The Siberian Islands claim independence.

mykep

Emperor Mykep's travel to the northern islands was a most exciting one for the people of the region. Finally, thier homelands would begin to develop a new culture apart from the Empire. Signing with an agreement of protection and trade, the new country shall be stand on its own, with the help of its former government and emperor to help them prosper.

(OOC: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6721/worldmap25copyfe6.png the islands coloured above me)

"The Kingdom of Northrend is now free of my word. Not through violent struggle, but through diplomacy and political agreement. For that, I shall stand by you and help you prosper. Let it be known, that the people of the Anzhu Islands and Lyakhovosky Islands stand free of the empire, but they shall always be by your side.

May the Kingdom live forever."

- Emperor Mykep.

The people cheered in praise over thier newly found freedom, they cheered thier new leaders and now thier laws were in the hands of Northrend. The country was in good hands.

Mykep's associate diplomat Aaron Voros would stay behind to assist the new leaders in any way possible and to also provide a link to T.N.E. As well as to discuss any terms of protection and trade.

OOC: All yours Northrend.

The Nationalist Party as the singular party of the sovereign monarch, H.M. Arthas, the Lich Kaiser, offers its sincere thanks to the Empire for their actions. We look forward to continued relations. In the meantime, we will require food and supplies as we set up our own infrastructure and our industry.

Procinctia and Northland are both island nations of inhospitable wastelands, a common bond of sorts.

OOC: actually I was commenting on the fact that Dranagg is probably in the most inhospitable place on the planet, with the exception of parts of Paraganea :awesome:

Procinctia supports a coalition of inhospitable nations.

The proposed hypothetical coalition of inhospitable countries would be unstoppable, or at least unassailable. The forces of lesser states would perish to the environment before even facing our forces.

Edited by Generalissimo

The nation currently residing in East St. Louis would most definitely be a candidate for this coalition of inhospitable nations.

We would rather say that the GSL are the most inhospitable. I hear terrible things about "Detroit".

Procinctia supports a coalition of inhospitable nations.

The proposed hypothetical coalition of inhospitable countries would be unstoppable, or at least unassailable. The forces of lesser states would perish to the environment before even facing our forces.

What about nations that even large forces would have a hard time with?

Edited by Tahsir Re

We would rather say that the GSL are the most inhospitable.

I hear terrible things about "Detroit". What about nations that even large forces would have a hard time with?

Procinctia is one of the worst places in the world as we are currently host to land mines, naval mines, near fatal contamination, and a burning sea.

What opposing force would be crazy enough to get to us?

Corollary- A naval assault on Northland is probably near impossible, the ice is probably an excellent natural defence.

Edited by Generalissimo

Procinctia is extremely curious how this new nation plans to subsist in an environment as severe as the Siberian Islands.

As I can speak for my former citizens, they know the climate and know how to deal with it. From ice fishing, gathering arctic tundra vegetation as well as the already civilized societies carved out of the permafrost and underground ice, these people can, and will survive. Although the average temperature is about +20 underground, the layered ice and permafrost provides a ground suitable for fires to be build and the ice above creates windless caves. barter system, cattle growing, and vegetation growing by way of putting top soil over paleosol as well as peat and having the ground heated provides way for growing plants.

Nevermind the fact the islands are covered in ivory making the international trading something that is valuable for both exports and imports.

The YDR recognize the Siberian independence.

We are glad our Russian brothers are off to the right start.

SHUT UP. I Live there.

OOC: What, can't take a bit of good-natured teasing? Personally, I won;t get THAt indignant if someone insults my own home-town. Every place has its flaws. It's a fact of life. The attitude with which you deal with them makes all the difference.