The Worst Resource Combination

Londo Mollari

Aside from Lead, there really aren't any bad resources. People seem to always complain about the FJ/AP resources (Gold, Silver, Furs, and Wine) but the FJ/AP set really isn't that bad, sure it isn't the 3BG, but it is definitely better than the all-too-common 8BG set.

I've grown rather fond of my lead trade actually. I have gold and furs native, but I've never bothered to head down the FJ/AP route. My normal trade set is beer, construction, microchips, scholars, fish and uranium.

Oil and lead enable microchips and scholars. So, between lead, oil and uranium, I get: +$3, +2.5 hap, -2.8% infra bill, -60% nuke bills, -20% nuke cost, -38.4% navy bills, -14.5% navy cost, and +10% soldier eff.

Well other stuff too, but none of it matters (-7.5% tech? wut?)

Admittedly, this mix is a bit light on pop boosters, but at least there's fish and wheat. Ah, for my old pre-nuclear days, when I had cattle there instead in my ideal mix. :)

well i did take advantage of the +7.5$ income (Having 50 tech upon collection) but i'm not sure if newer nations know about it

Ours do. At least the ones that read our guides. Collecting with 50 is one of the perks of being a tech seller; when you're new, buying tech is somewhat expensive. For a seller, it just comes with the territory.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i did take advantage of the +7.5$ income (Having 50 tech upon collection) but i'm not sure if newer nations know about it

It's not a hard concept to comprehend if they take any time to read a guide or description of their resource. Also, if they are selling tech, I'd hope they give enough of a damn to do those things, and if they don't then they probably deserve it.

Edited by o ya baby

I've grown rather fond of my lead trade actually. I have gold and furs native, but I've never bothered to head down the FJ/AP route. My normal trade set is beer, construction, microchips, scholars, fish and uranium.

Oil and lead enable microchips and scholars. So, between lead, oil and uranium, I get: +$3, +2.5 hap, -2.8% infra bill, -60% nuke bills, -20% nuke cost, -38.4% navy bills, -14.5% navy cost, and +10% soldier eff.

Well other stuff too, but none of it matters (-7.5% tech? wut?)

Admittedly, this mix is a bit light on pop boosters, but at least there's fish and wheat. Ah, for my old pre-nuclear days, when I had cattle there instead in my ideal mix. :)

Ours do. At least the ones that read our guides. Collecting with 50 is one of the perks of being a tech seller; when you're new, buying tech is somewhat expensive. For a seller, it just comes with the territory.

Sorry bro, your circle sucks. With only fish and wheat for population all your other so called benefits just partially make up for the income you could be getting from the extra citizens.

Edited by King Boris

Sorry bro, your circle sucks. With only fish and wheat for population all your other so called benefits just partially make up for the income you could be getting from the extra citizens.

It mainly comes from my desire to not spend all day searching for trades. FJ/AP necessitates trade swapping to buy infra with, and then there's the nearly 1M/day in bills that lead and uranium save me.

With that said, currently I am at #7 among all nations with gold and furs, and most of the six larger than me are roughly twice my age - all are older. Must be doing SOMETHING right. :)

TBH my Uranium when I started on Brown was a handicap, nobody there really understood the value, even to a small nation, mpstly because the maths are harder than a+b=c,

But I grew, I prospered, despite crappy trades,

Then somebody fed me after midnight and everything was sweet

Ok so I've been playing for 6 months now so I still think Im a bit of a noob. I've been reading these posts and I think I understand most of the acronyms, but I'd rather not assume.

I have gems and silver which seems to be probably the worst pair, unless people want the fine jewlery bonus. It's really hard to fit me in.

I like my trades because of the happiness and income bonus. I sell a lot of tech and buy a lot of infra so these are the trades I've set up:

Coal, Iron, Gold, Aluminum, Lumber, Pigs, Lead, Oil, Rubber, Marble

That gives me 7 BR, and will give me the 8th when literacy rate goes up. yay? nay? It's working out ok so far, but when a trade cancels it's pretty hard to find another person to accept my resources. <_<

• 4 weeks later...

I have Uranium and Silver.

I wont be giving them up for anything.

I just got started a few days ago.

It is good to know that whenever I get my nation big enough to start a nuclear program I wont need to trade for Uranium.

Right now I have trading partners that are cool. Some time down the road I will have to probaly upgrade but that is a long way off.

Uranium is the one resource that everyone will need at some point in time.

I don't particularly like Rubber but it's ok. If I ever get to max infra then my trades will be some of the worst possible given how Marble would do literally zero for me at that point. Suppose it's needed for construction though.

Will be dropping water for lead when I look for my new trade circle I think, not like I need the PPM bonus.

Man, seeing this reminds me how lucky i am.

I have Silver and Wine

a pretty great combo, i get jewelry easy

and if i change things up a bit AP bonus is easly obtainable.

Furs and Lead are a bad combo

but not horrible, you just have to know how to work it right

I would have to say that my fish/wheat combo is the worst in the game. It fits into no known worthwhile trade circles, and gives no benefits solely on its own merits. No one is willing to trade with me do to the massive environment hit they take when they trade with me.

Furthermore, the fish picture is butt ugly and looks nothing like a salmon or halibut.

[/sarcasm]

I would have to say that my fish/wheat combo is the worst in the game. It fits into no known worthwhile trade circles, and gives no benefits solely on its own merits. No one is willing to trade with me do to the massive environment hit they take when they trade with me.

Furthermore, the fish picture is butt ugly and looks nothing like a salmon or halibut.

[/sarcasm]

This man is my trade partner :awesome:

Just be glad you don't have lead/furs or rubber/furs. Yours fits into a circle (8BR) that everyone seems to think is really good when it's really not :P

but but you get all those cool symbols on your screen...That has to count for something :)