War is in the air

cowman809

You don't have to be a genius to know war is coming. Some people I've talked to said its here in a couple of months. I don't think so.

If not at tonight's or tomorrow night's update it will definitely be monday's. All 3 are pseudo holidays and give good war declaration reasons like "will you be mine."

A Friday the 13th war would be nice too though. The tension might not be high enough yet though, but a couple more treaty announcements and long discussions will fix that. We get like 5 of those a day anyway...

So when do you think this "great war" is going to be? Lets not let this go into a discussion if the war will happen/what the war is going to be because (its pretty clear already)/ect please. Lets just see if people can feel the tension, how high they think it is, and when it will burst.

Too bad I don't get to fight :(

Edited by cowman809

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to assume by 'great war' you mean a war with a large portion of Bob involved, both in strength and numbers, without both of those it just seems like a beat down and there's not much 'great' in that.

There isn't a timeline for great wars. They tend to happen during the summer, though, because that's when everyone is online. However, the event that triggers a great war happens quite sudden, but you'll know when the spark occurs.

During the summer, (OOC: assuming you mean summer in the Northern Hemisphere) I can think of three major wars: The Great War, FAN-Initiative War and War of the Coalition. I don't know where this idea that major wars happen during summer came about.

During the summer, (OOC: assuming you mean summer in the Northern Hemisphere) I can think of three major wars: The Great War, FAN-Initiative War and War of the Coalition. I don't know where this idea that major wars happen during summer came about.

Because this game is three years old and a major war has happened every summer?

Just working with what you're giving me. ;)

I always wonder that too. People always predict wars to be timed with holidays in the spring, winter, and summer, but when even the oldest leader has managed to see only three years of wars and politics isn't it jumping the gun a bit to call any seasonal patterns of events?

If you really want to fight cowman, that could be arranged.

He's already under Perma-ZI status for actions against TORN, so if he really just wanted to fight, he would only have to come out of peace mode and gain a few thousand NS so that our members could reach him. <_<

Because this game is three years old and a major war has happened every summer?

Just working with what you're giving me. ;)

There's been six world wars.

Plus 10 other wars involving a major alliance or coalition:

The Citrus War

Polar Wars I and II

The Maroon War

The Viridicide

NPO-ONOS War

FAN-Initiative War

The NADC War

Woodstock Massacre

One Vision-GATO War

3 out of 16. Not bad. :huh:

GW3 and UJW were both off summer wars...

He's already under Perma-ZI status for actions against TORN, so if he really just wanted to fight, he would only have to come out of peace mode and gain a few thousand NS so that our members could reach him. <_<

Its a shame TORN and the other alliances I'm under PZI from couldn't keep me out of peace mode. Those newbies sent after me at the end buckled quickly.

Sorry for the off topicness. I'll probably reroll, do 5 tech deals, and fight a bunch of low level nations on the losing side.

What if all the lines are already made but haven't been drawn yet?

If that is the case, then we are now just waiting for the actors to draw their lines in the sand.

That moment has to come and until that moment war most likely will not pop up.

People just like to mark things, before they crash things

GW3 and UJW were both off summer wars...

Its a shame TORN and the other alliances I'm under PZI from couldn't keep me out of peace mode. Those newbies sent after me at the end buckled quickly.

Sorry for the off topicness. I'll probably reroll, do 5 tech deals, and fight a bunch of low level nations on the losing side.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's a shame we couldn't find any more of our own people to keep hitting you, but unfortunately for us it becomes difficult to track down fail that low.