Alliance Wonder stats and rankings 2

Azaghul

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're not a top 40 alliance, I had to go through and all the ones I cared about myself. :P

Total Wonders: #37

Total Military Wonders: #19

Avg Wonders Per Member: #5

Avg Military Wonders Per Member: #4

Avg Econ Wonders Per Member: #8

Wonders Per 10k NS: #7

Wonders Per 1k Infra: #6

% Members with SDI: #4

% Members with MP: #7

% Members with WRC: #4

Pure Wonder Counts:

-FSS: Tied for #9 :(

-AADN: Tied for #11

-FAFB: #16

-HDNMS: #6

-MP: Tied for #28

-Pentagons: Tied for #18

-WRC: #9

-SDI: Tied for #24

-DRA: Tied for #27

For not being a top 40 alliance we sure do rank up there highly in these counts, even some of the total #'s counts. Though, I guess we're not a top 40 alliance because of our total NS. :lol:

Nice stats Aza.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

I can't help but think the war with MK is partially responsible for NPO being #1 here (not that they wouldn't be in top 3 if there wouldn't have been any war).

I will not put my arm in fire for this, as I do not have photographic memory, but I believe NPO had the most SDI's even before the last conflict of the two mentioned in game entities. What I do remember is that ever since that wonder was out, players from NPO stressed on it as a priority to buy if able.

Shh, didn't you hear Branimir? It hurts GGA's tender sensibilities to have their shortcomings pointed out. Now no more of this so called 'loling'.

I am now feeling genuinely sorry for mentioning this situation, seeing how its twisted right now to be trowed back to my face. Though know its my last time Ill spare my friendly advise about an IC aspect of game play in a OOC manner to another player. I thought it was possible, I should have known better with my 1000+ days playing this game. My bad.

I will not put my arm in fire for this, as I do not have photographic memory, but I believe NPO had the most SDI's even before the last conflict of the two mentioned in game entities. What I do remember is that ever since that wonder was out, players from NPO stressed on it as a priority to buy if able.

According to the copy I have of NPO's stats at the start of the war, you had 172 SDIs. That's barely under what IRON has now and a lot more than what anyone else had when I did this the first time in November or December.

Nice stats, thanks for your work. I miss TORN, PC and GOD, i think they would have decent spots in the lists.

I've been working on a somewhat similar military ranking system that's based neither on absolute numbers nor ratios, but membership NS distribution and considers the top 20 alliances by NS, nukes and members. I've collected the data but haven't written it up yet, will probably post in a day or two.

Edited by Chairman Cao

Congrats to those at the top!

What I find interesting is that (at the moment), Citadel type alliances are currently the strongest militarily alliances... more specifically, they are superior in Military Wonders which do effect performance and damage output/input during a war. However, this will not last.

Alliances with the greater industrial base (bigger alliances such as NPO and IRON due to member count and infra) have the potential to overtake and overwhelm Citadel type alliances in the Military Wonders category. Theoritically these big alliances can neutralize this one strength of Citadel type alliances. Big alliance are the 'sleeping giants'. Sorry, my bad, they were.

As part of my job during my tenure as The Sword I kept track of military wonders from sanctioned alliances. What I have found and continue to witness is that certain big alliances have rapidly started to acquire first strike and endurance weapons, mainly WRCs and MPs. From NPO (going from very few WRCs in late December to 36) to other alliances below them, there is a concerted effort since the start of '09 to acquire certain type of Military Wonders.

Sure Citadel type alliances have dominated these types of lists before and will continue to do so for another few short months, but come back in 6 months (if the CN peace lasts this long) and it will be a different story, I guarentee it. One of the strongest strengths of Citadel type alliances will simply be neutralized in about 6 months and soon after that big allainces will be dominating these categories.

Are there ways for Citadel type alliances to overcome this future issue? Yup, there is.

OOC: Geostrategically similar to the Germany-Russia comparisions in 1913 with Germany at its military peak and Russia realizing its industrial capacity and finally seeing it through via funds. But, um, hey, don't start a war ok? /OOC

Congrats to those at the top!

What I find interesting is that (at the moment), Citadel type alliances are currently the strongest militarily alliances... more specifically, they are superior in Military Wonders which do effect performance and damage output/input during a war. However, this will not last.

Of course not. Citadel already bought everything. Now it's just a matter of time before everyone else does too.

Of course not. Citadel already bought everything. Now it's just a matter of time before everyone else does too.

That's true. But tech makes the WRC all the more valuable. Look how much tech the Citadel alliances have, and will continue to have as they are diligent about buying it.

Are there ways for Citadel type alliances to overcome this future issue? Yup, there is.

Yes, kill everyone.

But yes, due to Admin's decision to not add any new wonders, our edge will not be as sharp as before, but we still have other advantages that can not be neutralized with time.

Yes, kill everyone.

But yes, due to Admin's decision to not add any new wonders, our edge will not be as sharp as before, but we still have other advantages that can not be neutralized with time.

Clearly, we need to execute a preemptive strike in order to maintain the Wonder Gap.

Thanks for your work, Aza! We Hitchhikers sure have a lot of work to do... :(

I am now feeling genuinely sorry for mentioning this situation, seeing how its twisted right now to be trowed back to my face. Though know its my last time Ill spare my friendly advise about an IC aspect of game play in a OOC manner to another player. I thought it was possible, I should have known better with my 1000+ days playing this game. My bad.

Your post was admirable and I think you should continue to post like that (OOC).

IC you're the "usual silly trolling" Pacifican, of course! :P;)

Yup, TOP and a couple other Citadel and Citadel type alliances do have advantages right now that will (hopefully) lessen the impact of the long term trend that is currently occuring in CN. The process being the reversing of 'wonder and improvement power' back into the favour of big alliances. I expect parity btw the 'elite' and 'big' alliances within 4 months and then the 'big' alliances to outstrip everyone in half a year, if things continue as they are.

Killing everyone would be quite fun. Seriously. Just get Orange behind you and you can coordinate our 10k+ nukes ;) (or is it over 11k now??)

Yup, TOP and a couple other Citadel and Citadel type alliances do have advantages right now that will (hopefully) lessen the impact of the long term trend that is currently occuring in CN. The process being the reversing of 'wonder and improvement power' back into the favour of big alliances. I expect parity btw the 'elite' and 'big' alliances within 4 months and then the 'big' alliances to outstrip everyone in half a year, if things continue as they are.

Unfortunately, you are correct. Unless admin decides to add new wonders to the game.

Of course, the benefit of owning all of the wonders means that you have nothing else to spend money on but tech.

Which, following that line of thinking, means Citadel alliances will have tons of tech and tons of money as compared to other alliances who are still "catching" up.

This cash can be spent on increasing infra...which means Citadel may well comprise an even larger number of top 100 nations...and be potentially "out of range" for any of their enemies.

edit: ohshi i just let out the sekrats

Edited by Nizzle