Imperial Statement from the Empire of the Netherlands

Mergerberger II

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gebiv a bulwark against chaos? These are not the words Slavorussians would use to describe Gebiv. Gebiv was one of the evil nations to merge to become the evil empire known as New Roma, which subsequently allied with the even more evil Greater Nordland. Gebiv was infact aggressive, chaotic and most of all evil and many are glad to see its decline.

Gebiv a bulwark against chaos? These are not the words Slavorussians would use to describe Gebiv. Gebiv was one of the evil nations to merge to become the evil empire known as New Roma, which subsequently allied with the even more evil Greater Nordland. Gebiv was infact aggressive, chaotic and most of all evil and many are glad to see its decline.

We agree with the great wisdom shown by our Slavo-russian friends. It is only through the establishment of a just order that peace prevails. So long as the pro-Martenist forces of Gebiv exist in Europe, peace is impossible.

Edited by Triyun

We agree with the great wisdom shown by our Slavo-russian friends. It is only through the establishment of a just order that peace prevails. So long as the pro-Martenist forces of Gebiv exist in Europe, peace is impossible.

Peace is only impossible because of imperialist powers coming onto the European continent and imperialist powers forming out of what were once peaceful republics. I am not saying that Martenism wasn't flawed, but to not give these nations a chance is not peace. It is the rise of a new regime. Let them in peace and maybe for once we can end the prejudice in Europe and live in peace as humans. Not always as nation-states.

Peace is only impossible because of imperialist powers coming onto the European continent and imperialist powers forming out of what were once peaceful republics. I am not saying that Martenism wasn't flawed, but to not give these nations a chance is not peace. It is the rise of a new regime. Let them in peace and maybe for once we can end the prejudice in Europe and live in peace as humans. Not always as nation-states.

Peace is a lie. It is only the fear of a Leviathan that keeps the state of nature from arising in societies.

Edited by Triyun

Peace is a lie. It is only the fear of a Leviathan that keeps the state of nature from arising in societies.

"So its fear." Sarah chuckled lightly to herself. "These empires, foreign and European both rule their people in fear, rule their states in fear, and fear the states of the world to bow before them as subjects. Indeed a Leviathan, a commonwealth of people can rule and can keep the state of nature from arising in a society, but what of a communal pact of peace where the people can be given peace because they want to live in a world that will be bliss for them. The creation of a Leviathan only propagates fear, fear creates war, and war, murder. We can end this cycle, by letting nations exist in peace and give power to the individual instead of the state."

"So its fear." Sarah chuckled lightly to herself. "These empires, foreign and European both rule their people in fear, rule their states in fear, and fear the states of the world to bow before them as subjects. Indeed a Leviathan, a commonwealth of people can rule and can keep the state of nature from arising in a society, but what of a communal pact of peace where the people can be given peace because they want to live in a world that will be bliss for them. The creation of a Leviathan only propagates fear, fear creates war, and war, murder. We can end this cycle, by letting nations exist in peace and give power to the individual instead of the state."

Individuals are by definition insecure. When they exist in a state of absolute freedom it breeds chaos. Absolute freedom also means the absolute tyranny of fear. The individual alone is weak and vulnerable, with nothing to constrain others from preying on others, individuals must resort to possessing violent means to defend themselves. It is only through the strong hand of a popular sovereign acting as the vanguard of the people that peace can be achieved. This is the core truth.

It is foolish to assume that people can live in place without the state. The state IS peace.

We do not subscribe to a Machiavellian point of view. We always have leaned more towards the thinkers of the enlightenment, such as Rousseau and other Enlightement thinkers. The simple Homerian notion of "A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king." does not mean that we must rule by fear, it simply means that there is one man in charge, and he is loved by his people. Military strength, as well, does not constitute a nation's status of ruling by fear.

Edited by Mergerberger II

Individuals are by definition insecure. When they exist in a state of absolute freedom it breeds chaos. Absolute freedom also means the absolute tyranny of fear. The individual alone is weak and vulnerable, with nothing to constrain others from preying on others, individuals must resort to possessing violent means to defend themselves. It is only through the strong hand of a popular sovereign acting as the vanguard of the people that peace can be achieved. This is the core truth.

It is foolish to assume that people can live in place without the state. The state IS peace.

You forget that the state is only created by individuals, agreed that a popular sovereign can achieve peace in his or her own state and then likewise can influence the sovereigns and the peoples around his realm to do the same, therefore only increasing the stability of the state. However, few men are driven to modern war because of transgression. Modern men are driven to modern war because the state desires war in a pretense for peace. Men do not wish to fight on either side and if given the chance, and not to be labeled a traitor by their state and inflect some kind of punishment on themselves then surely they would drop their rifles and return to their families.

States attack other states, in an effort to build peace in the region, but for the defeated such a hatred for their either occupier or aggressor will only lead to further war and bloodshed. We live in an age where we have the technology to communicate and deliberate. War should be a thing of the past, imperialism should be a thing of the past and yet it is all to noticeable in Europe presently.

ooc: War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength. :unsure:

OOC: I am god, to be or not to be, I've fallen and I cant get up.

I'd like this philosophy crap to stop. The crap about a one ruler is stupid because THE RULER IS AN INDIVIDUAL TOO. And peace is boring... So let this waste of breathe because both are wrong to one another, and let the bombs drop, or let the surrender talks begin.

I'd like this philosophy crap to stop. The crap about a one ruler is stupid because THE RULER IS AN INDIVIDUAL TOO. And peace is boring... So let this waste of breathe because both are wrong to one another, and let the bombs drop, or let the surrender talks begin.

OOC: I agree with that, we're waiting for a response.

"World peace is possible," Lars stated. "True and complete freedom is evident," he added. "These two things can go hand in hand. However, none can exist without the presence of an empire that conquers the world. However, world peace still would not be possible, as people would forget the state exists, as there would be no diplomacy. When Europe was ruled by one religion, the religion of Catholicism, still, there were factions, called the nations within Europe. There was still war and bloodshed."

"However freedom is a different thing. Complete freedom does not necessarily breed chaos. To say that people are weak and insecure is a step against personal freedoms. People need to be given their own freedoms and responsibilities to strengthen themselves. Once they become strong enough to rule themselves, they will be strong enough to choose."

Lars looked down for a moment, thinking, and then continued, "All that aside, the balkanization of the Gebivian state is sad to say the least. Thankfully, the state still exists, with a few more additions. Norsvea trusts that the rulers of these nations will be responsible in their rulings."

ooc: I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but ill defend to your death your right to say it.