Open letter to Planet Bob

Francesca

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one complaining about things only to find that you yourself are guilty of that which you rant against. Before you complain about others and their post content maybe you should look at what you are saying in your own posts. If you want to rant against my, just take a look at what I've quoted and then look at all the quotes I've posted that have come from you. Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black.

/me shrugs

What I am talking about is a general behaviour trend.

I strongly suggest you don't get so worked up over how the public at large acts on these forums; you do not have the power to change it. If you truly wish to create insightful discussions there are far better ways to do so than making yet another thread on this topic. Find an interesting point of discussion that hasn't been beaten to death (unlike this one) and I guarantee you that the insightful posters will be drawn to it. Short of doing that, you really have no right to complain about a lack of stimulating discourse.

Edited by Penguin

mechanus, ur post is even less worthy of my attention as it is blatant trolling! If you enjoy searching her posts for posts like that then i have news for you: get a life!!!!!
the sup4l33t3killa never jokes. he always speaks the truth.

o/Francesca

o/MCXA

Please stop bro...

Your making yourself look bad:( I know what standing up for your friends is like, but your doing it wrong here.

Your letting your emotions take you over, Francesca can take care of herself.

Also Mechanus does have a valid point, Francesca does look moderately hypocritical given what she has posted. Though I would note that just because you partake in something, doesn't mean you can't consider it to be be wrong or be something that you don't think anyone should do.

Please stop bro...

Your making yourself look bad:( I know what standing up for your friends is like, but your doing it wrong here.

Your letting your emotions take you over, Francesca can take care of herself.

Also Mechanus does have a valid point, Francesca does look moderately hypocritical given what she has posted. Though I would note that just because you partake in something, doesn't mean you can't consider it to be be wrong or be something that you don't think anyone should do.

I don't think that it is necessarily wrong to occasionally post something congratulatory on a treaty or whatever, but what I am talking about is a general trend where people only post stuff without content. And I have posted plenty of stuff with content.

Sup4, as nc said..... I can take care of myself, don't worry.

I only respond to them because I enjoy getting their panties all in a bunch.

See Slayer it's post's like yours that open the door for comments like the one below, Lets get real, if I posted something like this and meant it, the next thing ya know my retirement home I reside in would be under attack, which is BS...

I have trouble believing you could get her panties in a bunch, let alone VOX.

06-2006Fashion.jpg

My point to this post is, why did you even bother posting?

I was going to avoid posting in this thread and the example above is just that an example, please leave it that way.

I don't think that it is necessarily wrong to occasionally post something congratulatory on a treaty or whatever, but what I am talking about is a general trend where people only post stuff without content. And I have posted plenty of stuff with content.

Sup4, as nc said..... I can take care of myself, don't worry.

If you don't think it wrong for the occasional post then you need to clarify in your OP. What you did was rant against anything resembling things that you yourself are found to have posted without the clarification that it is ok as long as you have also posted content considered valid and thought-provoking. Because of that I perceived that you were ranting against anyone that made such postings, whether they have contributed true content within these forums or not.

As for you Sup4l33tki11a,

mechanus, ur post is even less worthy of my attention as it is blatant trolling! If you enjoy searching her posts for posts like that then i have news for you: get a life!!!!!

All I did was provide points of reference to help prove my point that Francesca's OP was a bit hypocritical since she herself was doing the very thing she was complaining against. Unlike some people who will just rant, much like your own diatribes here, I do prefer to show why I state the things that I do when such evidence exists. It does strengthen my viewpoint a bit more than a NO U! counter.

**edited becuase an extra quote made it in there somehow**

Edited by Mechanus

Just learn to read the forums with your finger over Page Down :P. Filling up a thread with meaningless and/or diversionary posts in order to bury the unwanted content from opponents is a valid political tactic (albeit one I don't like), and if you want to be able to take the important points in tense times you need to be able to filter a 40 page thread of intentional 'spam' (within the forum rules of course).

I couldn't agree more with the OP.

Many days, it's as if the troll patrol took over the short bus and crashed it into these boards, opening up the whole six pack of dumb all over this place in the process.

There was a discussion of this way back when on the moderation thread, and the conclusion was there's not a lot to be done so long as folks follow the rules, and a rule about posts without substance is a slippery slope, which is undoubtedly true.

It would be nice to have alliances refrain from 'go post on X thread - go go go' like I see all the time on IRC.

But I agree OP, it would be nice to see a more substantive, well thought out, and more well written discourse on many topics.

VI

• 11 months later...

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='09 February 2009 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1234102061' post='1254890']
Just learn to read the forums with your finger over Page Down :P. Filling up a thread with meaningless and/or diversionary posts in order to bury the unwanted content from opponents is a valid political tactic (albeit one I don't like), and if you want to be able to take the important points in tense times you need to be able to filter a 40 page thread of intentional 'spam' (within the forum rules of course).
[/quote]

I have noticed this as well. people tend to bury stuff that they do not want to answer.