Issues With GOD

Kaiser Martens

Bob, I don't think any pressure was applied to xip or god in general, overtly or covertly, unless you consider statements along the lines of "DK and Zenith are our (TPFs) allies and we respect AND back their decisions on this matter [to be pressure].

I do and it's silly to suggest that that is not. What that translates as is 'If you try to enforce your ZI list we will attack you'. That is clearly pressuring GOD to not keeping him on their ZI list. And yes, I would back up my ally (assuming that the decision was discussed first, as I am sure Zenith's decision to protect KM was, and decided between us to be a good one) at that point. The decision to pressure GOD and anyone else (LSF? ICP members? Nordreich members?) with a grievance against KM was taken when you decided not only to release him from your ZI list but to protect him from anyone else's, and when GOD turned up that pressure was duly applied.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chickenzilla:

I'd gladly try to get you off of perma-ZI...if only so you could set up another alliance and I could plot again to destroy it. You were fun back in the day....

DO ITTT

Atlantis 2.0 FTW

also so KM is free now. I'll drink to that

Edited by steodonn

I do and it's silly to suggest that that is not. What that translates as is 'If you try to enforce your ZI list we will attack you'. That is clearly pressuring GOD to not keeping him on their ZI list.

I dont think that's really the most accurate paraphrase, Bob.

I'd say it was "if you attack our ally we'll defend them." Which should be noncontroversial and expected.

Some might think that the claim that an entry on a "genocide list" no one outside GOD even seems to have known about is a legitimate cause for war against the alliance that protects that nation. It sounds dubious at best to me, but those who believe that are perfectly free to go to war because of it.

But even if you believe such a thing yourself, you surely cannot simultaneously claim it would be illegitimate for allies of the targetted alliance to stand ready to defend it?

I do and it's silly to suggest that that is not. What that translates as is 'If you try to enforce your ZI list we will attack you'. That is clearly pressuring GOD to not keeping him on their ZI list. And yes, I would back up my ally (assuming that the decision was discussed first, as I am sure Zenith's decision to protect KM was, and decided between us to be a good one) at that point. The decision to pressure GOD and anyone else (LSF? ICP members? Nordreich members?) with a grievance against KM was taken when you decided not only to release him from your ZI list but to protect him from anyone else's, and when GOD turned up that pressure was duly applied.

That's my whole point, TPF never said we were protecting KM, just that he was off our list and we would stand by our allies.

We did, and DK along with woody worked it out.

No where did I see the threat of attack, implied or otherwise.

Perhaps some may see that as semantics, I see it as honesty.

Well if your ally is protecting someone on a ZI list, it is the same thing, no?

I made no claims of legitimacy or otherwise ;)

I think we're quibbling over semantics to a situation that has been resolved.

At the time, KM was only an applicant to Zenith. He wasn't being protected from GOD, just from anyone else that felt opportunistic.

Well if your ally is protecting someone on a ZI list, it is the same thing, no?

I made no claims of legitimacy or otherwise ;)

No, I dont think it's the same thing.

Attacking, even when completely justified, is still not the same thing as defending.

Stating clearly 'I will defend X' is therefore not the same thing as threatening someone with attack.

It's a warning, not a threat.

Didn't you know? TPF is the shining knight of truth and light! We must all follow their will on command if we have any hopes of being as cool as them. Even though TPF held KM on this list for so long with little to no scrutiny, we can all forget that and hail Slayer for being such a compassionate and understanding fellow.

That was completely immature and unnecessary.

Mhawk, wanna get myself, Doitzel, Moridin, Starfox, and all of my other Vox friends off of perma ZI?

You, chickenzilla, would have to go through me first if you're looking to get off PZI.

You know why.

I'm not sure who kept him down for that long, but somebody did. I'd like to assume it was GOD since I know for a fact they are very, very good at killing things. So, unless someone else can point me to whoever has been pulling the trigger I'd like to think the whole "they didn't do anything for 18 months" argument is kind of disproved now.

NPO did most of the job, with some help from TPF.

thread.jpg

However:

As you said Xiphosis, you orchestrated the destruction of KM's Nordland.

Others played far more important roles in the destruction of Nordland. Kuru summed it up in his first log dump, which I can't find right now but if I could I'd quote it. Slayer and I were the prime architects of that war.

That was completely immature and unnecessary.

THIS IS PLANET BOB

THATS HOW WE ROLL

WHAT NOW

NO PUNCTUATION THATS HOW WE LIKE IT

But seriously, WE ARE AWESOME

YEAH

Yeah, drama just isn't what it used to be.

Edited by Margrave

All in all it seems to have worked out well for everyone involved, KM is free, Zenith gets a new member, god gets paid, woodys a hero and Slayer gets to show everyone he is the 'sweetest most lovable guy in all the world'.

Life is good. :awesome:

Pretty much this, I am always up for good drama and far be it from me to tell anyone to stop talking about something but I think this particular drama well has run dry.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but has anyone considered that KM is only 4,900 NS while being 1100 days old. Obviously if he were not taken out multiple times over the course of that 18 months he would be well over 4,900 NS.

I'm not sure who kept him down for that long, but somebody did. I'd like to assume it was GOD since I know for a fact they are very, very good at killing things. So, unless someone else can point me to whoever has been pulling the trigger I'd like to think the whole "they didn't do anything for 18 months" argument is kind of disproved now.

We pulled the trigger that got him down that low, giving and taking nukes in the process. Special Thanks to Shadow/Gaeta for that special green glow that is just now fading..... With no help or comment from GOD about it.

Because most of you would likely pull stunts to wind yourselves back on various levels of ZI within a week.

I believe you have interpreted this incorrectly. You see when someone is E-ZI, they have nothing to lose. Chew on that for a while Boris.

From what I am reading, KM was given a punishment by GOD that was for the sake of a ego-stroking.

Good luck to both parties bringing this matter to a close.

i read the first 6 pages and really only saw GOD bawwwing over the fact that they now wish to ZI (unless that has been worked out already....) when they did not say anything nor aid in any way his ZI earlier. Frankly, i think some sort of statute of limitations needs to be made. Also, the reasoning is quite crappy and i agree with Das Girl in it being largely an ego-stroke to Xiph.

It is alright. No matter what Xiph does now, everybody knows that he is wrong and that he just did this to feel better about losing UJW.

The funniest part of the thread is perhaps how deleting my nation is considered by him to be "light terms"

No. In fact I think anyone that takes the time to look at the situation will see that this thread is nothing more than an attempt to antagonize GOD since talks were already in progress before it was made.

I see you for what you are and I think you would be best suited to stay quiet before you make your new alliance look foolish for saving you. Although considering DK's opinion of my allies maybe I shouldn't be giving you any advice.

No. In fact I think anyone that takes the time to look at the situation will see that this thread is nothing more than an attempt to antagonize GOD since talks were already in progress before it was made.

I see you for what you are and I think you would be best suited to stay quiet before you make your new alliance look foolish for saving you. Although considering DK's opinion of my allies maybe I shouldn't be giving you any advice.

pretty much this. Bashing GOD for 18 pages is not a smart move...by anyone.

Actually, GOD walked away from the table and then skipped a meeting with TPF and Zenith gov...so there wasn't any attempt to antagonize GOD.

Actually, GOD walked away from the table and then skipped a meeting with TPF and Zenith gov...so there wasn't any attempt to antagonize GOD.

There was an ongoing conversation between DK and Xiph, I was quite aware of it since I had been asking on the status quite frequently. They were at a stalemate and the TPF meeting just happened to be a bad time it wasn't "skipped out on" once everyone was able to get together with a mutual friend things were settled all nice nice, this thread did the situation no good.

Edited by KingSrqt