await evacuation to Australia in a town north of here. They are still loyal to Lady Tintagyl and I believe they are the people you need to talk to. This is my comrade's fight, you should not be involved." He took one final breath and closed his eyes for eternity.

Anna sobs as she tries to revive the man. Williams eventually pulls her off him and they sit near the crashed Helo.

"We have to go north! There are people who need us." Anna says, regaining some composure.

"Negative, we need to go to a hospital and await rescue. With Roe and Williams out we need to move as little as possible." Garrus replies, loading supplies onto Roe's back.

"Sgt Garrus is right kid. We need to go to the hospital." Williams replies, medical taping a strip of metal to her arm.

"But...we can't leave them!" she says, anger in her voice.

"Listen kid. Its either we all die or those people die. Either way someone dies. Thats the end of it. SADDLE UP! We moving to the nearby clinic!" Roe yells, now loaded on copious amounts of Morphine.