Come ask your Questions for AdTheRat, Coldfront Admin on CN-Radio

Caffine

not sure if this is an questin an irc-op loves to answer, but, which differences, do you see between coldfront and other "gamer irc servers" like eg. netgamers.

what are the pros you see for your own server and whats the cons?

It's lovely to see some good questions and I look forward to answering some of them. Thank you!

Re: #dick

We are a !@#$% fan so we had to lob Coldfront's #dick off. It's not coming back. (I really have no power of the banning nor any power to unban #dick. Any appeal must be done to Rhaegar or emailed to irc@coldfront.net That's it. End of story)

It was terrible quality while actually on the air. I couldn't understand a thing Ad was saying.

We're providing a transcript of the interview because of the poor quality.

1. Diomede: Hi AdTheRat, why are you so sexy?

Because of the things I do...

Could you Elaborate on that?

Things, do you really want to know?

2. Porksaber: So, that seems to be an occupational hazard of an IRCop. In as much, could you please give us your feelings about the insolence of one (1) Barix9[ARES], %scanning and other means of mass highlighting on IRC, and also, this nonsense about space ships, and even space people?

Freaking annoying but it's up to the channel to deal with it, if I'm not super op or anything, I just ignore it or make werid comments, like "your mom"

Nintenderek:

3. Do you enjoy your job as a Coldfront Admin?

freaking hell yeah

4. How did you first discover Coldfront?

From burningsea, a MMO last year when it was in development and slowly over the years spread myself over CF like some sort of green goo

5. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of being an Admin on Coldfront?

Advantages. I can see everything. Woo!

Disadvantage:I can see everything. Ew god no, you don't do that with that!

AirMe:

6. Why do you Zline bros like....once every month or so?

People keep asking me! I don't know why they ask me, they are mad!

Coursca

7. How has CN coming to Coldfront a couple of years back really changed or impacted the general nature of the server? My understanding of CN history is that many folks started on a totally different server and then there was an eventual migration over to Coldfront.

I wasn't here before the CN migration but my understanding is that it really helped create a wonderful community and it made Coldfront that little more alive. Of course, with large number of people, comes with a larger amount of idiots. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Zoomzoomzoom:

8. Has the cold front crew ever thought about kicking the CN community off the server for terrible behavior?

What? Have we missed some member of CN community?

8a. Do we make your job miserable?

Nope, we have a lot of fun kicking those naughty people. I believe some of us cry a little tear of joy when users are bad.

Rebel Virginia

9. I'm not really so sure what's so fascinating about AdTheRat. Honestly I've never heard of the guy, but then again I don't pay attention to the Coldfront staff, so what do I know. What makes this guy so special?

I'm special because I'm just that awesome, seriously, come and say hey to me in one of the channels I hang out.

BlueLighting:

10. Is Rhaegar a big meany or a cuddly teddy-bear?

He's a big meany cuddly teddy-bear of epic perpostition

yetanothername:

11. Are there any plans on adding another server to the network?

None, we've yet to reach the server limits.

theArrowheadian:

12. Of all the usernames you've seen, what was your favorite?

Backslash. Seriously, it catches out so many clients bugs. Actually broke my last client I've used.

Caffine

13. Are you a sewer rat or a desert rat?

I'm a special rat, I actually came from the jungle. So freaking humid in there.

14. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

As much as a kick rat could kick users if a kick rat could kick users. Oh wait, let try that now..

necAnt:

15. not sure if this is an questin an irc-op loves to answer, but, which differences, do you see between coldfront and other "gamer irc servers" like eg. netgamers.

The biggest different I can see, is the comminuty. What make us different is the people who both run and hang out on our server and we love you all! (nearly, I'm looking at you)

Caffine

16. Cake or Pie ?

Chocolate Cake pie

The OP has been updated with these answers as well.

Edited by Caffine1