Cybernations Role-Play R

Triyun

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Vektor you haven't lost your SoI yet?! You clearly did not kill enough shrooms!

Nikonov, give Vektor all of the West Soviet Union save what has been claimed.

Actually, his sphere of influence is somewhat diminished as this map oversizes areas the further north you go.

Edited by Triyun

Application

Nation Name: Confederate States of America

Nation Capital: Charleston

Government Type: Facist

Areas wanted: Hawaii, Cuba, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky

Ethnicities: White

Link to nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...Nation_ID=15769

Application

Nation Name: Confederate States of America

Nation Capital: Charleston

Government Type: Facist

Areas wanted: Hawaii, Cuba, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky

Ethnicities: White

Link to nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...Nation_ID=15769

I eagerly anticipate war with you.

Also, I made a factbook.

GDP Formula Version 2:

Base: (Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day) x Citizens x 36500 x Infra Multiplier

Infra Multiplier Formula

0-500 Infra Chronically Underdeveloped economy: 0.8

500-1000 Infra Severely Underdeveloped economy: 0.8

1000-2000 Infra Underdeveloped economy: 1

2000-4000 Infra Developing economy: 1.2

4000-6000 Infra Burdgeoning economy: 1.4

6000-8000 Infra Vibrant economy: 1.6

8000-10000 Infra Economic Powerhouse: 1.8

10000+ Infra Industrial Super Power: 2

This version should help the low level countries out. Please finalize it, Triyun.

Also, going to Guam tomorrow. Please hold off on nuclear wars and invasions :P

Edited by Sumeragi

Application

Nation Name: The Phoenix Empire

Nation Capital: Jericho

Government Type: Consitutional Monarchy

Areas wanted:

phoenixas0.png

Ethnicities: Phoenician(From the Ancient Phoenicia :) )

Link to nation: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=188949

Edited by Centurius

:o Vektor you haven't lost your SoI yet?! You clearly did not kill enough shrooms!

Nikonov, give Vektor all of the West Soviet Union save what has been claimed.

Actually, his sphere of influence is somewhat diminished as this map oversizes areas the further north you go.

Here's a great site for this: http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

Vektor's SoI is 2149 miles.

From what I see, Vektor can have either all of former USSR west of Krasnoyarsk Krai, or the Siberian Federal District and the Urals Federal District.

The whole infra and tech scales are not corresponding to the in-game system, infrastructure level can be seen in the extended panel of your nation like "Azerbaijani Republic is a growing, mostly developed, and maturing nation".

Ingame, with only 50 tech, you can buy apache helicopters and M1-A2 tanks.. can't be 1936, and if we have to play by our stats, that tech scale is not correct. By the way, my factbook is the CNWiki page of my nation, you can find it in my signature.

Edited by President Aliyev

Aliyev the in game tech scale is not very accurate. For example you get Apaches before you get B-17s and you get F-35s which are just coming into production before you get F-15s. So we aren't using it. This tech scale is designed to scale back tech to deal with the issue of nation strength inflation. When the top nations having 4500 tech or whatever Shan and Vini have atm, we have to adjust the scale to not make them ridiculously powerful. Ultimately this ends up mattering more.

There was a time when I first started playing this game that 50 tech was a lot, however today it is not. Admin hasn't adjusted those descriptions as far as I know from when the average NS of my alliance was 4k as opposed to 23k.

Also At Sumeragi, aye, it would actually slightly bigger cause the map mis respresents the Northern most areas of the world's size, for example Russia is NOT bigger than Africa. But that said, I agree with the division you gave him, save for the ones asked for by other powers.

If you use the log function that LVN came up with some time ago and replaced 1910 with 1900, 4500 tech only gets you to 2014. The problem I have with your scale right now is smaller nations with less tech are over-penalized in my view. The tech scale should grow quickly near the lower end and level off at the upper end.

Anyway there isn't any nation in the real world with 1936 technology... there are third world nations, they don't have Merkava IV tanks and Eurofighters, but they do not live in early 1900.. they use former soviet weapons and equipments like BMP-1, Ak-47. Nobody uses pre-war or WW2 weapons anymore, and it's unrealistic ingame you jump from a stone age country to a developed country in a matter of seconds. I have 50 tech because i do a lot of tech deals, but if i spend my whole war chest on technology, i would reach 1000 tech.

Anyway there isn't any nation in the real world with 1936 technology... there are third world nations, they don't have Merkava IV tanks and Eurofighters, but they do not live in early 1900.. they use former soviet weapons and equipments like BMP-1, Ak-47. Nobody uses pre-war or WW2 weapons anymore, and it's unrealistic ingame you jump from a stone age country to a developed country in a matter of seconds. I have 50 tech because i do a lot of tech deals, but if i spend my whole war chest on technology, i would reach 1000 tech.

OOC: Somalia still uses T-34 tanks and 1947-50 tanks.

Most nations don't have an existing domestic arms industry, they purchase it from others. I've already said I have no issues with people using AK-47s. As for tech deals, you get money for that, I could use the money I give to tech deals to buy infra. Its a choice you make.

What do people think of a floor of 1950s tech.

The problem with your formula is that it is unfair to the mid high tier as there isn't much a difference over thousands of tech levels.

Edit: Keep in mind, US and its major allies aside, a lot of countries still use pretty old equipment today. Aside from South Korea and Japan + NATO its not that uncommon to see old stuff being fielded in large numbers. Even China and Russia have their modern forces a relatively small part of their total force structure.

Edited by Triyun

Most nations don't have an existing domestic arms industry, they purchase it from others. I've already said I have no issues with people using AK-47s. As for tech deals, you get money for that, I could use the money I give to tech deals to buy infra. Its a choice you make.

What do people think of a floor of 1950s tech.

The problem with your formula is that it is unfair to the mid high tier as there isn't much a difference over thousands of tech levels.

Edit: Keep in mind, US and its major allies aside, a lot of countries still use pretty old equipment today. Aside from South Korea and Japan + NATO its not that uncommon to see old stuff being fielded in large numbers. Even China and Russia have their modern forces a relatively small part of their total force structure.

Easy, linear formula.

y = mx + c.

GDP Formula Version 2:

Base: (Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day) x Citizens x 36500 x Infra Multiplier

Infra Multiplier Formula

0-500 Infra Chronically Underdeveloped economy: 0.8

500-1000 Infra Severely Underdeveloped economy: 0.8

1000-2000 Infra Underdeveloped economy: 1

2000-4000 Infra Developing economy: 1.2

4000-6000 Infra Burdgeoning economy: 1.4

6000-8000 Infra Vibrant economy: 1.6

8000-10000 Infra Economic Powerhouse: 1.8

10000+ Infra Industrial Super Power: 2

This version should help the low level countries out. Please finalize it, Triyun.

Also, going to Guam tomorrow. Please hold off on nuclear wars and invasions :P

Wow... I got 1,799,128,800,000. Isn't that a bit big?