February is BLACK History and Heritage Month!

zzzptm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time, there was this alliance named Gen[M]ay who joined the game to destroy an extra special alliance known as the GOONS. Yellow seemed like a mighty fine color, so they picked that right off the bat. But, it turned out there was this big Federation on yellow who didn't really like newcomers, and they said, get off or else, and Gen[M]ay, in their noobiness, said "bring it". That is when, in a total surprise to its members, GOONS approached Genmay and were liek "hay, we have lots of room on black, and its a better color anyways, also, want a senator?" and of course this new little alliance jumped at the opportunity.

And that is how I came to black, the end.

Once upon a time, there was this alliance named Gen[M]ay who joined the game to destroy an extra special alliance known as the GOONS. Yellow seemed like a mighty fine color, so they picked that right off the bat. But, it turned out there was this big Federation on yellow who didn't really like newcomers, and they said, get off or else, and Gen[M]ay, in their noobiness, said "bring it". That is when, in a total surprise to its members, GOONS approached Genmay and were liek "hay, we have lots of room on black, and its a better color anyways, also, want a senator?" and of course this new little alliance jumped at the opportunity.

And that is how I came to black, the end.

.......you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel-air!

o/ you guys were cool in UJW

bhm-380.jpg

Black History and Heritage Month

In this month, we celebrate the accomplishments and achievements of the Black Sphere. Formed as a trading sphere back in 2006, Black has become a highly successful economic zone with a vibrant trade circle program that can be found at http://z3.invisionfree.com/Black_Conclave/...p?showtopic=314. More than that, Black also boasts an exciting, sophisticated, and elegant culture, replete with great music, art, and drama.

Join with me and the rest of the Black Sphere as we take a look at Black History and Heritage Month, and explore with us the richness of our part of the world.

Today, we look at MrFixitOnline.

Back in the 12th Century, when most of your ancestors were barely-literate thugs extorting passers-by for their valuables, the great civilization of MrFixitOnline was beginning to flower on the Black Sphere.

sankore.jpg

The legendary University of MrFixitOnline

The highly literate scholars of MrFixitOnline developed powerful formulas and treatises that are used to this day as the foundation of much of our learning on Bob. For example, their infra jump calculator, at http://www.mrfixitonline.com/cyber_nations...pcalculator.php, is a standard reference for the whole world. And the learned men and women of MrFixitOnline were the first to have it.

Did you know that the scientists of MrFixitOnline were the first to calculate the jump needed to clear 1000 infra? And that they discovered the seven bonus combo? Did you also know that, at the time, MrFixitOnline's calculators were more accurate than even the ones used by the NPO? It's true!

sunnialiber.jpg

JoshuaR I, first ruler of MrFixitOnline

Thousands of students pass through the halls of learning that MrFixitOnline has built up for one and all to learn the fine arts of statecraft and administration. Without MrFixitOnline, many of us leaders of nations would literally not know what to do.

We salute the nations of MrFixitOnline, for all the genius and enlightenment they've brought to the world... from the Black Sphere.

With another great moment in Black History, I'm Zzzptm.

Hahaha, this is great stuff. Glad to see you back to black Zzzptm. And telling such an accurate history! ;)

Without you, no one would have uncovered the ancient ruins carved with ancient calculations and early figures of the almighty admin. Surprisingly, even their rough calculations were quite accurate for their time, though with age and wisdom, we now know just how grossly error-filled their many beliefs were. They also held many strange customs, chief among which was inscription for following monarchical rule and a mixed religion, yet in our digs we have unearthed many examples where they practiced voodoo, confucianism, judaism, and even christianity. Also strange was evidence of their early warlike nature, yet modern MFOers seem predisposed to peace and harmony.

(OOC: I am surprised this is in the OWF and not one of the IC forums. Probably because mrcalkin told an accurate account of his history instead of making stuff up like any good historian...)

*Magister Agricolarum eagerly awaits the BDC installment.

Just current alliances in this thread. But I'm always a PM away if you want to have me fulfill your request.

And, seriously, Black has got some great current alliances on it that show the promise and potential of the sphere. This is for them.

Just current alliances in this thread. But I'm always a PM away if you want to have me fulfill your request.

And, seriously, Black has got some great current alliances on it that show the promise and potential of the sphere. This is for them.

Seems to me that's more than a bit like a world history involving only currently-existing nations.

But, it's your thread, and what you do with it is completely your call.

bhm-380.jpg

My fondest memory of Zzzptm is not the scheming, but Zzptm's earliest forrays into foreign relations with GOONS.

After the UjW had died down for just about everyone but GOONS, ACDC began its accendency. I imagine Zzzptm, ACDC's MoFA, figured GOONS was done and ACDC was the future; however, it was only November or September and GOONS still figured things differently--the GOONland Security Act was still the way of the world in their minds. banned member and another GOONS were still Senators, with a third GOONS-approved TOP candidate. Well, elections came around, and ACDC elected their own Senator.

I don't know if ACDC's Senator got sanctioned or not (the GlSA called for that and war), but Zzzptm came to GOONS's forum and got a diplomat mask. Well, he should have got any mask besides one involving diplomacy. In a long post he explained that ACDC had elected a Senator, that he knew about the GOONland Security Act, that he knew about enforcement measures. Then, he proceeded to tell GOONS that they should realize, as he had, that GOONS was dying in a fire and that if they decided to declare war over the infraction ACDC would be glad to giggle about the idea, so go screw yourselves.

Of course, he proceeded to get the !@#$ trolled out of himself, his [gay] alliance, his damned Senator, and generally anything else that people could think of.

Capt Crappy (an ACDC tri) stayed true to his name and when he saw Zzzptm's post his rectal sphincter failed, filling his pants, and his jaw hit the floor. He couldn't apologize enough so he got the piss trolled out of himself too.

But, despite her reputation, banned member tried her best to hold back the harpy within. [meta: I just remembered that the player I just referenced's name has been filtered. It was a she, and she was the last GOONS Senator and Optimus Prime Minister] I guess she saw the future better than the rest of us. She liked Capt Crappy and got things straightened out with him, and Zzzptm tried to pull himself back a little.

In either case, war ( :v: ) was averted. GOONS held onto at least one seat until about April 08, maybe a little less, maybe more, despite toadie alliances like CIS.

Edited by Schattenmann