The Last Homely House

Margrave

*Set Three Months After Scatter The Gathered Lights*

Outside The Capital, Neo Franzharia

The lights of the city were beautiful beyond description to the eyes of the Wanderer. Here remained the last of the sacred bloodlines, the Rukia's; the son of Ranather himself held court here, and held the country under his enlightened rule. Wrapping himself deeper in his cloak, he trudged forward, a sword at his side and hope in his heart.

Later, in a hidden room at a local tavern

The Wanderer had propped himself up next to the fire and dozed for several hours, after dropping off a discreet message through friends and old supporters living here in the capital. He had changed, still prefering his cloak and hood in spite of himself, even with the hidden nature of his own room. As time passed, his guest finally arrived...Lord Elric, much-disguised and unseen. The Wanderer rose and greeted him with a smile. "It's good to see you, Silver. It's been too long. No last names, please...I am simply Shilon now, after all that has occured. I have come to see how you were, of course...and to inquire after the health of two ladies we seem to have lost along the way. Perhaps you could educate me?"

*Set Three Months After Scatter The Gathered Lights*

Outside The Capital, Neo Franzharia

The lights of the city were beautiful beyond description to the eyes of the Wanderer. Here remained the last of the sacred bloodlines, the Rukia's; the son of Ranather himself held court here, and held the country under his enlightened rule. Wrapping himself deeper in his cloak, he trudged forward, a sword at his side and hope in his heart.

Later, in a hidden room at a local tavern

The Wanderer had propped himself up next to the fire and dozed for several hours, after dropping off a discreet message through friends and old supporters living here in the capital. He had changed, still prefering his cloak and hood in spite of himself, even with the hidden nature of his own room. As time passed, his guest finally arrived...Lord Elric, much-disguised and unseen. The Wanderer rose and greeted him with a smile. "It's good to see you, Silver. It's been too long. No last names, please...I am simply Shilon now, after all that has occured. I have come to see how you were, of course...and to inquire after the health of two ladies we seem to have lost along the way. Perhaps you could educate me?"

"Wanderer, Brother Shilon, welcome. I have auspicious news. For one of our sisters resides in the house of my King, a Principal member of his court, disguised though she may be, as I am.

Sister Phoenix, as my informants name her, is said to reside hidden in the Land of Endless Snow."

"Wanderer, Brother Shilon, welcome. I have auspicious news. For one of our sisters resides in the house of my King, a Principal member of his court, disguised though she may be, as I am.

Sister Phoenix, as my informants name her, is said to reside hidden in the Land of Endless Snow."

"This is to the good. I see the beauty of your home is undiminished, Rukia. We sacrificed much so that one of the ancient houses could prosper; I am happy the fates chose you."

Shilon sighed. "I will need the most up-to-date information about the whereabouts of Sister Phoenix, Rukia. I will be purchasing supplies here for the trip, so have no fear of that..but if you could get me to the Land Of Endless Snow discreetly, I would appreciate it...And if you would give Sister Wolf my most sincere regards, I would appreciate. Tell her I worry for her as I would my daughter."

"Is there anything I could do for you or yours while I am here, or on my journey, brother?"

"This is to the good. I see the beauty of your home is undiminished, Rukia. We sacrificed much so that one of the ancient houses could prosper; I am happy the fates chose you."

Shilon sighed. "I will need the most up-to-date information about the whereabouts of Sister Phoenix, Rukia. I will be purchasing supplies here for the trip, so have no fear of that..but if you could get me to the Land Of Endless Snow discreetly, I would appreciate it...And if you would give Sister Wolf my most sincere regards, I would appreciate. Tell her I worry for her as I would my daughter."

"Is there anything I could do for you or yours while I am here, or on my journey, brother?"

"All I know for sure is that she is with a team of Franzharian scientists there, working on an artifical agricultural system for that nation. All of the other scientists are Nord, so you will know her straight off.

They are due for a new shipment from our stores, so I am certain I could get you on that transport, I run the team you see, they are deathly loyal to me, thus loyal to you. You will find quarter with these men and they will not disclose you or your cause."

"All I know for sure is that she is with a team of Franzharian scientists there, working on an artifical agricultural system for that nation. All of the other scientists are Nord, so you will know her straight off.

They are due for a new shipment from our stores, so I am certain I could get you on that transport, I run the team you see, they are deathly loyal to me, thus loyal to you. You will find quarter with these men and they will not disclose you or your cause."

"Put me on it."

"Put me on it."

"It shall be made so, Brother. Know you are always welcome in the Dragon's Den. Business aside, how are you? We had recieved a broken transmission from the Isles that you had been killed. I am glad to see it was untrue, but this must be a heavy burden to bear. Are you well?"

"It shall be made so, Brother. Know you are always welcome in the Dragon's Den. Business aside, how are you? We had recieved a broken transmission from the Isles that you had been killed. I am glad to see it was untrue, but this must be a heavy burden to bear. Are you well?"

"I am as well as can be expected, brother. I allow the illusion of my death to continue because it must, both for the safety of my tribe...and so that I may continue to accomplish the goals of the Exiles. I fear my daughter has engaged in a grand game in my lands, and even as skilled as she is, I worry that she will be swept away by the many forces working there. Still, she has honored me as best she can...It is her place now, her power over the land, not mine. What she decides to do to save my tribe...is her decision, and I will honor it. In the meantime, I must go to the Phoenix as soon as possible. When does the transport depart?"

"I am as well as can be expected, brother. I allow the illusion of my death to continue because it must, both for the safety of my tribe...and so that I may continue to accomplish the goals of the Exiles. I fear my daughter has engaged in a grand game in my lands, and even as skilled as she is, I worry that she will be swept away by the many forces working there. Still, she has honored me as best she can...It is her place now, her power over the land, not mine. What she decides to do to save my tribe...is her decision, and I will honor it. In the meantime, I must go to the Phoenix as soon as possible. When does the transport depart?"

"The departure is still a number of hours away, 5 or 6. The trip to Oulu Port should take 1 or 2 at the most."