To bring order

Lynneth

OOC: If the Arctic Confederacy doesn't get purged within the next update, you can consider everything talking about it void/delayed until the player returns or it is purged.

IC:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Friends and Comrades.

To the north of our nation, anarchy has gripped the land. Okhrana, the Wilson Empire and the Arctic Confederacy have succumbed to rebellion and violent anarchists. To combat them, we hereby will enforce the following policies:

The territories of the Wilson Empire and Okhrana are henceforth Saborian Protectorates.

The Newfoundlandian part of the Wilson Empire will be integrated into Saboria, to stop anarchists before they knock on our doors.

We will additionally send five divisions into the Arctic Confederacy to restore order and integrate this territory into Saboria, to make sure that rampant anarchism does not damage the environment or spill into neighbouring states.

That is all.

Thank you.

**Classified**

With that, Saborian forces were being deployed to do what was announced here: To annex WE's Newfoundland, the Arctic Confederacy and to bring the northwest-canadian territories under its rule as protectorates.

Edited by Lynneth

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: If the Arctic Confederacy doesn't get purged within the next update, you can consider everything talking about it void/delayed until the player returns or it is purged.

OOC: Got it.

IC: "To bring stability to lands that have fallen into disorder is always commendable."

~Georgina Gates, Lady of Foreign Affairs-Promised Land

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Seeing as two of those nations are rather good friends of ours we'd also like to take part. Perhaps set up a joint protectorate area?

USNA Secretary of State,

Colon Powers

In Alaska, that certainly could be done. Regarding the AC, however, we want to prevent anarchy to spread into neighbouring nations, which can only be done reliably and permanently by integrating it into our territory.

We understand and agree to previously made arrangements. (OOC: in the map thread) Several military units will move into the Alaska Protectorate area and begin securing military depots and facilities. We hope to get a local or regional government system back up and running within the week.

USNA Secretary of State,

Colon Powers

The nation of Newfoundland was under our control for most of planet Bob's existance.

We will not sit idly by and allow newcomers to usurp this land. The Wilson Empire took it over when we were not in a position to hol it. That is no longer the case. If The Wilson Empire is not in control of their area of Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island will be staking its historical land claims, and will be happy to go to the world court for a ruling.

This is not an attempt to move the other nations out, but if land claims are given up in this area, we will be staking ours.

OOC: Hey Maciabelly

IC:

We hereby petition to the Saborian government that the Wilson Empire's holdings in Newfoundland be returned to the government of Prince Edward Island. We would also be willing to return our part as well but we'd like to retain control over the main military complex as well as a small parcel of land around it. For now the vote in congress to accept the Autonomous Territory of Newfoundland as a state of the United States of North America has been put on hold pending diplomatic results.

We would like to thank USNA for their support. As stated, we are not asking anyone to leave, but newfoundland should revert to our control if anyone does leave. It was a major part of the kingdom when we were still huddled to the rocks in small fishing villages.

If USNA wants to give up all but their base, we would gladly accept. If you want to keep control of what you have now, we would be OK with that as well.

We would like to thank USNA for their support. As stated, we are not asking anyone to leave, but newfoundland should revert to our control if anyone does leave. It was a major part of the kingdom when we were still huddled to the rocks in small fishing villages.

If USNA wants to give up all but their base, we would gladly accept. If you want to keep control of what you have now, we would be OK with that as well.

Nobody is leaving that part of Newfoundland; The Wilson Empire's bases there merely are now being manned by Saborian forces. We already have sent our men there to take control of the bases and airfields.

Ok, we now understand the situation and will agree that Newfoundland shall revert back to Prince Edwards Island if it becomes unclaimed in the future. As they have petitioned for statehood already we believe that they should remain with our nation but if your nation strongly wishes to regain control over the region we will comply with those wishes.

Secretary of State,

Colon Powers

Nobody is leaving that part of Newfoundland; The Wilson Empire's bases there merely are now being manned by Saborian forces. We already have sent our men there to take control of the bases and airfields.

Apparently we define things differently. If the Wilson Empire is no longer in control of Newfoundland, then they have "left" as far as we are concerned. If you are taking over their area of Newfoundland, then you are taking over land that we lay claim to.

Byzantium is greatly alarmed at the spread of Communism over the parts of the world. So Communism continues to expand to bring forth their failed ideals.

You still did not provide sufficient proof that the Rational Communism that is embraced by us is a 'failed ideal'. Our nation is completely different from most so-called "communistic" nations due to the fact that we are a true democracy and not a dictatorial state.

Apparently we define things differently. If the Wilson Empire is no longer in control of Newfoundland, then they have "left" as far as we are concerned. If you are taking over their area of Newfoundland, then you are taking over land that we lay claim to.

As said previously, we already have two divisions in the area to secure it and a number of construction teams to turn it into a easily defensible location, restore a city or two and build airfields. We are already in the process of integrating the territory into Saboria.

OOC: Read: I'm not going to back down. I've wanted Newfoundland for ages.

Edited by Lynneth

You still did not provide sufficient proof that the Rational Communism that is embraced by us is a 'failed ideal'. Our nation is completely different from most so-called "communistic" nations due to the fact that we are a true democracy and not a dictatorial state.

The reason Communism failed was, that, they claimed to support democracy but they inevitably turned to dictatorial means in order to suppress their own people in order to advance themselves. Do, however, show us the evidence that it is a 'true democracy'.

We have lived peacfully as neighbours for a long time, but I am not prepared to allow this to go unanswered. Do not doubt my resolve or the veracity of my claims. Also, don't think for a minute that my response has anything to do with any fear of communism. it is a response to a naked land grab of my territorial holdings.

To USNA if you think he will stop without taking all of Newfoundland, you are mistaken.

****Private to USNA****

I am not asking you to join me if this goes military, I am asking you not to join him

I really hope that both of you, friends of our nation, will try and sort this out diplomatically. We would be willing to mediate peace talks between both nations before this escalates into a war. We have no intention of joining either side if conflict erupts but we believe it would be best if it didn't start in the first place.

Secretary of State,

Colon Powers

The reason Communism failed was, that, they claimed to support democracy but they inevitably turned to dictatorial means in order to suppress their own people in order to advance themselves. Do, however, show us the evidence that it is a 'true democracy'.

It is written in our constitution that the Chairman as well as every single governmental official is elected by the people until a point in time where he dies or where the people believe that he is no longer doing his job well.

In effect, the Saborian people could vote Chairman Leclerc out of office whenever they pleased. And by providing both national and international news as well as through a number of initiatives, we make sure that our people actually care about Saborian politics and do vote whenever necessary. This is anchored in our constitution, unchangable, unless 100% of the population want to change it.

I do not crave war. My nation has felt the sting of nuclear winter. We have only recently dug our way out of the last one. But, I will not be bullied by a nation who believes he is in the right simply because he managed to get a battalion in to pick a corpse before it was cold.

I also do not look forward to being nervous about my freedom day celebrations, in case my neighbour thinks I need order restored and comes to "integrate" me.

This is a land grab and should be condemed by the nations of North America as such.

edited for speeling

Edited by Machiabelly

OOC: Mr Lynneth I hope you PM'd Mr Wilson about this.

OOC: Wilson's been purged.

IC:

We have lived peacfully as neighbours for a long time, but I am not prepared to allow this to go unanswered. Do not doubt my resolve or the veracity of my claims. Also, don't think for a minute that my response has anything to do with any fear of communism. it is a response to a naked land grab of my territorial holdings.

To USNA if you think he will stop without taking all of Newfoundland, you are mistaken.

We will continue on the path we have taken. That is all.