War is in the air

cowman809

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to start one whenever you like.

(OOC: I get annoyed by people complaining about the lack of wars/drama, who sit there in alliances well connected with the web and do nothing to create fun in the game, instead waiting for other players to do it for them. If you're not having fun, you can stir things up yourself.)

Yo Bob, I think it has very much to do with whether you are in a position of creating drama and capable of stirring things up.

I can attack you if you like, we similarly matched :ph34r:

No way, you have 1k more tech :P

Edited by Starcraftmazter

Log dump...pun not intended, but life is full of wonderful surprises

Starcraftmazter Lets attack NPO

Alterego sure

Alterego when

Starcraftmazter Give me 5 mins, I need to have a crap

Now we wait to be crushed, here comes the drama...bye CN it was fun :lol:

Edited by Alterego

I was joking, but I still disagree.

Please be advised that whatever else the next war is, it will be a curbstomp with fewer than ten alliances on one side and no fewer than thirty upon the other. This has been your daily Absolutely Accurate Prediction . Please come back tomorrow. We'll have chocolate sauce.

I was joking, but I still disagree.

Wars in this day and age, of any large alliance scale, are fought to advance the alliances self interests. Who's self interests are served by a massive "equal" war? Not the interests of anyone in power or their member states. CN is pretty stratified by now, meaning most of the incompetent leaders and politicians have been filtered out by natural selection (and some now reside at the bottom of the muck, called Vox Populi). The rest will remember this* advice:

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy. To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself. Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.

The best leaders (NPO, for example) will place themselves in a dominant position preemptively before launching any war. War itself is the very last, but most visible, step in a conflict. This is incidentally why so many people whine about beatdown wars, because those people suck at the foreplay no matter their military abilities.

[ooc]* Quoted Sun Tzu[/ooc]