FACE Press Conference

VIdiot the Great

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does FACE see itself in 3 months, 6 months, and a year?

Good question.

Ok, I'll start at the start. When the idea of FACE came about, I was looking to start an alliance based on several tenets:

Very active members

Nation building

Strict OOC/IC divisions

Roleplaying/writing

Diplomacy

Other members are more in touch with the war aspect of the game, so I leave it to them. I like the RPing and nation building parts of the game myself. So anyway, at first, I figured we'd be lucky to have 5 members. RPing and non tech raiding alliances tend not to draw a lot of members, as many folks are interested in the war aspect (which is totally cool, just not my cup of tea).

I wanted to create an alliance that would allow for a lot of disparate RPing of Middle Eastern, Asian and European cultures. That's why I created the hypothetical area known as the 'Crossroads' - RL Middle East - as a starting point. FACE's charter also includes quite a few amendments which are the starting points for RP's and stories.

So as of now, we're at 16 members and around 400 k NS. Our Avg NS is almost 26 k. So with that as a backdrop, here's what FACE hopes to achieve based on your proposed milestones:

3 months: I'd like to see our Avg NS at 30 k. To me, numbers for the most part are just that, but the avg ns number is important to me because it is an indicator of how well you're taking care of your alliance's nations. And that's how I largely view my role, a caretaker of the nations entrusted to me and Hormones. I'd also like to see FACE at 25-30 members.

6 months: It's strange, but I hadn't thought this far ahead until recently. I see the 3 month to 6 month period as one of expanding our membership while keeping our avg ns at 30 k. But the biggest goal would be for me is to no longer be the protectorate of TOP, but rather the close MDP ally of TOP. A ways to go for sure, but I think FACE can do it. It is at this point I'd hope to get back to doing more of what I love: RPing and writing stories because FACE would have all the structures in place necessary to continue our growth.

1 year? Wow. I hope I"m not divorced. Oh, you meant FACE. Ruler of the Cyberverse? Yup. That.

What are your major FA goals?

As noted above, I'd like to see FACE grow to the point of being considered an MDP ally of TOP. That is my primary foreign policy goal. FACE's secondary goal is to be active in Black politics. I remember when I got here the constant 'black is unstable' talk, but over the past year, Black has, in my opinion, become a model of stability. I'd like to be involved in the development of more economic/diplomatic ventures regarding Black.

What are your major IA goals?

In addition to the above, I'd like to be put out to pasture like a crazy old grandfather on the front porch writing my stories and yelling at the members to stay off my lawn.

Do many people in your alliance actively roleplay and write stories? Or is it mainly you?

Actually, quite a few have, but the catch 22 is because we have active members, they are often working on things for the alliance and don't have time to write as much. Hormones has also become very good at it, and our announcements generally (in an IC context) are stories involving RPing. But we don't make too many announcements, so I think folks may not be that familiar with our style in that regard.

VI why do you love me so, look into your heart for the truth ;) . Sad to say I've been in your channel since it's conception and I don't know your treaties, besides TOP protectorate, what are they? Who let shigh in? Why does toku love hamsters, VI?

Ok I spelled your name wrong no one cares about it shigh :P

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

VI why do you love me so, look into your heart for the truth ;) . Sad to say I've been in your channel since it's conception and I don't know your treaties, besides TOP protectorate, what are they? Who let shigh in? Why does toku love hamsters, VI?

Ok I spelled your name wrong no one cares about it shigh :P

I loved our verbal jousts in #apocalypse with Toku, BadOmen and others. Those were great times.

FACE's only other treaty is with Ether, which came into existence right around the same time FACE did.

I've known Shigh for a while. He was RoT's diplomat to Freak Safari back when I was head of that alliance. A good guy, and I'm glad to have him on board.

Toku is a highly disturbed individual with moods ranging from bouts of crying like a little girl and delusions of grandeur. I'm not sure how the hamsters play into it all, but I'm not really curious enough to ask as the answer is probably highly disturbing and illegal.

yea regular jackass that guy is too :P trying to marry random people with hormones as the flower girl

Is flower girl not a respectable job?

I loved our verbal jousts in #apocalypse with Toku, BadOmen and others. Those were great times.

FACE's only other treaty is with Ether, which came into existence right around the same time FACE did.

I've known Shigh for a while. He was RoT's diplomat to Freak Safari back when I was head of that alliance. A good guy, and I'm glad to have him on board.

Toku is a highly disturbed individual with moods ranging from bouts of crying like a little girl and delusions of grandeur. I'm not sure how the hamsters play into it all, but I'm not really curious enough to ask as the answer is probably highly disturbing and illegal.

:0 oh god

why the heck would anyone allow Hormones in their alliance?

Well, after the 3rd month of tripping over his refrigerator box on the street and telling him to 'piss off' when he asked for money, I started to have this weird sensation, what have been described as 'feelings of guilt' which had previously been unknown to me. As such, I let my new-found 'sympathy' for the wretch take over and gave him a home.

how negatively, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most negative, has hormones presence effected FACE?

Actually, they just did a study in Scientific American which described Hormones74's affect on alliances thusly: Allowing the species known as hormonus seventyfourus into control group alliance A negatively affected the control group to such a degree that modern instrumentation was incapable of measuring such a vastly ginormous negative value. In other news, someone claims to have discovered 'the wheel.' Scientists claim it is a hoax at worst, a fad at best...

why the heck would anyone allow Hormones in their alliance?

how negatively, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most negative, has hormones presence effected FACE?

Without hormones, we would have only BEazy to conduct "Self-Anarchy 101". Hormones is a much more experienced master of this technique, and is therefore indispensable.

On a scale of 1-10, hormones' effect can be noted as one centillion.

Unless I'm mistaken, your current protector is TOP. Why, out of all the alliances in the game, did you seek a protectorate agreement from TOP?

(It should be noted that I have nothing but the utmost respect for TOP. The wording just seems harsh.)

To answer your question. Out of all honesty we feel TOP is probably the best alliance out there, and they have been more than adequate in helping us along our merry way. They protected us as Legio X after the NoV-Continuum was as well. There isnt a better group of guys in game than TOP.

Edited by hormones74

Unless I'm mistaken, your current protector is TOP. Why, out of all the alliances in the game, did you seek a protectorate agreement from TOP?

(It should be noted that I have nothing but the utmost respect for TOP. The wording just seems harsh.)

Previously, Hormones and myself were in Legio-X. After the NoV war, we thought a protector would be a step forward and helpful for LX. TOP was on a very short list of alliances that we wanted as a protector, strangely enough because we had a disagreement with TOP on the Black Conclave a long time before, and as a result of that, got to know Crymson and others in TOP. When we got to know them (this was prior to LX forming) we were incredibly impressed with TOP's structure, membership, outlook, professionalism and attitude. We were ecstatic when TOP took a chance on LX as a protectorate.

I really valued the relationship that LX, and myself, had with TOP. When LX decided to merge with BDC, Obsidian, and Element, I decided that I wanted to remain in the TOP family, as it were, and FACE was created with much help and guidance from TOP and some members of Umbrella (looking at you godfather, thanks!). Essentially, FACE was created with the goal of having TOP as a protector from the start. I knew the administration (and have dealt with six administrations in TOP since my time in LX), and further, DJ Penguin and Broadbeans were dispatched to oversee our development.

And yes, I'll pimp them out as protectors. TOP does an awesome job. They're hands off if you don't need help on a certain issue, and there in an instant if you do need help. A great example was a recent tech raid on one of my members. I woke up, was on the computer for about three seconds when I had a query from a TOP member saying 'hey, we took care of that issue.' I said 'uh, what issue?' They said 'The tech raid, we've got some guys on them and they'll be another member from alliance X in your channel to help you out.'

I had no idea there was even an issue and it was handled. So anyone looking for a protector, I would highly recommend TOP.

So yes, I attribute a large portion of the success FACE has had to TOP.