Inaugural Address

Mergerberger II

Prins Willem Van Oranje, having just given his exiting address, stands in the background of the young, powerful man who stood now at the podium, over a microphone. He had glasses, and was wearing a black suit. The podium was cherrywood, and bore the seal of the House of Alsace. On the flagpole there hung at the top the flag of the Republic, and below it the flag of the House of Alsace, and below that the flag of the House of Orange. He stood, preparing to make his speech, overlooking three million people on the lawn of what was to become his home. The Royal Palace in Amsterdam would become his new house, and inside it he would live. He stood now on its roof, and he opened his mouth, drew a large breath, and began to speak.

"Dutchmen, Frenchmen, Free men, I come before you now as your newly elected Prins of the Republic. I come from the House of Alsace, from Francia, from the Republic. I stand before you today, not only as your leader, but as your comrade, your ally in this fight against the evils that still plague this nation, even after the glorious leadership of my predecessor, Prins Willem Van Oranje. You have come here, to Amsterdam, to what will be my home, as friends of the Republic and citizens of the world. You come together today because you have placed your faith in me, Stefan Colbért, and I come before you because I have placed my faith in you, the people of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands.

For the last ten years, the Republic has stood as an independent nation for the first time since the year eighteen hundred and sixteen. For many dark and dismal years, we were under the dark rule of the Nordic people. The Germans. Our oppressors. They conquered us, and destroyed our freedoms and our rights, putting us to work for the Kaiser. Never again shall we be the slaves of someone not devoted to the great cause of the Dutch people, we said, and so it was! Ten years ago, the man Willem Van Oranje led the glorious revolution against the collapsing Nordland. And never may it end!

For these last ten years, the Republic has made advancements for its people under the administration and brilliant leadership of Mr. Willem Van Oranje, who has chosen not to run for a third term as Prins. I, personally, thank him for all that he has done for the people, from the Great Infrastructure Project to Magnus Pabulum to the destruction of the terrorist states of Andonia and Tunsheim, keeping Europe free from genocide and harsh rule, and ensuring the survival of the Dutch People. Thank you, Willem, Prince of Orange.

But now we must look forward into the future. We must decide what will become of the Republic and its people. Will it fall into shambles? Will it crumble? Will the freedoms we have won be lost to the forces of darkness? Hell no. This future is one that is brighter than any we could have ever conceived. The people of the Republic shall never again be without those things that they need to survive. We shall begin nationwide programs, the socialization of things such as healthcare, and the expansion of Magnus Pabulum, and the continuation of the Great Infrastructure Project.

We move into a future of great prosperity and hope. To quote one of my favorite authors of all time, "To live without Hope is to Cease to live," and we shall live by that creed and our own. We shall stand fast! We shall hope and work towards a greater future for us and for all the world! We shall create a grand new Order. An order of enlightenment. The Republic shall be a haven for learning and for growth. The oppressed shall flock to our lands seeking refuge from the harsh places of the world, and we shall give them freedom. For we shall always be free, and there shall never be anything laid down upon the nation to restrict those freedoms guaranteed to you by your creator.

From the mountains of Alsace to the seas of Holland, from the towers of Parjis to the lowlands of Frisia, we shall, as one glorious people, shout out to the world, in one booming voice for all to hear, We Zal Handhaven!"

At the end of the sentence, his fist shot into the air, and he bowed his head. He reached for the heavens, as if to proclaim that this glorious nation would always be here. From the millions below erupted the most glorious cheer of 'We Shall Stand Fast' that there had ever been. All across the Republic, arms shot into the air, and people screamed 'We Zal Handhaven!' The glorious republic, it seemed, would always be here, and its people were filled with the most glorious feelings of Nationalism that had ever engulfed the Netherlands and Francia. Tears were shed, as the nation screamed in one roaring voice said to be heard from Rome, 'We Zal Handhaven!'

"I congratulate Stefan Colbért on his achievements and inauguration. We pray for his reign to be peaceful, safe, and beneficial to his people and those he loves." Stated the Chairman in his first public announcement since his "treatment". He looked incredibly robust in health now, easily filling his suit, standing strong, but there wasn't one part of his body uncovered.. save his eyes.. and they were quite disturbingly reptilian. The Imperial Press Corps wanted to ask questions, but once he made his announcement.. he waved to the crowd with gloved hands.. and left the podium, "Sorry. I have much catching up to do." There was a slight lisp to his words.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

For these last ten years, the Republic has made advancements for its people under the administration and brilliant leadership of Mr. Willem Van Oranje, who has chosen not to run for a third term as Prins. I, personally, thank him for all that he has done for the people, from the Great Infrastructure Project to Magnus Pabulum to the destruction of the terrorist states of Andonia and Tunsheim, keeping Europe free from genocide and harsh rule, and ensuring the survival of the Dutch People. Thank you, Willem, Prince of Orange.

The definition of Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

The Andonain were a national and religious group. I wonder if you consider firing missles at a fleet that held most of the Andonain and destroying that fleet deliberate.

Edited by freakwars

The definition of Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

The Andonain were a national and religious group. I wonder if you consider firing missles at a fleet that held most of the Andonain and destroying that fleet deliberate.

Perhaps if you had a clue about the history of this region, or paid any sort of attention to affairs that were happening right around you, you would have noted that Tunsheim was engaging in an ethnic purge of 'Zeons', a communist group in their nation. Please figure out what the hell someone is talking about before you speak.

Perhaps if you had a clue about the history of this region, or paid any sort of attention to affairs that were happening right around you, you would have noted that Tunsheim was engaging in an ethnic purge of 'Zeons', a communist group in their nation. Please figure out what the hell someone is talking about before you speak.

So now you are denying that you conducted a genocidal attack, and also grouping me with a group that committed genocide.

So now you are denying that you conducted a genocidal attack, and also grouping me with a group that committed genocide.

We did not commit any form of genocide, and would appreciate it if you ceased perpetrating your lies to the world. And Tunsheim did not commit genocide, however it was clear they were moving towards some form of ethnic cleansing. And, yes, we are grouping you with them, grow a pair and deal with it.

The purpose of your attack was to destroy the fleet, correct?

The purpose of the attack was to oust an inept leadership regime, which was done. Collateral damage was, unfortunately, unavoidable, and although the two thousand killed did, perhaps, die unnecessarily, and their death is regrettable, it was not genocide.

You killed all the citizens and left the leadership intact, your missles were aimed at all the fleet except for the Capital ship.

The Andonain are a nation group.You deliberately attempted to wipe them out.

You killed all the citizens and left the leadership intact, your missles were aimed at all the fleet except for the Capital ship.

The Andonain are a nation group.You deliberately attempted to wipe them out.

You keep repeating the definition of genocide, I wonder why you do. Mark Twain once said "A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation." We feel this to be very relevant to you. You are very preoccupied with the illusion that your people were somehow wiped out by us when we attacked. We, without much trouble, eliminated the resistance on the ships, and used missiles on the capital ship once it was clear that the leader was dead. Our intention had been to imprison him, however that was proven impossible once he shot himself (obviously).

As you like definitions, we will read one to you.

mo⋅ron   [mawr-on, mohr-]

–noun

1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

As we assume you will deny that you are stupid or lacking in good judgment, as you invariably are, we will assume your nation is run by a 10 year old who laughs at the word 'fart'.

You deliberately fired upon civilian ships and offered the only military ship a chance to surrender. You sank all the ships that were the homes of the Andonain and deliberately slew thousands of civilians. About ten off-duty soldiers died in the initial attack, and about 15,000 civilians were killed. I keep repeating the definition of genocide, because if you take that definition and apply it to your Operation Baltic Suppression, it shows that you committed genocide.

For these I, personally, thank him for all that he has done for the people, from the Great Infrastructure Project to Magnus Pabulum to the destruction of the terrorist states of Andonia and Tunsheim, keeping Europe free from genocide and harsh rule, and ensuring the survival of the Dutch People. Thank you, Willem, Prince of Orange.
Thanks for attacking civilians in a neutral port, showing a blatant disregard for Hansean sovereignty and a lack of any basic human decency. I’m sure any Hanseans caught in the crossfire are dying to show their appreciation. Thank you, Willem, Prince of Orange.

Thanks for attacking civilians in a neutral port, showing a blatant disregard for Hansean sovereignty and a lack of any basic human decency. I’m sure any Hanseans caught in the crossfire are dying to show their appreciation. Thank you, Willem, Prince of Orange.

OOC: <3...Generalissimo, you've been Hansa's defender for so long. I feel bad that Sarah didn't talk to your ambassador...if you have any RP idea's I'd be up for them. Done OOC.

IC: The problems between the Dutch and Andonians are over, I hope all the nations of the world can look behind this as my citizens have already done. Prins, I hope that your new administration will seek peace over war for your term and that you and I will grow in friendship as the friendship between the Dutch and the Hansa grows stronger and stronger by the day.