GOD-Zenith Announcement

Xiphosis

How could that happen? You mean Zenith will be the center of the anti-nazis' attention?

nazi, anti-nazi, or both is a debate i'm not interested in talking about.

I disagree with the scenario that KM could turn Zenith into NoV 2.0. I think the personalities in charge of Zenith ATM are strong enough such that this scenario isn't that plausible.

personally i don't really know much about zenith, i'm pretty sure most in my alliance don't either except our MoFA... but any alliance that KM ends up to be gov in means that it will attrack his charming friends to negative effects for us.

also hai Cour :awesome:

Edited by Venizelos

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never accept these terms if I were Zenith. If KM is a member of their alliance, then he should be allowed to run for gov't just as any other normal member would be able to. Not to mention the fact that I would have just spent 60 mil on somebody who can never truly apply his talents to the alliance.

Congrats on your agreement guys, regardless of my opinion of it.

Figures I'd have to work when this all goes down.

• It be understood that this is a GOD-Zenith agreement, and that Kaiser Marten's PZI status will hold true should he decide to leave.

I wish we had this term on all of our admissions. "Don't leave or we'll ZI you." Welcome to the Zenith Penal Colony. It was what we had originally offered. I figured it seemed fair. Not high enough to be impossible for Zenith to pay but not low enough to not make it work GOD's while.

or it's a way for zenith to protect thier 60 million dollar investment

It was a term GOD asked for. We were willing to oblige as a gesture of good will.

well, I'm sure there is a lot of this I don't know about so I'll assume DK isn't getting fleeced or intimidated into this. I do trust bigwoody to be fair.

Rest assured, we knew what we were doing.

A mile and back from what? When he was in BDC and NV, there was no interest at all in carrying out a pZI sentence then. Why now is there all of the sudden this tremendous interest?

That's a conundrum.

While the cash payment I can understand, what's with the government restrictions and making KM stay in Zenith? What is the the purpose of such a stipulation coming from GOD? Good on Zenith for paying out of their own pocket for someone's freedom.

I would also echo the question that others have posed. If KM was on GOD's PZI list, why was he not pursued in NV or BDC?

I've always believed that there was no god but Admin and only He should be able to determine which of his children are able to be on Planet Bob.

Now while I only have a basic understanding of this situation from an explanation via query on IRC, as far as I can tell it's honestly kind of pathetic that Zenith needed to work this deal out.

But, that's just my personal opinion and, to be honest, I couldn't really care less. So I guess hail and such?

I wonder if we agree on issues like these because we're in the same alliance, or vice versa?

$60,000,000 and still considered PZI under GOD's terms. I fail to see the wise investment in this for Zenith. This is in no way an attempt to troll either side, Im just curious as to why Zenith would agree to this.

KM, good luck with your new found freedom. I do hope you enjoy your retirement in Zenith, Duncan is a great leader, and now I find out his generousity is unrivaled.

$60,000,000 and still considered PZI under GOD's terms. I fail to see the wise investment in this for Zenith. This is in no way an attempt to troll either side, Im just curious as to why Zenith would agree to this.

KM, good luck with your new found freedom. I do hope you enjoy your retirement in Zenith, Duncan is a great leader, and now I find out his generousity is unrivaled.

The amount of ransom in this thread is exceeding epic proportions.

heh, 60mil is chump change. Gramlins paid Rok 180mil for a far less controversial member. Zenith got a hell of a deal.

Yeah, except Gremlins could stop RoK five ways from Sunday and Zenith can't do so with GOD--it's not a congruent comparison by any means. Gre tolerated RoK's request, Zenith--while they may not be upset at all--hardly had much choice if they wanted to keep Martens.

Coursca you've got the multi-billion dollar question that only GOD has the answer to, and probably those that were part of coming up with this agreement.

And if you really think about it, KM hasn't been active in CN politics since NoV/NoR was disbanded long ago. So, I'm not even sure where the threat of KM comes into play anymore but oh well.

Martens hasnt' been active in politics since well before the NoV war. His time in BDC and Nueva Vida was basically time spent in a wicker prison.

For KM's sake I hope he never finds Zenith to be boring or that it disbands, but both are hard for me to imagine as they have some excellent people over there.

Frankly if I were TrotskysRevenge I'd declare him a member of NPO just for giggles.

How about if Zenith folds into TPF? ;)

EDIT:....also, Hai Hoo...I see you there. :D

Only, if it was politically advantageous. ;)

or it's a way for zenith to protect thier 60 million dollar investment

No, no it's not. Don't even try to give us that bold faced lie. It's a way for GOD to try to come off as nice, but actually remain the same way they were. If Zenith wanted to protect their investment, they could do so themselves.

GOD has now allowed KM to keep he's IC nation, given he stays in Zenith (Who has worked very hard for him to achieve this). You guys are really expecting GOD to go a mile and back here.

No, no we're not. Taking someone off perma zi is not going a mile and back, especially when they only Perma ZId him when it was politically advantageous for them.

Edited by youwish959

So does this make him the highest paid free agent nation in the history of Bob?

Not even close.

Yeah, except Gremlins could stop RoK five ways from Sunday and Zenith can't do so with GOD--it's not a congruent comparison by any means. Gre tolerated RoK's request, Zenith--while they may not be upset at all--hardly had much choice if they wanted to keep Martens.

Actually you are way off. Gramlins asked very nicely what it would take to get wenwilthisend off of the PZI he was sentanced to. RoK simply asked that reps be paid for the damage that was done and it was quickly agreed upon. The request was made by gramlins after wen posted on the Gre forums informing the alliance what he had done and his intent to leave planet bob. RoK requested nothing and Gramlins considered it a favor to them at the time. If RoK said no deal it would have ended there.

I am pretty knowledgeable about it since I am the one who contacted Hoo and got the ball rolling.

No, no we're not. Taking someone off perma zi is not going a mile and back, especially when they only Perma ZId him when it was politically advantageous for them.

Please explain the political advantage that GOD would have gained by PZIing KM. The only person I saw trying to do something that was politically advantageous was KM himself when he posted an antagonizing thread even though he knew talks were happening.

So let me get this straight, 60 Mil. For a member never allowed to be in goverment or serve the alliance in a worth while position? I like you guys at Zenith, but I don't see the value in such an investment.

Also; I'm too lazy to read the 6 pages before me.

You must not know how members in alliances work. In many alliances there are far more useful and intelligent people in the general membership than they have spots for Government. While in the general membership section of Zenith, KM can still contribute to the alliance by providing experience when asked for it and giving tips that may have helped him (or hurt him) in the past

To think that a general member is worthless is the kind of attitude that doesn't allow your alliance to grow and you will stagnent the either realize your mistake or slowly lose membership

Please explain the political advantage that GOD would have gained by PZIing KM. The only person I saw trying to do something that was politically advantageous was KM himself when he posted an antagonizing thread even though he knew talks were happening.

That was bad wording, what I was trying to say is it wouldn't have been politically disadvantageous for them as it would have been when he was in Black Defense Coalition or Nueva Vida. Opportunist is more the word I'm looking for.

Nice dash for PR, TPF, tough I do wonder where you were when precedents to this were being set, by your own allies no less. Slightly hypocritical and maybe a tad opportunistic?

Oh, and Xiphosis is evil and a griefer because he doesn't accept another alliance's release of a member of their PZI list to automatically mean that GOD has to release them too. And obviously Xiph is a stubborn man that can not be dealt with reasonably, agreeing to terms after KM made an inflammatory thread while knowing talks were underway proves this. :colbert:

Edited by Krull

Nice dash for PR, TPF, tough I do wonder where you were when precedents to this were being set, by your own allies no less. Slightly hypocritical and maybe a tad opportunistic?

Oh, and Xiphosis is evil and a griefer because he doesn't accept another alliance's release of a member of their PZI list to automatically mean that GOD has to release them too. And obviously Xiph is a stubborn man that can not be dealt with reasonably, agreeing to terms after KM made an inflammatory thread while knowing talks were underway proves this. :colbert:

Actually, more because he is so opportunistic, and can't let go.

I was going to address your baseless comments but then i saw one of the guys I actually dealt with in getting this agreement done and money paid has done it quite nicely. See below, and then try again.

Actually you are way off. Gramlins asked very nicely what it would take to get wenwilthisend off of the PZI he was sentanced to. RoK simply asked that reps be paid for the damage that was done and it was quickly agreed upon. The request was made by gramlins after wen posted on the Gre forums informing the alliance what he had done and his intent to leave planet bob. RoK requested nothing and Gramlins considered it a favor to them at the time. If RoK said no deal it would have ended there.

I am pretty knowledgeable about it since I am the one who contacted Hoo and got the ball rolling.

Edited by Gen Lee

1) we vouched for our allies.. a hardly a precedent, hardly surprising.

2) I have a long history against pzi. Many of whom have posted in this thread.

As far as I know KM has only been on GOD's PZI list since TPF rolled NoV. Mind explaining your statement?

I heart you. That is all.

2) I have a long history against pzi. Many of whom have posted in this thread.

How did TPF find the evidence to roll NoV? Did it have to do with a certain reroll?

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

As far as I know KM has only been on GOD's PZI list since TPF rolled NoV. Mind explaining your statement?

So wait, TPF rolled NoV. And you put KM on your ZI list? :unsure: That would seem awful opportunistic. TPF got their hands dirty, and GOD put KM on their zi list.

So wait, TPF rolled NoV. And you put KM on your ZI list? :unsure: That would seem awful opportunistic. TPF got their hands dirty, and GOD put KM on their zi list.

did you read KM's thread at all?

Xiphosis played a part in getting TPF the CB to attack NoV, then offered up any military help they might need, but TPF declined it