Celebration Announcement

DeSchaine

President DeSchaine stepped up to the mic and tapped it, testing it. A low thud came from the speakers. He smiled out at the crowd gathered before him. As usual, the press was in the front, cameras and micraphones thrust up at him, as if they wouldnt be able to hear. Either that or hoping he'd slip off the stage. Vultures. Oh well. He cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming on such a short notice. We would have given you more warning than this, but no one was sure until this morning that this event would happen." He paused and took a sip of his 'special' coffee.

"I am pleased to announce that all of Taeunas, and especially the city of Dublin, will be hosting a Mardi Gras party, the likes of which cant be seen outside of Rio!" His smile grew as the crowd roared. Waving his hands for them to settle (which was like holding the ocean back with a broom) he continued.

"No expense has been spared! Corporations as well as small businesses have singed on! Floats are being made! Beads are being made by the shipload! Invitations are being sent out to several heads of state to join us here!

"Now, this will not be a celebration of utter chaos. the Guarda will maintain heavy patrols, and I have authorized the army to mobilize its Military Police companies as support.

"Starting at six o'clock on the 24th, all government offices will be closed until the following Monday! I also happen to know that several of our nations companies will be offering that week as a paid holiday to their employees! Take it! Enjoy yourselves! Official festivities, starting with the parade, will commence at eight o'clock on the 24th at Merrion Square Park. The parade route will make its way via Nassau and Westmoreland streets to the south quay. From there, it will move west to Winetavern and south to R110. It will follow R110 to St. Stephen's Green and stop, where a new statue will be unveiled!

"Ladies and gentlemen, that is all, and I thank you!" He stepped back and waved to the deafening crowd, ignoring the questions being hurled by the reporters. After a few minutes, and a final bow to the people, he climbed into his limo and left.

OOC: Invitations are forthcoming, as soon as I figure out the names of all the rulers. :P

Edited by DeSchaine

Queen Mirreille turned to her companion, the Minister of Security, Pierre Girardi, as their vehicle arrived in front of the hotel where she was scheduled to meet with President DeSchaine. "Nothing like being fashionably late, eh? When were we scheduled to get here again?"

"Four days ago."

"Oh my. I hope he hasn't been waiting all this time..."

Girardi pressd his fingertips together into an arch while he contemplated the ceiling,"...I'm sure he would have let us know if he was displeased somehow." :rolleyes:

"Don't roll your eyes at me, this is all your fault! You said you lost the invitation!"

"No, what I said was we had not received the written invitation, they confirmed the invitation itself last week. Of course you were busy with Meunier last week for some reason."

"Well, it can't be helped. Just turn on that charm you have in such large supply, I think it would be helpful." With that the two of them got out of the car and entered the lobby.