OOC: What are the CNRP rules?

Vasili Markov

CNRP Rules:

Nation is based on your IG stats

Multipliers:

IG number OR x10 - Soldiers

IG number of Tanks

11:1 - Aircraft - 1 aircraft = 1 squadron (10-11 craft)

IG number OR x100 - population

IG number only - Navy

Land Claims: You can only claim land that is within your Sphere of Influence (as demonstrated by the "My Nation Map" function IG). There is no rule regarding the 5000 glitch. There is also a debate as to whether one should be able to own land outside the SoI, but not initially claim it.

No magic, no godmode, no metagame.

No lazers

No mechs

No Anime

No immortal soldiers

No impossible genetics

Standard Forums rules (see rules for Cybernations Forum)

- Tech sharing: is currently accepted at highly regulated to none

- rerolled (as in re-rolled your IG game)/quit? Don't matter: plz see above

- Budgets: totally up to you if you want to take the time to RP it.

- For the love of whatever goddess you believe in; RP stuff. You can't just say "Well I had built this stuff 2 years ago so I DID kill you haha!". No no my friend, it must have been rped

- Nothing is convenient, not even your Leader's life.

The rest is common sense

EDIT: My original post was made in lapse of memory. The more I remember, or the more that is posted, the More I'll edit

Edited by Lord Frost

No lazers

If you mean starwars- or enterprise-like lasers, then I agree (Lazer is btw the wrong term, because Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) with you.

However, the US military is already testing lasers and even though they use quite a bit of energy, these lasers are capable of shooting howitzer shells out of the sky.

It is likely that they'll see a greater use as defensive system from missles and artillery in the near future (~10-20 years)

If you mean starwars- or enterprise-like lasers, then I agree (Lazer is btw the wrong term, because Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) with you.

However, the US military is already testing lasers and even though they use quite a bit of energy, these lasers are capable of shooting howitzer shells out of the sky.

It is likely that they'll see a greater use as defensive system from missles and artillery in the near future (~10-20 years)

Not just as defensive but offensive as well.

Like the air-bourne laser cannon shown on Pop Sci (no time to get the link now). There is a working prototype already. 20' diameter laser for killing tanks.

However, people are glad to accept:

-Giant exoskeletons on soldiers that make them exponentially stronger, and mount guns on their arms

-Said soldiers can also deflect artillery shells and survive massive falls

:awesome:

please see the section on my post that clearly says "the rest is common sense".

Also, multipliers aren't rules, but guidelines. I don't follow multipliers, nobody has every had a problem with it because I am reasonable about it.

Mudd is reasonable about it, but many were not, which is why the multipliers are there. Quite a few use them uniformly for order and normality, others use common sense to guide their multipliers. Once they go beyond reason, though, someone usually steps in.

These are all the links you need.

However, people are glad to accept:

-Giant exoskeletons on soldiers that make them exponentially stronger, and mount guns on their arms

-Said soldiers can also deflect artillery shells and survive massive falls

:awesome:

Where? I wanna read whatever it is.

(Hope you're not talking about me, AFAIK I've been totally reasonable with only a small percentage EVER equipped with suits, as well as problems inherent to my nation's technological stage such as Power Storage. And I don't think I've ever done anything about artillery shells or falls...)

Where? I wanna read whatever it is.

(Hope you're not talking about me, AFAIK I've been totally reasonable with only a small percentage EVER equipped with suits, as well as problems inherent to my nation's technological stage such as Power Storage. And I don't think I've ever done anything about artillery shells or falls...)

It was a tad of hyperbole to show my feelings regarding power armor versus mechs. I really find it stupid that people have near skin tight power armor on any soldiers, ad it's acceptable to the majority of the community, and then when someone tries to build a mech, even with good research and development rp, and that someone has done it before in the past, people run around yelling "Impossible!"

I don't like power armor in it's entirety, too advanced, too hard, way easier to kill than anyone thinks; And then a mech, totally possible, people have built functioning ones in their back yards with very low tech equipment, and a tad harder to kill, people dismiss it without thought.

Sorry for the small rage vent there...

It's no problem, there's a few nuggets of knowledge in there that I should point out:

Power Armor is more used by me as a HAZMAT suit with added combat capabilities. It's a force amplification device for soldiers, but I don't push it to the max exactly because of the reasons you've stated. So, for example, my armor MIGHT be faster and stronger than a regular soldier, but it won't be able to stop anything more than a few pistol rounds. Or, alternatively, it'll be slow and about the pace of a jogging man, stops SOME rifle bullets, but needs a new Fuel Cell daily. EXTREMELY inefficient.

Of course they're easy to kill; just a little RP makes the world of difference with anything. Don't get mad at it, work to counter.

Hope that explains my stance and what I've done. :)

Also, multipliers aren't rules, but guidelines. I don't follow multipliers, nobody has every had a problem with it because I am reasonable about it.

I never use multipliers either. But then I am selective with whom I RP with now, so it almost never is an issue.