Forvenge Researching Landmass Creation Techniques

Bacharth

While other nations are researching weapons technology and cures for Cancer, Forvensk scientists are researching ways to better human life. Distopyans have researched and successfully implemented alternative energy sources and ways of joining form and function.

However, the Forvensk Ministry of Science has now begun a large scale national project. The Ministry will begin ways to create artificial landmass, much like Naboo in the North Pacific, although for now on a much, much smaller scale.

The first project is an artificial landmass off the coast of Stockholm. A private contractor has already bought up the island for use when it is deemed safe and ready for people to live on for an extended period of time.

The second project, is where the foreign powers come in. Forvenge would like to purchase a small island chain or grouping of islands. Also, other foreign nations are of course allowed to join in to help and/or learn.

OOC: Making an island is definately within my tech level, and considering I've never bought anything from a foreign nation, I'm energy independent, and all that stuff, I think I've got the cash for it. But, we're not doing economies here. There was a project to add on landmass to the Netherlands in 1969, like, 970 km of it.

The second part...I just have to get a bunch of cement.

We wish to voice our concerns for other low-lying regions around your country. It you displace large amounts of water, it needs to go somewhere.

For a noticable increase in the world's oceans, they would have to displace similar amounts of water as Naboo did.

Yes, but the Baltic region could feel it more than the rest of the world.

"No offense, but that's being a little paranoid. You will hardly feel it at all."

OOC: And really, there is no cause for alarm. Much of the land of RL Netherlands was claimed from the sea with no appreciable effects.

"No offense, but that's being a little paranoid. You will hardly feel it at all."

OOC: And really, there is no cause for alarm. Much of the land of RL Netherlands was claimed from the sea with no appreciable effects.

I know we won't feel it all the way in the Indian Ocean, I'm just throwing the facts/worst case scenario out there.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I