FACE Press Conference

VIdiot the Great

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you conform to the moronic tradition of new alliances strenuously butchering English and its flow by fashioning your alliance's name in a manner that would make its acronym a pronouncable word that has nothing to do with anything, prompting you to stick an ugly depiction of it as the main design on your flag?

WHY?

Why did you conform to the moronic tradition of new alliances strenuously butchering English and its flow by fashioning your alliance's name in a manner that would make its acronym a pronouncable word that has nothing to do with anything, prompting you to stick an ugly depiction of it as the main design on your flag?

WHY?

Is there a better way to confuse you? Seriously though. VI is a musician. FACE is all part of his life. Do you you remember music class?

F.A.C.E. fills the space.

Edited by hormones74

WHY?

By the way Doitzel you spelled pronounceable wrong while trolling our use of the English language while you can't even spell a simple word. Now don't you have an alliance to go troll or did they take all your fighting spirit away?

By the way Doitzel you spelled pronounceable wrong while trolling our use of the English language while you can't even spell a simple word. Now don't you have an alliance to go troll or did they take all your fighting spirit away?

Even with all the words spelled correctly Federated Allies for Cultural Exchange still sounds atrocious and makes even less sense. Who needs enemies when your allies "federate" you? For the express purpose of "exchanging culture", no less.

Congratulations on being the first person in three years to attack my English skills, though. At least I have the decency not to use my lack of English skills as an attack itself.

So am I to believe that you personally do not think Tech Raiding is wrong, but your government does not allow it?

I don't think he personally has an opinion on it. However, that's just my personal opinion of his personal opinion, and I can be wrong.

It is clear that the government does not allow tech raiding:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=39037

Amended, this 10th day of November, 2008. Henceforth, a member of FACE may only declare war upon a sovereign nation under the following conditions, and only with leave of the Triumvirate:

1) When war has been declared on a member of FACE

2) When FACE has declared war

3) As directed by the Triumvirate

Any other declaration of war is considered illegal and, as such, will be subject to sanctions as to be determined by the Triumvirate.

Hormones74, Triumvir

EmperorVIcious, Triumvir

Edited by XRCatD

Choose a path for your alliance: Relevance or Independence?

Are both attainable? If so convince me without using an example such as "X" alliance. I'd rather not go down the road of debating who is or who isn't dependent on each other.

I'm just going to point out that both are attainable:

One alliance with strong enough power (doesn't matter whether or not it's from many large alliances merged) can use the power to control the stage. In that state, it will have to be relevant. Since it is one alliance in control, it is independent.

I actually believe that tech raiding is fun(warring is fun) but, I don't think tech raiding is wrong nor right. In my opinion tech raiding really doesn't teach a nation how to be successful in a war and sets them up for high expectations that will end up being crushed once they're on a bad end of a curbstomp. But even though tech raiding is fun, it's not needed for an alliance. In my opinion it actually hurts the smaller tech dealing nations. Most middle nations like myself either can tech raid or buy tech on a daily basis but, in my experience and if you don't want to lose most of your war chest, then it's better to buy tech from smaller nations. This helps boost their nation growth. And when you tech raid you can only get around three days of attacking when you're going solo and the nation is inactive. So 3(number of days a raid usually last) x 2 (number of battles you can do per day) x 5 (amount of tech you can get per battle. Now this is for around 10k nations since that's when you do most of your tech raiding)= 30 tech a raid. Now if you do a 3x3 that's 100 tech 70 tech more than what you would get for a raid plus the fact it helps out your alliance mates. So again I do not find tech raiding right nor wrong it's just there some will use it others won't. I hope that answers your question. Oh P.S. War game is much better for nations learning how to war rather than the alternative tech raids. Oh PSS I don't spell so well and I don't have great grammar either. So yah

Are both attainable? If so convince me without using an example such as "X" alliance. I'd rather not go down the road of debating who is or who isn't dependent on each other.

what do you mean by Independence, Metal? If you mean Independence from the MDP web? Or from following in with all the other alliances that can’t make up their mind for them selves nor know what to do during war? Answer those and I’ll respond back

Both are obtainable but not until you lead. You cant really be independent unless you have nobody holding power over you. TOP holds some power over us right now, as they are our protectorate :wub: . We ditch them and we would just be a silly irrelevant micro. Leading a bloc is the only way to obtain both, and of course, like almost any other alliance, we want that eventually.

As with all things excluding our awesomeness, we aim for balance. That said, you'll never see FACE sign a treaty that we're anything less than fully committed to; on the other hand, we aren't going to be completely isolationist in order to maintain independence.

Mostly because ChinatownBus and TwistedRebel are, and I want to grow up to be just like them.

Their lives are so fulfilling and their deeds so virtuous and rewarding that I cannot blame you. Even I envy them, from time to time.

Actually, it's because I like you.

Are you attracted to me because of my good looks, or because of my sharp wit?

what do you mean by Independence, Metal? If you mean Independence from the MDP web? Or from following in with all the other alliances that can’t make up their mind for them selves nor know what to do during war? Answer those and I’ll respond back

Whatever independence may mean to you.

WHY?

Doitzel, I appreciate you stopping by. I've always been a fan of your posts, and I must say you have style. Something I certainly envy as I seem to have very little.

Yes, I am a musician, and in fact, as I write this, I have just finished my last gig with my band and am retiring from playing out.

Anyway, back on point. You're absolutely right. The name is extremely contrived, but it did have a very important purpose.

When the idea of a merger was floated, in what was to become The Dark Evolution, I initially was resistant to the idea. This is no way a slam on DE, I have a lot of friends there and enjoy the discourse I have with the members and government there. As I mentioned earlier, my relationship with TOP was very important to me. I wanted to keep that in place, somehow, someway. The path I decided on, mostly because I knew my fellow LX members would be well cared for at DE, was to create my own thing. It seemed that the timing was perfect. I had led an alliance in the past (freak safari - and hey guys, glad to see you're doing well, you're a great bunch), and my gov duties at LX were at an end. Thus, I really had my options wide open. No one was depending on me. I take peoples' trust in me very seriously, so as a tenet, I will sublimate what is in my best interest to the interest of those around me. If someone is willing to follow me, then I am hell bent on making sure I take that seriously. You may ask yourself why this is relevant, but I believe I will get to that.

Anyway, the duty of telling TOP that LX was merging fell on me. I was the main contact with TOP, and as much as I hated it, it was my responsibility to tell the folks that I had grown so close to that we would be ending that relationship. I contacted Crymson (and yes, this is a pattern, I am a big fan of him and seek him out when I need advice, or am stuck in a situation. He always seems to have a good take on the situation). Contemporaneously with telling him that LX would be nullifying the treaty with TOP, I asked if I might make a proposal. He was tied up at that time with war preparations for GW 5 and suggested I contact his deputy, broadbeans.

I can not underscore enough the importance of broadbeans in the early days of FACE. First of all, he is truly one of the nicest people I have ever met in this game. He knew nothing about me, yet was willing to listen to the following harebrained scheme.

I am a voracious reader, and had recently read the wiki about The Coven. At that time I was writing for CNNN and my contact was in the Legion and had brought it up to me. I was intrigued. As I mentioned earlier, RP is my main love. Thus, an alliance was born.

I contacted broadbeans and told him of my proposal. Basically, it was a RP alliance. He asked me about membership in the proposed alliance, and I answered honestly and said 'I'll be lucky to find 5 people who have any interest in this proposed alliance.' I think he was taken aback and asked 'why so few?'

I told him my idea. I wanted to create an alliance within an alliance. The 'real' alliance was to be called the 'Council of Bloodstone.' It was intended, RP wise, to be a clandestine alliance based in the Crossroads that employed secret measures to effect the betterment of the Black trade sphere. In fact, several amendments, as well as my RP thread 'What the Hell Have I' reference Bloodstone, and there is a wiki entry that I wrote regarding the same. So I told broadbeans about my idea, and he was intrigued. So preliminarily, the idea for my alliance was Council of Bloodstone (please do not confuse it with Blackstone, as that is a completely different entity). So I had the alliance within the alliance (members of Bloodstone would need a front to operate behind), but I didn't have a name for front organization.

As I recall, broadbeans and I kicked around a few names for the 'front' alliance. As it was a RP thing, I wanted it to be obvious that there was something behind it. The acronyms I picked were FRONT, MASK and FACE. All the names I came up with for this 'front' alliance were cumbersome. The least odious was FACE, Federated Allies for Cultural Exchange. Again, I need to stress that at the outset of this endeavor, I had one member and myself. Yes, that's right, I started the alliance with two people. But as fate is wont to do, things would go very differently than my initial plan. I received a bunch of queries about what I had planned, mostly in response to my post in the DE creation thread which had my name on the charter, but a post noting I wished them luck which made it clear that I would not be joining. To this day, I miss many of my alliance mates, but am heartened by the fact that they are well cared for.

So broadbeans and I settled on the cumbersome nomenclature of FACE, and came up with something that fit that acronym. I have a great story in mind for Bloodstone's creation, which is referenced in one of the amendments to FACE's charter. Basically, a group of die hard purists within the Crossroads assassinates a Senator within FACE roughlyaround 1200 AD. Like I said, I was creating a RP alliance, and was far more interested in what stories I could come up with than actually running an alliance (and hence, my desire to be put out to pasture at some point).

But an odd thing happened on the way to the pasture. Some really great friends looked me up and asked if they could join. I'm a bit of a sucker for a sad luck story, and before I knew it, FACE had become a fully functional and real alliance and I never got to create the alliance I intended to. I find that hilarious on many levels. As the saying goes 'Man plans, God laughs.' Hence, I am now running FACE along with Hormones and my members are coming up with great ideas going forward which has only delayed my desire to write stories. Actually, now that I think about it, my members may well know my desires, but are seeking to avoid having to read the anticipated drivel that I come up with. A crafty bunch I would say.

So I didn't create the alliance I anticipated, but instead got the alliance I can't walk away from.

Did I mention FACE has great members? It does, and I'm far better off for the detour I've taken. I wouldn't trade one member for anything.

No tech raiding. Our gov sucks at it so we pay the price :(

HAHAHA true that my friend

Even with all the words spelled correctly Federated Allies for Cultural Exchange still sounds atrocious and makes even less sense. Who needs enemies when your allies "federate" you? For the express purpose of "exchanging culture", no less.

Congratulations on being the first person in three years to attack my English skills, though. At least I have the decency not to use my lack of English skills as an attack itself.

Come on man, I like your style, but nonetheless please take this elsewhere mate

sup FACE, i remember when you first started, and i also queried you about joining. So how is FACE, and which one is the worst, hormones, budlight or BEazy?

EMP VI is deff the worst.