Televised Announcement from Emperor Justinian

Justinian the Mighty

Moscow is abuzz after the devastating attacks in central Europe recently. The debate over whether or not to enter the war against Gebiv is heating up. Most Slavorussians were in favor of war despite the threat of nuclear retaliation by the “cowardly Gebivan government.” In response to the nuclear war iniated by Gebiv Emperor Justinian scheduled to male a live statement to his subjects and the entire world.

In the press conference room of the Grand Kremlin Palace a news camera is positioned facing a desk, and behind the desk is a window that gives an amazing view of Red Square. The emperor sits behind the desk reviewing the last minute changes made to his speech.

“Your Majesty, you‘re going to be going live on all major Slavorussian news channels and international satellite stations in under a minute, and you‘ll be at the front of the evening news.” said a man standing behind the camera, making a few adjustments.

Without looking away from his speech the emperor replies, “yes, just let me know when we’re ready please.”

The man begins the countdown to air and gives the emperor the signal to begin speaking to the camera. Emperor Justinian hoped the words that he is about to speak would inspire a sense of patiotism and unity throughout Slavorussia.

“Since the sad news of nuclear attacks used in central Europe we have experienced in Slavorussia and throughout Europe a great sense of sadness, fear, and even anger. It has become abundantly clear that after the fall of Nordland, Gebiv has had aspirations of taking over as the single European superpower. This is evident in the hostile actions against their European neighbors in an attempt to silence the freedom loving people who would stand in their way, when the time came for Gebiv to begin their campaign of European conquest.

The Gebivan government‘s decision to use nuclear weapons against their invaders is indeed a very cowardly one. Any nation that would initiate a nuclear war is no friend of Slavorussia. By doing so the Gebivan government has put millions of innocent Europeans lives at risk, not only Dutch, German and Gebivan citizens but also Prussian, Byzantine, Welsh, Iberian, Proxian, Slavorussian and many more. Slavorussia cannot sit idly by while the people of Europe are put in danger by the Gebivan government. Therefore the Slavorussian government vows to support the nations involved in the war against Gebiv. Your mission is a noble one. Your actions will free the European people from the tyranny of the past and preserve freedom for future generations.

I have called the Slavorussian Imperial Armed Forces to alert. They too may embark on a journey to rid Europe of the Dark Empire which has for so long plagued the continent and gripped it in fear. I can assure our enemies that Slavorussia is no stranger to armed conflict. Our military is among the most well trained and best equipped in the world, and our soldiers resolve is undying and unyielding. When Slavorussians dedicate themselves to a cause they will not slow down, nor will then stop until the mission is accomplished. If necessary we will fight with all our might and even if injured our glorious people will march on. We are united forever under the banner of peace which will bring safety and security. No man should fear for his safety or that of his family, that is our mission.

To the Gebivan people you should know the thoughts and prayers of all Slavorussians are with you. We mourn the loss great people and the cities they lived in. We wish such sensless casualties could have been avoided but sadly they could not. Our quarrel is not with you, the Gebivan people, your government is to blame for the devastation of your cities and the death of your loved ones. Join the cause and rid your country of the evil that has invited the wrath of the peace loving nations around the world, and restore your nation to the greatness it once knew. Fight with your neighbors against the corrupt government that oppresses you to end the bloodshed once and for all.

While the world sleeps tonight the war will wage on, and lives will be lost, but we mustn’t forget the cause which we have so nobly dedicated ourselves to. The wars we fight today will ensure peace tomorrow. We will leave future generations with a much calmer and safer world than what we inherited. May our allies prevail and know we stand with them in their cause. Let us bring peace to the world for years to come, and let us forge friendships and bonds that will endure the test of time. Good night and God bless.”

*Private Musings*

"It's good to know that baseless, biased, unconditional hatred is alive and well in Europe. Shame that we ran out of arsenic laced fruitcake to send out, it would be nice to see the world squirm after that..."

He pauses,

"Well, the fruit cake would be enough, I guess the arsenic just makes certain that it'll kill..."

*Trails off mumbling*

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Soviets all over the UESR watching the bradcast applauded Emperor Justinian. Support for the war was alive and well, and a rally was held in Sofia Square at the foot of the Citadel.

The Administrator made a small follow-up address to the people.

"Again, our allies and cultural brothers speak with truth and honor. We will accept their support with the utmost of gratitude as we continue our campaign against the Gebivian Empire. Let it be known that we will reciprocate this aid when the Slavorussians next have need of the own."

Soviets all over the UESR watching the bradcast applauded Emperor Justinian. Support for the war was alive and well, and a rally was held in Sofia Square at the foot of the Citadel.

The Administrator made a small follow-up address to the people.

"Again, our allies and cultural brothers speak with truth and honor. We will accept their support with the utmost of gratitude as we continue our campaign against the Gebivian Empire. Let it be known that we will reciprocate this aid when the Slavorussians next have need of the own."

Leader John Kelikark reiterated this speech in his secret headquarters, praising the Slovorussian Empire for its honorable speech. "You see, ladies and gentlemen, the Emperor of the Slovorussian Empire speaks the truth loud and clearly. It is clear that we are fighting for freedom, by fighting against the tyrannical Government of the Gebivian Empire. These that fight against us are oppressing freedom and democracy and the like." Kelikark stated in a televised speech to the nation.

*Classified*

By the command of Empress Motoko Kusanagi 25,000 of the remaining 30,000 soldiers left behind to defend the Imperium are now moving to the Western border of the nation. Meanwhile recon helicopters are busy flying low level missions across the Estovakia-Slavorussia border and are gathering information on roadways, towns and likely areas of military buildup whilst Imperium generals compare current maps of the Slavorussia nation.

Slavorussia is prepairing to drop food and medical supplies in the Netherlands and Germany to aid those suffering from the emp attacks. Since the Gebivan government is hostile we are unable to help the Gebivan victims of their government's nuclear war.

***Classified***

Slavorussia is converting cargo and cruise ships to transport Soldiers and equipment to Gebiv, as Slavorussia's involvement becomes more and more likely.

ooc: since I have no navy i have to wait for a beachhead to be established.

“Good Morning Slavorussia. I’m Oleg Mikhailov and you’re watching SNN morning news. Emperor Justinian delivered a speech where he offered Slavorussian support to the nations engaged in the war against Gebiv. In it he warns our enemies that Slavorussia will stand strong and ensure the mission to end tyranny is accomplished. His speech was met with varied response from around the world, some good some bad. Right now we’re we have Stepan Chistyakov from the university of Moscow, Ilya Anisimov a political analyst and former Slavorussian MP and last but not least General Ivan Belyakov joins us live from Minsk.”

Mikhailov: Gentlemen what thoughts do you have about the emperor’s speech last night, and do you think he achieved the message he was trying to send? General Belyakov lets start with you.

Gen Belyakov: You know, I think in the wake of the nuclear attacks His Majesty wanted to tell our allies that we are still dedicated to the cause. It’s important for us to stand by their side when times are hard. Although we don’t approve of the use of nuclear weapons by our allies we realize they were forced to take such necessary actions against the Gebivan regime.

Chistyakov: I’m sorry but I have to disagree. If you ask me I think it was a direct threat to the Gebivan government, but quite frankly if they were concerned about Slavorussian involvement they would have nuked us too. The emperor is just trying to claim some spotlight from the politicians that really run this country, and to that end I think he was successful.

Mikhailov: So Mr. Chistykov you think the message was too harsh, but why? What specifically was threatening?

Chistyokov: The fact that he’s preparing the military to invade Gebiv is, in my opinion, very threatening. This country fought Nordland to end imperialism in Nordland, and now look at us. We’re talking about invading a country based on speculation only…

Gen Belyakov: Speculation only?! There is cold hard evidence of Gebiv’s imperialist intentions. Do I have to remind you of the Switzerland incident? Gebiv is by no stretch of the imagination innocent, any blunder head can see that.

Anisimov: I honestly think that the message sent to Gebiv was perfect. He pressured the government for starting a nuclear war, but at the same time tried to console the Gebivan people who are now suffering from the poor decision making of their leaders.

Chistyokov: the fact is this whole thing has been handled all wrong. We’re living in a world where there is no diplomacy. World leaders point their guns and make threats and actually expect results.

Gen. Belyakov: Nowadays force is the only thing some countries understand. As a soldier I live for war, but as a citizen I wish it could be avoided in some cases, but unfortunately unlike some people here, I live in the real world. I know what steps must be taken to create conditions for peace.

Mikhailov: His Majesty seemed to avoid mentioning our RUSSIAN allies in his speech. Do you think that was a good move, or do you think he’s trying to distance ourselves from our RUSSIAN allies.

Anisimov: I think it was an expected move, maybe not the route I would have taken but it was expected. We’re not tying to distance ourselves or alienate our allies, it would be foolish to do so. I do wish he had sent a serious message to Estovakia concerning their recent actions, and closing their borders to Slavorussian. I think on their part it was an attempt to pressure Slavorussia and keep us out of the war.

Mikhailov: General Belyakov maybe you can answer this question. Are rumors that Estovakia has sent troops to the Hansa to defend them from attack?

Gen. Belyakov: that is correct. The Estovakians see it as their duty to defend the Hansa from foreign aggression. Right now there are differing opinions in regard to the war, and we have to tread lightly but I’m sure things will work themselves out.

Mikhailov: Gentlemen we have to take a break, but please stay with us. We’ll have more response to His Majesty’s statement or support when we return…

I almost expected Slovorussia to keep better company, as psychotic genocidal warmongers are not good associations.

The Dutch Empire has attacked civilians in a neutral port, ethnically cleansed the entire Andonian population, and have brought this war to Europe.

In hindsight the January attack on Hansea was a pretext to test their defenses in preparation for this conflict.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Edited by Generalissimo

Statement from President DeSchaine

I echo the statements of the esteemed gentleman from Procinctia, and would add that Slavorussia is being somewhat two faced about the situation. On the one hand, you condem Gebiv for its supposed imperailistintent and offer to help the Germans, yet on the other you condem the Germans for their totally uncalled for nuclear strike on Hansa, which was honoring a defense pact made with Gebiv iin case of invasion. I say only this to Justinian the Confused... make up your mind! I have already called the act of the Germans for what it is: mass murder. In the Emperors position, I'd not want to be known as friends of that kind of people.

The Andonians were not civilians, they were murderous thieving pirates.

Additionally President DeSchaine should take note of the fact that Slavorussia does not believe such excessive force should have been used against the Hansa. Slavorussia still supports the cause to rid evil from Europe chiefly the Gebivan government who started this nuclear war. We have however amended our methods to suit the present political atmosphere. This violence must stop before the whole continent is encased in eternal darkness.

The Andonians were not civilians, they were murderous thieving pirates.

Additionally President DeSchaine should take note of the fact that Slavorussia does not believe such excessive force should have been used against the Hansa. Slavorussia still supports the cause to rid evil from Europe chiefly the Gebivan government who started this nuclear war. We have however amended our methods to suit the present political atmosphere. This violence must stop before the whole continent is encased in eternal darkness.

Europe has fallen into darkness since Germany was given another chance to reform. It's the third time their incompetence drags Europe in a continental war.