IRON Presidential Announcement

Heft

Although I don't always agree with IRON, I've always had a very strong respect for them, since my first day when I joined an IRON protectorate (founded by an ex-president no less). You've much to be proud of Heft; enjoy your retirement and good luck to your successor! :)

So... what does this change?

Is this really necessary?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really necessary?

Is the announcement of a leadership shift necessary if it is irrelevant to interaction with and policy of said leadership?

It was just a question. I know, I know: it's entirely inconceivable that I might ask one without having the nefarious intent of embarrassing the relevant parties or otherwise causing mischief. If you'd like I can get someone who's not on perma-ZI to ask the question so you don't have heart failure, but it will get everyone back to their mindless congratulating and inconsequential pleasantries much faster if someone simply answers it.

Is the announcement of a leadership shift necessary if it is irrelevant to interaction with and policy of said leadership?

It was just a question. I know, I know: it's entirely inconceivable that I might ask one without having the nefarious intent of embarrassing the relevant parties or otherwise causing mischief. If you'd like I can get someone who's not on perma-ZI to ask the question so you don't have heart failure, but it will get everyone back to their mindless congratulating and inconsequential pleasantries much faster if someone simply answers it.

The correct answer to that question would have been: "Sad but necessary".

Oh well, better luck next time. :ehm:

Heft, you're one of the best friends, allies, and leaders in this game. Have fun down here at the retirement home. The White building is just down the road, but DON'T let TBB rope you into a game of... well... anything. :P

Fin, you were one of the first IRON people I got to know. You kept up friendly embassy discussion during our war, which I think was the catalyst that got TOOL and IRON saying "Hey, we may be fighting each other, but we're both pretty awesome." You're a class act, and I know you'll do great.

We've got your back. :)

o/ Heft

o/ Fin

o/ IRON

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

Heft, I've only known you the last 3 months of your presidency but I am sad I did not know you before that. You've been a great friend and a great advisor. You've served long and hard and that takes a lot of dedication. As you said, it is not about one person but serving a community and leading it can be hard. We make decisions we don't want to, we work with people we may not care for and we do things that may leave bad taste in our mouths but are necessary in hindsight. People make mistakes, people do great things and people make great leaders or not, and you were a good one. It has been a pleasure to work with you even though the time was short and I will see you around even if the quotes drive me nuts.

Mr. Pink Tutu Heft. You've served long and hard and you deserve this.

Finster, you'll do a great job I know and lead IRON well. You have been amenable and friendly to me since I've gotten to know me even if you did help facilitate Coursca's efforts to try and steal me to IRON as MoD by declaring on TOOL. You'll serve well as you are dedicated and a strong leader.

:wub: IRON

:wub: Heft

:wub: Coursca

Edited by Salmia

Heft has been one of the absolute best leaders in this world.

Thank you for your service and enjoy retirement.

I'll be sure to ask the same, pointless, question the next time Vox makes an announcement regarding changes in leadership.

I'll be sure to ask the same, pointless, question the next time Vox makes an announcement regarding changes in leadership.

Our announcements are never of the single-subject, pointless kind. That's why people read them.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Vox, though. Perhaps you could answer me that, too.

It has nothing to do with you being Vox. This is more a sign of symbolically passing on the mantle to another person. Heft has made friends and probably enemies while here but he has served for a long time and this is something of note. It is a changing of the guard so to speak and so I'd say, yes, it is necessary. It offers a chance for him to say farewell before passing it on. It gives the community a chance to honor him before he steps down and to give him well wishes.

It is not completely mindless hails but people who honestly wish him better. Yes, there will be some people who hail him because he was president but he has a well earned reputation and it is a leader who is stepping down from the scene. So I say, yes, it is necessary for those who wish to remember and honor a leader before he passes a mantle and to welcome the new leader who accepts the burden.

Congrats to Finster again and Heft I'll see you around. ;)

Edited by Salmia

Heft, this saddens me more than I thought possible. You've been a joy to work with. I have enjoyed your friendship and support. IRON will do well under FinsterBaby, never fear. We do and will still have fun. But that does not diminish what you've accomplished with IRON or my admiration for you.

Enjoy your retirement, Heft. I will still bug you, so pay attention. :wub:

President FinsterBaby..look out! Er..congratulations!

o7 Heft

o7 IRON

o7 FinsterBaby