The Tech Raid Lottery Show

Jason8

I've been following this thread with some interest. Raiding is not for everyone and simple "tech raiding" is a bit anachronistic. Land as much as tech is a reason to raid these days. Some alliances absolutely forbid "tech raiding" but then permit nations that are part of their military to volunteer to hit targets (non-aligned nations) for "training". The result is generally the same, but it allows for a certain amount of self righteous chest thumping.

Note also that I do not, nor does Ragnarok or RAD, permit their nations to raid targets to death. Even amongst what some of you would refer to as pirates or thugs, there is a certain amount of honor and following of rules.

So what exactly is RAD doing wrong here? Announcing their intention to look for a raid target as opposed to the raids that go on and are coordinated every day on Planet Bob that aren't announced? Cry "party foul" if you must. No one is forcing you to read the OP or its justification.

With RAD as a protectorate under Papa Hal I'm taking this lightly because I know that this man knows how to run a respectable "raid" or "training exercise." As Browncoats' Prime Minister he took every pain to keep us in line in regards to the unaligned and I'm sure that as a leader of a sanctioned alliance he's that much more serious about it.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight your goal was bring heaps of scorn upon your alliance by pretty much everyone, embarrass RoK who no doubt would have warned you what a screw up this would be if you had let them know first, and make yourself one of those alliances everyone wants to kill. Well guess what? Mission accomplished.

Please for the love of Admin talk to Hal or ROK before you have anymore great ideas. They know what they are doing and would no doubt be happy to keep you from public humiliation again. I mean honestly who though this was a good idea? Lock this mother and let everyone forget about it and RAD, thats what I would suggest.

First off, the goal was to break the ice in the CyberNations community. That happened. No unaligneds were harmed in the making of this thread, no "injustice" rained upon the lands. We had some fun, tons of people laughed about it, others are crying about it. It has opened a debate about tech raiding, and people are voicing their opinions. Honestly, isn't this what these forums are about?

Second off, this thread won't be locked unless it goes off topic. Locking is for derailed topics, and this is nine pages of amazing on-track debate.

First off, the goal was to break the ice in the CyberNations community. That happened. No unaligneds were harmed in the making of this thread, no "injustice" rained upon the lands. We had some fun, tons of people laughed about it, others are crying about it. It has opened a debate about tech raiding, and people are voicing their opinions. Honestly, isn't this what these forums are about?

Second off, this thread won't be locked unless it goes off topic. Locking is for derailed topics, and this is nine pages of amazing on-track debate.

This forum is for real alliance announcements. Not fun and games at everyones expense.

Edited by Rayvon

Next item on the agenda:

Shark Week 2: Electric Boogaloo ... If you can't annoy the system, shark it!

At this point, if it would liven up the game, I'd be up for almost anything.

Let's start a new shark week. Or better yet, put all treaties on suspension and let's all have some fun for a two week period. A CN-wide battle royal for absolutely nothing. Think of how fun it would be! :lol:

At this point, if it would liven up the game, I'd be up for almost anything.

Let's start a new shark week. Or better yet, put all treaties on suspension and let's all have some fun for a two week period. A CN-wide battle royal for absolutely nothing. Think of how fun it would be! :lol:

Oh I'm sure it would be thrilling, but I don't see it happening.

OOC: also that's called CN:TE

This forum is for real alliance announcements. Not fun and games at everyones expense.

Everyone's expense? Who's forcing you to read it? You do know that there's a little red button at the top right of this window... there's a white X on it. If you click that, this will all disappear.

I know, it's amazing.

This post is strictly OOC

Edited by Jason8

Everyone's expense? Who's forcing you to read it? You do know that there's a little red button at the top right of this window... there's a white X on it. If you click that, this will all disappear.

I know, it's amazing.

If only it was that easy to make you disappear.

Highly doubt anyone will do that since the majority of people care too much about their infra being destroyed. Boo hoo.

One could only dream though...

If only it was that easy to make you disappear.

It is. Click that red button and I will disappear.

I helped kill \m/ once and I'd gladly do so again.

Interesting. Vox Populi comes from the shadows to flex it's muscles.

Not impressed, Doitzel.

On the other hand if Starfox would've done it, I think it would've been a badass move. But from you? Unimpressive.

Edited by Jason8

NPO never fought \m/.

Besides that what are Vox going to do to us. We're quaking in our boots :rolleyes:

While they may not have directly attacked \m/, they reduced \m/ allies to next to nil paving the roads for those at war with \m/ to push forward - thus "helped".

and it backfired if you were looking for praise and glory.....again it fails

This didnt backfire at all. You just couldnt come up with anything better to say because you know this isnt as bad as you are making it seem. You just dont like Mr. Bill because of things that happened in the past and now wanna take shots at RAD because of it. (Yes i know the story)

Stunt gone bad. If you can't handle the repercussions of your publicity stunt, think long and hard before your next.

Or close your eyes, and pray you don't feel it.

I think we handled it just fine. you guys are more worked up that the "raided" nation

So why exactly would RoK allow this?

Something that you go into knowing it will end poorly..this is a brilliant thing for a protector to let their protectorate do..

I still dont see how this ended poorly...

So let me get this straight your goal was bring heaps of scorn upon your alliance by pretty much everyone, embarrass RoK who no doubt would have warned you what a screw up this would be if you had let them know first, and make yourself one of those alliances everyone wants to kill. Well guess what? Mission accomplished.

Please for the love of Admin talk to Hal or ROK before you have anymore great ideas. They know what they are doing and would no doubt be happy to keep you from public humiliation again. I mean honestly who though this was a good idea? Lock this mother and let everyone forget about it and RAD, thats what I would suggest.

Hey guess what! THEY DIDNT CARE! Whats your next lame point? We would love for you to forget about us so we wouldnt have to see you dirtying up our threads with your nonsense.

I helped kill \m/ once and I'd gladly do so again.

Too bad \m/ isnt back

Give me a good reason why they would listen to an unaligned nation in peace mode

But, I'm an unaligned nation in peace mode ... :( <-- sad face.

You sir, are a killjoy. You probably eat puppies.

Usually with a side of kitten for me ...

This thread probably wasn't the best idea, but it's also not the end of Bob as we know it so I don't get the outcry.

Carry on.

While they may not have directly attacked \m/, they reduced \m/ allies to next to nil paving the roads for those at war with \m/ to push forward - thus "helped".

That was NpO. History, learn it.

(OOC please get back on topic, this topic isn't about \m/.)

Edited by Irisheyes

NPO never fought \m/.

Besides that what are Vox going to do to us. We're quaking in our boots :rolleyes:

You'll recall I wasn't always in NPO, and that direct nation-to-nation fighting has never been my style anyway.

That was NpO. History, learn it.

That's funny given what you said to me. And given how new you are. I wonder, wonder, who you're a re-roll of?

Edited by Doitzel