Gebiv and the Hanseatic Republic sign a treaty!

Gebiv

"In recognition of our friendship that will hopefully mature, the Hanseatic Republic and Gebiv have signed an Mutual Defense Pact."

Signed for Gebiv,

Mannelig, Head Delegate of Sardegna

Julius Rizzo, Head Delegate of Sicilia

Antonio Bernoulli, Head Delegate of Italia

Pierre D'Aubigne, Head Delegate of Nord

Azem Gjokaj, Head Delegate of Est

Antoinette Rousseau, Head Delegate of Cartagine

Alfredo Rizzo, Head Delegate of Baleares

Empress Gebiv I

Signed for the Hanseatic Republic,

Sarah Tintagyl, Prime Minister of the Hanseatic Republic

Edited by Gebiv

The Republic of Rebel Virginia finds this to be a rather vaguely worded treaty, similar to the one signed with Forvenge not too long ago. It appears that this is also a hastily written treaty, or otherwise it would be much more formal and better written. It appears that Gebiv is attempt to forge a treaty web of nations surrounding the Greater German Empire. Is this a prelude to a potential attack, claiming that it is defensive? Rebel Virginia demands to know the reasons behind this treaty.

OOC: There is a text. It simply isn't posted here. I see no blueprints for you tanks, or your factories. Are they poorly written?

IC: Well, when you sign purely defensive treaties with stable nations in Europe, it does tend to be in an attempt to hurt someone, doesn't it?

The treaty is for friendship with a nation we see no reason to not be good friends with.

The Republic of Rebel Virginia finds this to be a rather vaguely worded treaty, similar to the one signed with Forvenge not too long ago. It appears that this is also a hastily written treaty, or otherwise it would be much more formal and better written. It appears that Gebiv is attempt to forge a treaty web of nations surrounding the Greater German Empire. Is this a prelude to a potential attack, claiming that it is defensive? Rebel Virginia demands to know the reasons behind this treaty.

My country has been expanding treaties for a while now, a small nation such as ours need as many friends as possible in this ever changing world. I can assure the Republic of Rebel Virginia that the Hansa-Gebiv Alliance is as legitimate as any treaty signed by your nation and this will bring no ill will to the Greater German Empire. This is a long road we take to unite Europe from its divided blocs. I would hope your country will view this treaty with happiness as it will bring Europe closer together with more friendships sure to blossom in the future.

Forgive us for not fully trusting you, but seeing some of the recent diplomatic moves made by Gebiv in recent weeks, it is quite clear that you are trying to diplomatically isolate and surround Germany. Do you really think we are so blind as to not see this? Why don't you come out in the open now and say it? You're not fooling anyone.

My country has been expanding treaties for a while now, a small nation such as ours need as many friends as possible in this ever changing world. I can assure the Republic of Rebel Virginia that the Hansa-Gebiv Alliance is as legitimate as any treaty signed by your nation and this will bring no ill will to the Greater German Empire. This is a long road we take to unite Europe from its divided blocs. I would hope your country will view this treaty with happiness as it will bring Europe closer together with more friendships sure to blossom in the future.

So you admit that you are simply looking for friends to protect you? Then why should you go to Gebiv? It makes no sense. Germany is in a much better position to protect you than Gebiv, and in fact, with the way things are going now it is quite clear that Gebiv will simply use you to attack the Greater German Empire, resulting in the total annihilation of your nation. For your sake, we advise you to drop this ill sought treaty. You are clearly naive to the nature of the world and of politics. Perhaps it is too soon for your nation to thrust itself onto the world stage.

An isolationist, and neutral, policy, would be best for your nation. Should any rogue nation decide to attack you, it is sure to be to their folly. There are more than enough civilized states willing to come to the aid of a nation such as your own.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Forgive us for not fully trusting you, but seeing some of the recent diplomatic moves made by Gebiv in recent weeks, it is quite clear that you are trying to diplomatically isolate and surround Germany. Do you really think we are so blind as to not see this? Why don't you come out in the open now and say it? You're not fooling anyone.

Every man is entitled to believe whatever conspiracy he wants, I suppose. We've recently signed a treaty with Germany, and have interests in upgrading it in the future.

My good sir, the incident between Gebiv and the Greater German Empire was declared peaceful and no other moves were made. The people of Europe have suffered through many wars and then nuclear attacks, please trust me that no one wants to see more war and more bloodshed and these are defense treaties. As such if my ally would attack the Hansa would have no reason to fight a war, these are to prevent war, to protect our peoples from war. I pray that as an intelligent country as Rebel Virginia is you will understand that.

My good sir, the incident between Gebiv and the Greater German Empire was declared peaceful and no other moves were made. The people of Europe have suffered through many wars and then nuclear attacks, please trust me that no one wants to see more war and more bloodshed and these are defense treaties. As such if my ally would attack the Hansa would have no reason to fight a war, these are to prevent war, to protect our peoples from war. I pray that as an intelligent country as Rebel Virginia is you will understand that.

The incident between Gebiv and Germany may have been solved peacefully, but do you really think that past grievances are forgotten so easily? It is quite clear that relations between the two nations are not the warmest in the world, because if that were not true the war would have never begun in the first place.

Additionally, you seek to create peace by creating a web of treaty? It may create an uneasy peace for awhile, but a world war will result sooner or later due to the chaining treaties. History has shown this to be true on numerous occasions.

The incident between Gebiv and Germany may have been solved peacefully, but do you really think that past grievances are forgotten so easily? It is quite clear that relations between the two nations are not the warmest in the world, because if that were not true the war would have never begun in the first place.

Additionally, you seek to create peace by creating a web of treaty? It may create an uneasy peace for awhile, but a world war will result sooner or later due to the chaining treaties. History has shown this to be true on numerous occasions.

You speak the truth on many matters, but maybe that is what we must try to change. We are the leaders of the world, sensible men and women how should think long and hard before we act on any incident. These treaties cause webs of alliances sprawled out across our great planet, but if we look at the webs as defensive walls keeping nations that desire war and chaos from attack each other then we are doing our jobs as leaders. In this modern age we should be trying to have as little conflict as possible so we can improve the quality of our people in our own states and in the world abroad. Think of all the homeless refugees still roaming the planet. If this treaty creates a friendship between my land and Gebiv then so be it. Gebiv approached us as friends and we responded as friends. Friends who hopefully will continue to preserve peace on the continent.

You speak the truth on many matters, but maybe that is what we must try to change. We are the leaders of the world, sensible men and women how should think long and hard before we act on any incident. These treaties cause webs of alliances sprawled out across our great planet, but if we look at the webs as defensive walls keeping nations that desire war and chaos from attack each other then we are doing our jobs as leaders. In this modern age we should be trying to have as little conflict as possible so we can improve the quality of our people in our own states and in the world abroad. Think of all the homeless refugees still roaming the planet. If this treaty creates a friendship between my land and Gebiv then so be it. Gebiv approached us as friends and we responded as friends. Friends who hopefully will continue to preserve peace on the continent.

Ironic. You seek to help Gebiv and their allies preserve peace, yet it is Gebiv and their allies who continue destabilize the world and work against the peace efforts of various nations. So be it. There is nothing we can do to help you if you do not wish to be helped.

Every man is entitled to believe whatever conspiracy he wants, I suppose. We've recently signed a treaty with Germany, and have interests in upgrading it in the future.

Please tell us which treaty you have recently signed with the Germans? It appears as if the State Department has had a slight oversight if this is true.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Please tell us which treaty you have recently signed with the Germans? It appears as if the State Department has had a slight oversight if this is true.

We signed a non-aggression pact when the war concluded. We joined together in hunting down the terrorists from your country. We are currently having positive relations. That's the declassified information your state department should know.

Looking over the copy of the recently published treaty, Queen Mirreile could only shake her head. "That poor woman, simply surrounded by Gebivans... Look General, they forgot to put your name on the treaty, were you sleeping on the job?" The Queen turned away with a laugh, as her cat looked at her with a quizzical expression.