Chariman's Wife Dies! The Very Long Flight home..

Maelstrom Vortex

The entire trip home to the Empire was brutal on Maelstrom. The lack of laughter in the seat next to him, the cheerful smile, the playful jokes and warm hugs were gone. He kept replaying the videos of their time together, their wedding.. their honey moon. He was a lost man.. trying to pull a ghost from pictures. He looked out at the sun through the clouds.

"Watch over me Koudoa from heaven's gates. God willing I will see you when it is my turn to go. I only pray I have the endurance to make the right choices that lead me on that path without you being here.. my love."

At the airport, he got off the plane. It would still be a day or so til the Saborian scientists were done determining cause of death and collecting evidence to try to find her murderer, so what was left with her still lay in Saboria. He was driven home, all the time dressed in the same concealing clothing he wore when he was ill so no one would think him a monster until society could be gradually introduced into what had happened to him.. what he had become. As soon as he got back in touch with the government apparatus of his empire, he contacted the press.

A news release went out on the front page of every national paper and around the world.

Tragedy. Koudoawaia Vortex dies in medical procedure in Saboria due to heart failure. D.E. Chairman's treatment successful, life has been saved.

The exact nature of the medical procedures are not known at this time. It is only known that cutting edge genetic technology saved the life of the Chairman. Sabotage is suspected in the death of his wife from unknown origins. National Flags are to be lowered to half-staff for one month as the nation mourns this incredible loss.

A gallery of Koudoa's Artwork would be displayed in most of the papers.. along with a tribute to all she had done in her life.

Promised Land offers its deepest sympathies for the Chairman's loss.

***Private message***

To: Maelstrom Vortex

I also offer my personal condolances on your loss. No one can truly say they know what you're going through, but I can say with some honesty I have an inkling, having experienced my own personal loss recently. I wouldn't wish pain like this on my worst enemy.

Sincerely, Anthony Harlem

*** Private message ***

To: Anthony Harlem

I appreciate your sympathy, you pretty much nailed my feelings on the head. I'm going to be pretty lonely now for a while I think. I am not going to re-marry. That said, you're welcome to visit time to time if you like. I am going to have to keep my friends closer.

Sincerely,

Maelstrom Vortex

*** Private message ***

I appreciate your sympathy, you pretty much nailed my feelings on the head. I'm going to be pretty lonely now for a while I think. I am not going to re-marry. That said, you're welcome to visit time to time if you like. I am going to have to keep my friends closer.

Sincerely,

Maelstrom Vortex

***Private message***

I think I would like to visit you some time. With my duties, it's not often I can get time away just to spend some time with friends. I'm glad you count me as one.

Sincerely,

Anthony Harlem

***Private message***

I think I would like to visit you some time. With my duties, it's not often I can get time away just to spend some time with friends. I'm glad you count me as one.

Sincerely,

Anthony Harlem

### Private Response###

You gave my people a good home from which they flourished. Of course I do. Perhaps we can go deep sea fishing. Of late I've developed a peculiar taste for Sushi.

Best Wishes,

Maelstrom Vortex

An Imperial video-file flickered through the void of cyberspace. It streamed, bit by bit painstakingly into the inbox of the DE's head administrator, where it sat patiently waiting the day it would be opened. Perhaps it would never be, but at least the thought was there.

*//Playfile*

The Imperator sat at a desk located somewhere in the Imperium's massive capital city. The high-rises behind him blotted out nearly all sunlight, bathing the city in a perpetual night-time. He gazed intensely into the camera for a few seconds before talking.

"My friend, words cannot express the sorrow I feel at your loss. It would be wrong to try and put words to the...personal devastation I am sure you feel right now. So, I will keep this message short and to the point. Celebrate the life of the lost, do not mourn. Even if you hate me for saying this, moping around will not solve anything." The Imperator paused for thought.

"I learned that after...after Azzar." He shook himself visibly before continuing. "This broadcast also comes with tickets for an all-expenses paid vacation in Imperial City. If you do come by, please contact me. I'd be happy to spend some time with an ally."

He smiled into the camera. "End Transmission."

*//File-End*

// Video response to the Imperator

"I really do appreciate your offer. I'm fortunately not moping much. I only mourn her not being at my side. I'm.. kind of greedy that way. We all must go eventually. I am going to celebrate her life by living mine to the fullest in her absence. I'm not really supposed to travel far right now. My medical treatments continue even after my most recent treatment in Saboria.. they're making sure I stable for a bit before letting me be overly active, which is understandable. Perhaps eventually I'll take you up on that offer though after I'm somewhat recovered. Hey.. maybe you'd like to go fishing with me this coming weekend? I'm calling in a few friends. We'll probably go deep-sea fishing off the coast here." Again, he was mostly covered over his face still, but the reptilian gaze was very much recorded. "You also need to be aware, I'm very different. The world, I'm not entirely sure is ready for what I have become. My wife was a very important lesson in that.. she was actually murdered you see. The man who did it I've bee informed is dead by suicide so I'm at peace that justice was at least served. Anyhow, let me know if you'd like to come, I'll get your travel staff informed of the meeting times and places.."

//End file.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The Kansler has sent flowers and message to the Chairman, "Losing a loved one is never easy, please accept my condolences and the hope that she will be remembered for a long while."

##Note back##

"Thank you for the flowers. I'm having the seeds replanted into my garden. She will be remembered, even should the rest of the world shall forget.. I will not."

*//Begin response file*

"I would be greatly pleased to take you up on that offer. But..." The Imperator grinned sheepishly. "You don't mind if I bring armor, right? I always do...If that's too much of a problem I could find something else, but its' what I feel most comfortable in."

*//End response file*

*//Begin response file*

"I would be greatly pleased to take you up on that offer. But..." The Imperator grinned sheepishly. "You don't mind if I bring armor, right? I always do...If that's too much of a problem I could find something else, but its' what I feel most comfortable in."

*//End response file*

// Response file

"Not at all. Ceremonial armor actually is pretty damned cool. I'd like to see it."

//End response file.

To Chairman Vortex,

"Neo Franzharia, the Kingdom of the Northern Dragon sends our deepest sympasthies to the Dragon of the South. In honour of your wife's memory and in commemoration of our new friendship, do I humbly offer this small token, an Imperial Dracostone, carved from our purest silver veins, and a small statuette in our Eternal Den, a holy place where great heroes and people of note are granted final repose."

Sincerest Wishes,

King Elijah I, Neo Franzharia

### Private Response###

You gave my people a good home from which they flourished. Of course I do. Perhaps we can go deep sea fishing. Of late I've developed a peculiar taste for Sushi.

Best Wishes,

Maelstrom Vortex

***Private Message***

TO: Maelstrom Vortex

We merely did what any honorable nation should do--protect and help those less fortunate than ourselves. And now your nation is flourishing.

I would be glad to come and fish with you. Should I set aside any particular time to come and visit?

Your Friend,

Anthony Harlem

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

### Private Message ###

How about this weekend, 17:00 Military, Dragonisian Time. I'll have my office relay to you travel arrangements including landing and transport. You'll come out to my summer home on the north coast and we'll go out in the yacht.

***Private message***

Agreed. I will be there, not in my official role of leader, but simply as one friend visiting another.