It is that Time again

Kilkenny

TPFannoun.png

DARN IT!!!!! Again, the mighty Kilkenny is frustrated by his computer. Once again, having fallen behind on paperwork, Peggy_Sue has chained me to my desk. One of these days I will remember to put my lock picks in my pocket to foil this plan of hers. Why must there be so much paperwork anyway. All sorts of notices, status reports and information papers come across my desk and need my comments before going out to the rest of the military.

Of course looking over the Military Status reports always brings a smile, the improvements are nice. I can't wait to send out the report with my comments added, EXCEPT I CAN'T GET THIS COMPUTER TO WORK!!!!! I make a call for a computer tech, Of course Peggy_Sue won't unchain me :( Quicker than I can read through the reports, a computer Tech comes in. He quickly fixes the problem, some hardware issue if I remember correctly. I did notice he was very proficient in his job, and had a interesting logo on his shirt. I ask about his logo, an OSA. I ask him what that stands for, Open Source Alliance he states. Hmm, You exist here on Planet Bob I ask, Yes he states. Where do you usually hang out I wonder outloud. There is a bar down the road that we usually meet at. I thank him for his work. Quickly I get down to the business of finishing my paperwork. Soon that I am released from my chains by Peggy_Sue. I quickly escape before she can change her mind. Note to self, have those chains removed Monday morning first thing. I head down to the bar the Computer Tech mentioned, now what was his name...Nolissar, that was it. I stroll in the door and take a spot at the corner of the bar. Fortunately they have my 2 favorite things, :popcorn: and Beer!!!! Soon I notice Nolisser over on the other side of the bar with several others. I watch as they carry on throught the night, eating :popcorn: and drinking beer, which really boosts them in my eyes. Of course being friday night trouble soon starts. 2 guys get into a fight, and I notice that Nolisser tries to mediate, impressive. Of course it doesn't go all that well, one of the guys thinks he is pretty tough and has a bunch of guys to back him up. This is where I come in, I stroll on over. What seems to be the problem I ask. The trouble maker says he is, and I can take care of things myself. Well, that is where you are wrong, cause I like him and I don't like you so it seems you are the problem. Well that shuts him up quick, and he quickly leaves muttering. I turn to Nolisser, do yall have any friends here in Planet Bob to help you out? Not really he says, and thank you very much for your help there, it could have been ugly. Well, yes it could have, but then again, it is Friday night at the bar. I tell you what, I like the way you carry yourself, and your attitude.

Tell you what, consider yourself a Friend of The Phoenix Federation. The Phoenix Federation, wow, that is an honor he says, to be associated with The mighty Phoenix and yourself, the Mighty Kilkenny, Minister of War for the Phoenix Federation. We would be honored!!! Just make sure you keep our computers running I tell him with a smile.

From this point on, The Open Source Alliance is a General's Protectorate. Any Attack on them is an attack on The Phoenix Federation. Stay off their mouse!!!\

tl:dr The Open Source Alliance is a General's Protectorate.

Edited by Kilkenny

The OSA are very proud to come into existence under the protection and guidance of TPF, a great community who have been supportive and helpful and we look forward to growing under their ample wings.

Special Shout out to Agnu and KillKenny and all of SNAFU!

Nolissar,

President of the OSA

Hurry......RUN....get away from the evil empire that is TPF. They will ruin the game for you!!!!!!!!!

RUN NAO!!!!!!!!!!!

jk.... I :wub: my TPFers!

Congrats OSA! Not many out there (if there are any at all) that are better to learn from.

o/TPF

Edited by JWConner

Welcome Open Source Alliance!

Say, would any of you happen to know a place I can buy a good restraining-type chair? You know, like an office chair that has ankle cuffs and grabs (and holds) the keister in place until the keymaster releases it?

I will pay a handsome finder's fee ...

Call 867-5309 and ask for the Keymaster.

676.gif

The true irony of TPF protecting the Open Source Alliance may never be known outside the walls of TPF gub, but I welcome our new brethren.

Hail/

OBM

No way did you support this treaty :P

Also, congrats to TPF, may your software now be improved and secured by masses of hobbyist volunteers, and may the hippy stench of Linus Torvalds only reek upon Dear Leader mhawk and the Great Leader Slayer.

(IC Disclaimer: Linus Torvalds is a famed open source advocate in the nation of Great Pwnage)

Edited by bigwoody

Welcome Open Source Alliance!

Say, would any of you happen to know a place I can buy a good restraining-type chair? You know, like an office chair that has ankle cuffs and grabs (and holds) the keister in place until the keymaster releases it?

I will pay a handsome finder's fee ...

Call 867-5309 and ask for the Keymaster.

676.gif

I've got nothing. No really. After reading this, I've got nothing.