And the People Cried Tears of Iron

Sarah Tintagyl

The morning was like another morning in Southern Finland, cold, but a bright sun seemed to try to warm and comfort the populace of the Hansa. Small contingents of Hanseatic soldiers along with foreigners walked the streets. Men and women entertained themselves at cafes along the streets and the newspapers read of a Hanseatic landing in northern Germany and people were optimistic about the future. But in the sky a gray missile that had cried out in horror as it shred through the water of the Baltic towards the city. The tears of the angels and the gods of the sky were not enough to deter this terrific machine, it had its orders it was to destroy any feeling of victory that this small country of the north could possess.

It was like a movie, the two pulled from their offices, screaming and concerned as they were loaded into helicopters and rushed away. No one knew, no one knew anything and then it came. Few survived the great light that only seemed like a whistle at first. Before the missile landed people in bunkers with the technology to see it looking with widened eyes. Knowing that destiny had been given they could only clasp their hands and pray.

There was a flash of light...and nothing more...

Some in the world would cheer, some in the world would cry, and for Sarah Tintagyl who heard the news from asylum in Prussia said nothing, and only wished that she had been their to evaporate with her people, there was no reason to continue and she feel asleep that evening with a great hole in her heart a hole that would never be healed. The world was ending and her tears could no longer heal it.

OOC: If you have characters in Helsinki you can let them leave if they are dear to you. Just say prior to the launch or something.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*In Prussia*

The citizens of Camberic had fled, along with Sarah, taking up camp around her home. The soldiers that remained as a police force, as well as many of the volunteers, stood watch day and night, dedicating themselves to keeping her safe.

Lewis De Luit: "My Lady...We are yours, now and forever. We will go with you to the end, if we must."

The Imperial Union is deeply disturbed that a nation with no Defense against these weapons and with such an honorable reason to join the fight has been hit with these.

Similarly, Saboria is deeply disturbed that germany has used nuclear weapons against a nation which didn't attack them first with nuclear bombs and is not even capable of producing them.

All Across Norsvea, the people cried out for vengeance. Every man woman and child had ordered death to the Germans. The citizens and military were dehumanized in the nation. They were thought of as mere worms. If one was thought to be a German citizen, they would be ridiculed. Violence against tourists increased, and the Norsvean police did all they could to stop this violence. But really, they didn't want to do anything about it.

The Kaiser met them at the government concourse personally.

"Hurry on then! I've got radiation sealed vehicles waiting in underground. We'll be heading to my bunker under the castle keep."

He looked at Sarah and sighed thinking to himself, "What could have been...."

He frowned.

"All civilians...there are buses outside. They will take you to an aid processing center where you will be fed and housed until this situation is resolved."

The Kaiser met them at the government concourse personally.

"Hurry on then! I've got radiation sealed vehicles waiting in underground. We'll be heading to my bunker under the castle keep."

He looked at Sarah and sighed thinking to himself, "What could have been...."

He frowned.

"All civilians...there are buses outside. They will take you to an aid processing center where you will be fed and housed until this situation is resolved."

Walking next to the Kaiser she no longer looked like a world leader, dressed in dusty clothes, her hair a wreck and her eyes still red from the tears she was nothing but a refugee. After they arrived in the bunker she had dismissed the Camberlainers and went to find a room in the back of the bunker to stay for a moment. There was a wooden chair in an empty stone room and she sat down and looked at the ring on her finger.

"Sarah." She said to herself. "What did you do? How could it ever have come to this? Don't they realize that we're all human that we are all brothers and sisters. I know I declared war, but it was out defense. I would have rather died for that cause then to see the world suffer like this." Truly this was too much, but sitting she realized that eventually she would have to wake up from this horrific dream. There still were people and those people needed cared for. The nuclear age was over and what awaited the world was chaos, she would be there for her people, to lead them out of the chaos.

The attack on the Hansa has Slavorussians stunned. The debate over the war is beginning to shift against the Germans. Slavorussians protested in Moscow and demanded that the Slavorussian government put pressure on its allies to stop the use of nuclear weapons. Germany has indeed made it much more dangerous for its allies, especially those without nuclear retaliation.

ooc: can you link me to the post where you got nuked please, I must have missed it.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Similarly, Saboria is deeply disturbed that germany has used nuclear weapons against a nation which didn't attack them first with nuclear bombs and is not even capable of producing them.

That is the exact thing we were talking about I can understand a Nuclear Strike on a Nuclear Hostile natio but not an innocent

Fortunately, Edward and Catherine had left, quite a long while ago. Their pet rock bobo did not.

OOC: Bobo, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :o

IC: In response to this heinous act, we are placing a full embargo on the Greater German Empire. No German goods or people will be allowed entry into the Marscurian Empire. All German nationals are being flown back to their homeland.

Helsinki was the center of international diplomacy, I would not be entirely surprised if someone’s diplomatic staff was incinerated in the crossfire.

If this is the case Malatose may have started greatest international incident in history, great job breaking it heroes.

Speaking of which I haven’t heard from my representative operating from Helsinki, if I don’t hear from her by the end of the week we’re going to have a problem, the sort that involves Malatose blood.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Edited by Generalissimo

It is absolutely deplorable that Germany would use a nuclear weapon on a nation that is not equipped to defend against or even repair the damage done. The Hansa did nothing to deserve the nuclear holocaust of so many people. Not only was the strike completely unnecessary because the Hansa could have been pacified by conventional means, it wasn't even a military installation that was targeted, but a city full of men, women, and children that did nothing to deserve destruction. The Hansa was a beacon of peace and it has been irreparably damaged by a terrorist state.

Candlelight vigils are being held and effigies of German officials are being burned in cities across Arctica.

ooc: I think he used that on your fleet in the baltic, not on any of your cities. But still poor judgement on Germany's part.

OOC: No, he sent one 50Kt Nuke towards my homeland...enough to demolish the capital. Its at the end of his post.

The U-217 lurking in the waters behind the German Fleet launched one 553mm 250KT Nuclear Torpedos. They headed towards the Hansa and other enemy Fleets, however, upon detection by the enemy fleet it would detonate, evaporating the entire force. Another Submarine launched a lone SLBM, with a 50KT Nuclear Warhead, this missile was headed towards the Hansa homeland. They would pay for their attack upon the fatherland.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

In New Zealand:

*Auckland*

Hundreds of Marchar march outside the Duchess's Demense in Auckland to support the Camburic Marchar who have undoubtedly lost their lives in this horrific attack. Amidst cries of "Aotearoa!" and "Hail Lord Wellington" and "Liselle!" there were several pro-Celtic cheers and speeches made by the loyalist Fuyo-Clann.

One Marchar to another: "It's obvious those despicable Germans are just the same as they were. Nuclear weapons against a country without them? And their capital, at that! Horrific!"

Walking next to the Kaiser she no longer looked like a world leader, dressed in dusty clothes, her hair a wreck and her eyes still red from the tears she was nothing but a refugee. After they arrived in the bunker she had dismissed the Camberlainers and went to find a room in the back of the bunker to stay for a moment. There was a wooden chair in an empty stone room and she sat down and looked at the ring on her finger.

"Sarah." She said to herself. "What did you do? How could it ever have come to this? Don't they realize that we're all human that we are all brothers and sisters. I know I declared war, but it was out defense. I would have rather died for that cause then to see the world suffer like this." Truly this was too much, but sitting she realized that eventually she would have to wake up from this horrific dream. There still were people and those people needed cared for. The nuclear age was over and what awaited the world was chaos, she would be there for her people, to lead them out of the chaos.

Kaiser Tanzband noticed Sarah's emotional overload and broke in an introspective conflict of his own. Where was his nation while the rest of the world fell into insanity? Human rights had certainly been violated...is he not socially contracted to intervene on behalf of the people he called his family? It is truly difficult to tell.

He walked up to Sarah and placed his hand on her shoulder with authority and care.

He bowed his head and shed a tear.

Kaiser Tanzband noticed Sarah's emotional overload and broke in an introspective conflict of his own. Where was his nation while the rest of the world fell into insanity? Human rights had certainly been violated...is he not socially contracted to intervene on behalf of the people he called his family? It is truly difficult to tell.

He walked up to Sarah and placed his hand on her shoulder with authority and care.

He bowed his head and shed a tear.

Taking his hand in hers she turned her eyes over her shoulder. "There is nothing we can do about the past Your Highness, we have to look to the future. One day, there will be sun again, for now we must pray, pray that we survive. Kaiser we are the leaders of our people and they will turn to us now. We must take this time to cry, because afterward, we can no longer shed tears." She stood up and wiped the tear from his face and hugged His Majesty. "Thank you for taking me in, you have been a true friend for me in this dark time."

*Across Europe*

Agents of the Spider Web had acquired a taste for destroying governments it did not like...Rockport had been a great success, and even now it was ready to carry out another attack against the governments of the World. But who? Who would draw their ire?

It was just a matter of time before the clock ran out for someone...

OOC: Sarah hope you don't mind me posting here rather than posting a new thread.

IC: "Quickly prepare plans for moving the troops to better positions, at the moment we are too extended we need to close up the line" ordered Natasha as she watched those under her run off to carry out her orders. She breathed a quick sigh at the task that lay before her and she was about to head for the coffee when one of her officers shouted out in alarm. "We have an unknown ballistac missile on an incoming course from the area of Germany!!!". Natasha immediatly ran outside and was able to in the last moments of her life watch as the missile detonated into a great mushroom cloud and an expanding wave of flame and heat rushed out and enveloped her disentagrating her whole body. She was still able to make one last thought before everything disappeard in pain and blackness.

"I love you Moko"

Official Statement from the Estovakian Imperium.

"Today is a day of infamy for our nation. Today 15,000 Imperium soldiers lost their lives in the defense of Hansa. They were all swiftly killed by the nuclear weapon used by Germany. Our hearts and prays go out to the families of the soldiers. We also share in our Empress' grief at the loss of General Natasha who was known to be Empress Kusanagi's lover. At this point the Estovakia Imperium hereby declares itself in a state of war with Germany"