Issues With GOD

Kaiser Martens

Dude, it was still wartime...albeit a very ugly war.

That being said what would be fair would be finishing off KM's ZI and then letting him off. P-ZIing him for that comes off as especially bitter...and to be honest, I thought more of you guys than to let things get that personal.

*shrugs*

Honestly, I kind of like Martens despite the occasions that he has been a dick to me. (Hell, Tulak acted the same way and he's now one of my favorite people). And I don't personally PZI anyone. I generally get bored with punishing people before they hit ZI in the first place. That said, I am not GOD, and while I wouldn't take the same actions GOD is in this situation, I won't sit here and let Martens try to spin things to look like a victim unanswered.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're asking for a reroll, that's all. Sure, KM has some wonders, but it's not like his nation is particularly large by any measure.

What does it matter that he's protected by Zenith and cleared by TPF? Are they they end all, be all judge or right and wrong in CN now? If he were still on the ZI list of an alliance more "major" than GOD (say, for example... Valhalla, NPO, IRON, TPF, MCXA, etc.), there would be no question here. Everyone would stand aside and let him take his licks.

Actually, if the situation were reversed, I'd expect everyone coming in here flaming us for keeping someone on our P-ZI list.

Actually, if the situation were reversed, I'd expect everyone coming in here flaming us for keeping someone on our P-ZI list.

Only a select crowd (primarily populated by Vox members, I'd suspect), but point taken. Still, the real powers in CN would have your back, no matter what the trolls said.

Proof is in the pudding: no one seems to have minded that Q held KM to ZI for quite a while now. Do you suspect someone might have started caring tomorrow, or the day after? Unlikely.

Edited by ochocinco

Damn when I saw the title I was thinking of the long list of people I know have recent issues with GOD and thought his was one them. Then I saw KM again. Guess the others will have to wait.

I don't care for KM, don't want anything to do with guy. He has taken a beating for what he has done in the past and I expect we would be happy to give him another one when he steps out of line again. As for this someone nuked Xiph because of a stalker? I am not sure what that is all about or what kind of OOC ties you have. However I don't see why you would want him to reroll and yet still know who he is. The logic in that escapes me and no one can seem to explain what kind of sense that makes. You don't even want him to change his name. So what exactly is the deal with that?

Why are you so attached to the name "Kaiser Martens" anyhow? Wouldn't you prefer a fresh start in which everyone didn't associate your character with hate, fascism, and bigotry?

No, because only a few tools associate me with this, in fact many people who dislike me dislike me because of the things I did as a leader, not due to ideological business.

Plus, I've got a manhattan project, and face it, if I got a reroll there's no way I'd be able to hang around, post, RP or ANYTHING without people catching on to the fact that it is me. I'm a very obvious person.

As for this someone nuked Xiph because of a stalker? I am not sure what that is all about or what kind of OOC ties you have.

No, someone that stalks Xiph joined NoV when the war started to fight against Xiph and on his request, Martens ZI'd me. People have been EZI'd for stuff like that for far, far less.

However I don't see why you would want him to reroll and yet still know who he is. The logic in that escapes me and no one can seem to explain what kind of sense that makes. You don't even want him to change his name. So what exactly is the deal with that?

It's symbolic. It simply shows he's willing to move past his mistakes.

Damn when I saw the title I was thinking of the long list of people I know have recent issues with GOD and thought his was one them. Then I saw KM again. Guess the others will have to wait.

I don't care for KM, don't want anything to do with guy. He has taken a beating for what he has done in the past and I expect we would be happy to give him another one when he steps out of line again. As for this someone nuked Xiph because of a stalker? I am not sure what that is all about or what kind of OOC ties you have. However I don't see why you would want him to reroll and yet still know who he is. The logic in that escapes me and no one can seem to explain what kind of sense that makes. You don't even want him to change his name. So what exactly is the deal with that?

If it's not something that matters, it's not a big deal to do it, is it? If you want to argue against it, it's either too much of a punishment or pointless. It can't be both.

I was never aware of any OOC stuff, you all know that my policies were always to steer away and ignore OOC business. (Hence why NoV was not moderated properly, hence why it got killed...heh)

Well that's your word against, well so far several people.

However I don't see why you would want him to reroll and yet still know who he is. The logic in that escapes me and no one can seem to explain what kind of sense that makes. You don't even want him to change his name. So what exactly is the deal with that?

I actually believe in IC characters and since GOD only has "Kaiser Martens" on our list, we would respect that and not pursue him under any other characters or nations. It's a novel concept, I know.

No, someone that stalks Xiph joined NoV when the war started to fight against Xiph and on his request, Martens ZI'd me. People have been EZI'd for stuff like that for far, far less.

So the issue is indeed you think a stalker joined NoV and got KM to get someone to Zi you? Well now we have the issue. Does anyone know if this happened?

I actually believe in IC characters and since GOD only has "Kaiser Martens" on our list, we would respect that and not pursue him under any other characters or nations. It's a novel concept, I know.

Your logic is not consistent. You say that I ZI'd you because of something OOC, so you want to use this to kill me IC. But if you use an OOC thing, your action is OOC as well. Then again, I didn't use anything OOC against you either, so if this is just IC vs. IC, why is it even being pushed after I actually was rolled into the dust?

I was never aware of any OOC stuff, you all know that my policies were always to steer away and ignore OOC business. (Hence why NoV was not moderated properly, hence why it got killed...heh)

You had someone ZI'd for OOC reasons. You may not have realized you were doing it, but it still happened. At best, you simply made a mistake for not checking into the reasons to have someone ZI'd, probably from having just fought a war against the person in question. Having been on the receiving end of the emotional difference between you during peace time and you during war time, I'd say that's a fair assessment.

For this mistake, GOD is requesting you reroll as a new IC character. You don't have to hide your identity. Your identity can even be closesly linked to Kaiser Martens, so you wouldn't necessarily require a huge break in an RP sense.

Regardless of the reasons behind it, you made a rather large mistake. Losing your Manhattan Project and your # days old is the cost of that mistake just as the destruction of NoV was the punishment for the improper policing of OOC material. The punishment is not an end to your playing of the game, or necessitated end to any existing relationships. It is a symbolic acknowledgement that you screwed up and have atoned for it. No more, no less.

Another lie. I informed you on MSN before I began selling off my infra that afternoon exactly why my ZI had been requested, that the guy was stalking me, and everything. You said you would take his word for it, not mine, and that I still had to do it.

Forgive me if I'm severely lacking in any kind of sympathy, KM.

So the issue is indeed you think a stalker joined NoV and got KM to get someone to Zi you? Well now we have the issue. Does anyone know if this happened?

The entire body of GOD, multiple founding members, KM himself and a few others are all familiar with what happened and that I was being stalked by the guy who had Martens order my ZI. It was no secret, regardless of the spin he puts on it here.

By the way, thread didn't help your case. Nice try though, LoFN did a better job of it.