Issues With GOD

Kaiser Martens

And there is the concept of punishment for a transgression, which is what I'm seeing here.

I mean, and I'll freely admit I wasn't even on Planet Bob for UjW is the following:

KM: Hi, I'm ZI'ing you cause such and such asked me too.

Xi: Hold up, such and such has been stalking me IRL for months now (which is borderline illegal.)

KM: Don't care, bye

FF a few

KM: GOD is ZI-ing me

I mean, really? Is this a surprise? GOD isn't even attempting to remove him from Planet Bob nor to change anything about the character. Simply, because of those past transgressions to do so with a new nation.

I see no reason to not let the same nation stay in existance, other than somebody wants to cause trouble. Losing infrastructure in a war nearly 17 months ago is not a reason to take this course of action. The reasons behind it are irrelevant because it was a war between two alliances.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ATTENTION*

IF YOU ARE IN OR EVER WERE IN THE PHOENIX FEDERATION, YOUR DISAPPROVAL OF P-ZI IS PERHAPS THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL STANCE ON PLANET BOB. Thanks for the laughs.

you may now resume your scheduled drama.

Yes because we have so many nations on perma zi and have never worked out deals with anyone who was willing to talk. In fact our policies are so much more lenient in this matter that we take flack for it from friend and foe alike. So you are either very confused or just making !@#$ up.

TPF does have a vested interest in KM staying right where we can see him. Having that guy re roll and join the rest of his re rolling ex-buddies is the last thing we need. Then again this might just give them a new target and that could workout just as well for us.

Which has nothing to do with this thread...

See the post right above me, ochocinco just talked about it. And on to that particular photo, if you actually looked at it, Martens himself is not doing the Nazi salute, but the Roman one. The crowd is another story though. Besides that, making a joke once OOC, never mind when you do not wish for it to end up on CN, automatically makes you a horrible person? Seriously, come on!

Those who went rogue and nuked us were not kicked out. A great deal of them later left and formed SoM, however, their continued presence in NoV was something that was a source of much frustration and pointed out a good deal in our private IRC channel in the month after the war.

And KM was not ZI'd continuously from UJW on. I do know how much you love to twist things, MyWorld, but that's a fact. TPF didn't get to him until much, much later.

This is correct.

Ok so it wasn't from UJW on, but it sure was longer than what you had. And I don't twist things. As you should know when it came down to GOD's involvement in the UJW and what side you were on. But to debate that part here is not needed.

But the 2 of you have both been down the ZI path get over it and move on. If KM was such an issue with GOD then why hadn't GOD been going after KM from the minute he left NoV? To bring out an old issue like this months down the road seems pretty petty in itself.

See the post right above me, ochocinco just talked about it. And on to that particular photo, if you actually looked at it, Martens himself is not doing the Nazi salute, but the Roman one. The crowd is another story though. Besides that, making a joke once OOC, never mind when you do not wish for it to end up on CN, automatically makes you a horrible person? Seriously, come on!

Very much this.

OOC: People have such a phobia of anything even slightly nazi. Is Tom Cruise a nazi now?

That you did. No issue there Xiphosis. However, I don't call making a guy re-roll with a nation over 1100 days old, minimal. Ending his IC character is not minimal.

The issue here is that whatever the cause of the in-game action that has you so upset, wiping the guy off PB forever isn't really a fair trade. He didn't spy, he didn't steal, he didn't attack your forums or sanction you. He nuked you during a war.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Martens...of this everyone knows...and I wanted him ZIed...but not P-ZI.

What a joke.

You're a liar and nothing more.

The tensions here are amazing. Continuum opposing Superfriends and trying to gain the moral high ground already.

Sorry Slayer, you lost that when you stalked countless players out of the game. Don't come in this thread and act like a savior of the damned, when you've sent more to hell than just about everyone.

*ATTENTION*

IF YOU ARE IN OR EVER WERE IN THE PHOENIX FEDERATION, YOUR DISAPPROVAL OF P-ZI IS PERHAPS THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL STANCE ON PLANET BOB. Thanks for the laughs.

you may now resume your scheduled drama.

Oh? How many people are on our ZI-list? Not many...and it's always been our policy if someone wants off the list, they just need to get on IRC for a chat. Steodonn was the latest to get off the list before KM.

Oh? How many people are on our ZI-list? Not many...and it's always been our policy if someone wants off the list, they just need to get on IRC for a chat. Steodonn was the latest to get off the list before KM.

I think this is pretty accurate - who remembers when noWedge wanted to PZI all of BAPS? Who remembers who stopped it (it was the guy I just quoted).

There are some alliances that are guilty of overusing PZI, I don't think TPF is one of them.

Those who went rogue and nuked us were not kicked out.

GOD's first strike nuker in another front of that war wasn't kicked out either, Xiphosis. Are you really sure you want to go on a double-standards path right now?

Now, furthermore, the fact that TPF is sticking with its ally in Zenith and Kaiser Martens should be clue. TPF has been one of the most outspoken alliances in regards to removing any trace of NoR and NoV from CN, and yet even they don't feel compelled to condemn Martens right now. This should be a clear sign you're getting a bit overly vindictive right now, even by your standards.

Once again, it seems there is no point in arguing with the Nazi apologists.

Sorry for being "too cool for jokes." I guess my human sensibilities are too conservative for these boards.

I find the term "Nazi apologists" offensive.

Where are your "human sensibilities"? That just isn't funny, you know. That could really stain my name.

Sorry for being "too cool for jokes." I guess my human sensibilities are too conservative for these boards.

OOC: Yes, because this Indian, Middle-Class, American, Liberal (with slight anarchist tendencies) is a Nazi apologist. Go cool off somewhere. You're not even trying.

I think this is pretty accurate - who remembers when noWedge wanted to PZI all of BAPS? Who remembers who stopped it (it was the guy I just quoted).

There are some alliances that are guilty of overusing PZI, I don't think TPF is one of them.

Quoted for truth

TPF is very a very lenient alliance, I have dealt with them since I started this game. They are a class act.

o/

What a joke.

You're a liar and nothing more.

The tensions here are amazing. Continuum opposing Superfriends and trying to gain the moral high ground already.

Sorry Slayer, you lost that when you stalked countless players out of the game. Don't come in this thread and act like a savior of the damned, when you've sent more to hell than just about everyone.

You're funny Starfox. I haven't "stalked" anyone. I tied 2 pseudonyms together to prove that NoV as an alliance was bad news. As for the individuals that were in NoV, they've gone their own way including some of the ex-NoV that I particularly disliked. I haven't pursued them, nor will I.

I find it rather amusing that you started the first incarnation of Vox Populi with KM last year and you're coming in here to trash me rather than defend him.

Hell, I can't stand you and I don't think I'd want YOU p-ZI...you're entertaining if only for your lack of logic.

He had Xiphosis ZI'd, not nuked, and he refused to punish the nations that apparently went against his orders and nuked a surrendering alliance, namely GOD, which he didn't address at all. Most alliance with nuclear rogues tend to at least attempt to make it look like they don't endorse the action by ejecting the nations in question.

The nations that went nuclear rogue were the top echelons of NoV's military staff. Kind of hard to simply eject them.

I'm a Nazi apologist? Really? Really? Well then, why don't I tell you a bit about myself. I'm a Jew, and all sides of my family were affected by the Holocaust. My mother's side of the family was completely wiped out during that terror, much of my father's mother's family was also wiped out, and my mother's father worked with the OSS after the war as a Nazi hunter and her mother testified at the Nuremberg trials. I myself will be visiting Auschwitz, Birkenau (sp?), and many other fun locations in Poland this April. I dare you to call me a Nazi apologist again, I dare you.

OOC: Yes, because this Indian, Middle-Class, American, Liberal (with slight anarchist tendencies) is a Nazi apologist. Go cool off somewhere. You're not even trying.

OOC: And you think it's funny to photograph yourself with a group of people giving you a Nazi salute? It isn't! Some things are off limits, no matter what the context, no matter what the circumstance. Period. I'm not in favor of censorship, but sometimes when one exercises one's right to free speech one must then pay the price for what one expresses.

I had a part in starting the reformed ICP. Martens helped kill my alliance. Yeah I'm a Nazi apologist for thinking this is unreasonable.

OOC: And you think it's funny to photograph yourself with a group of people giving you a Nazi salute? It isn't! Some things are off limits, no matter what the context, no matter what the circumstance. Period. I'm not in favor of censorship, but sometimes when one exercises one's right to free speech one must then pay the price for what one expresses.

Rubbish.

OOC: Did you happen to look at the colour of the people in that photo? It's actually quite funny. And Martens balances very well.

Unavoidably OOC: If you want to talk about the OOC issues please do it in an OOC forum. Moderation did a great job reordering the forums recently to make it clear which is which. Instead of respecting that poster after poster here pollutes the IC discussion to the point where over 90% of the thread is obviously OOC. You're drowning the topic in noise. FFS please start showing a little respect for the game and knock this crap off.

/me listens in for a bit, and again wanders off again muttering something about 'nutters.'

OOC: I do think it is funny because it was a joke, and had no harm or intentions to it. I once again say: Is Tom Cruise a nazi because he did the salute in Valkyrie?

Actors play racist roles, and even do so for comedic effect all the time.

Finally this expression harmed nobody, and thus, physical retaliation is a bit too far. Yell at him all you want, because then you'd be using your freedom of speech, but actually punching him when he has committed no crime is idiotic.

Also, calling people Nazi sympathizers without knowing a single god damned thing about them is a statement that would also be a statement where one pays the price of their expression. Do well to avoid looking into the abyss for too long, lest the abyss look right back at you.

Edited by MegaAros