The Tygaist Manifesto

Tygaland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more leaders like you, Tyga.

But since you were part of the coalition that demanded his removal from the Polar throne two and a half years ago, by the Continuum's "Sponge Principle" you are not allowed to have a positive opinion of him because people never change their minds or alter their views. It's not possible that you don't think Tyga is still a dangerous rogue Emperor because that is what you thought x months ago. Report to Miniluv, citizen.

Anyway... if we had more Tygalands then we'd be much less appreciative of how special this Tygaland is. This world is only big enough for one, especially now that its natural prey, the duffman, has gone extinct.

I salute this, but I think it should be longer and more detailed, especially with references to how Tygaism can be implemented in important issues in the modern political state.

I don't think a philosophy needs to be long and the complexity of the philosophy would determine the number of words needed to express it. Tygaism is a simple philosophy so I don't think it needs a large number of words to convey its principles. As far as issues in a modern politcal state, the STA has followed these principles since its creation.

If our allies are attacked we offer our assistance. If we go to war to assist/defend an ally we do not seek reparations from those we fought. Any terms we give are ones we believe assist the alliance involved to avoid such situations in future.

If an alliance approaches us about a treaty we look at how that alliance has interacted with us and/or our allies in the past and look to forge a friendship with that alliance before signing a treaty.

If one of our members is attacked by a rogue, we go to the rogue's alliance to resolve the issue rather than just make that nation a target. On almost every occasion that issue is resolved amicably and we have become good friends with alliances we first met over issues such as these.

Because it is so simple, Tygaism is easy to live by. Sure, it can get your alliance into wars you are sure to lose when you defend an ally with many enemies. But the alliance is stronger for that because members of a Tygaist alliance know what the alliance stands for and what the alliance's word means. It can also mean you disagree with people you more often than not agree with. But in the end, the honesty Tygaism requires gains a Tygaist more respect than they lose.

If you have any specific scenarios you wish you propose please do so here or via private channels.

Certainly, if this were my philosophy I would have specific ideas on how to make this more applicable to certain current CN political issues. However, this explanation of Tygaism isn't specific enough in my opinion for people to understand how it would relate towards these issues, and so I am the wrong person to make suggestions of that nature. If you would still like my ideas on this, I'll meet with you on (OOC) IRC. (OOC)

Yes, Tygaism is simple because it doesn't go into specifics a great deal, it's a lot of "feel-good" stuff. I feel kinda harsh here, but it's how I honestly feel. However, it is too simple, and in many situations Tygaists would not know the Tygaist opinion on things.

Edited by Francesca

I salute this, but I think it should be longer and more detailed, especially with references to how Tygaism can be implemented in important issues in the modern political state.

Are you saying Bill n Teds (um they are two philosophers in my nation) "Be Excellent To Each Other" is unworthy?

Certainly, if this were my philosophy I would have specific ideas on how to make this more applicable to certain current CN political issues. However, this explanation of Tygaism isn't specific enough in my opinion for people to understand how it would relate towards these issues, and so I am the wrong person to make suggestions of that nature. If you would still like my ideas on this, I'll meet with you on IRC.

Yes, Tygaism is simple because it doesn't go into specifics a great deal, it's a lot of "feel-good" stuff. I feel kinda harsh here, but it's how I honestly feel. However, it is too simple, and in many situations Tygaists would not know the Tygaist opinion on things.

That is understandable. A lot of it is "feel good stuff", however, the difference is turning the feel good words into actions. But don't get me wrong, following Tygaist philosophy is not just about feel good. It creates enemies and resentment also.

I'll be happy to talk to you on IRC about it.

Edited by Tygaland

and this is what bothers me most: it describes basic principles of honor and loyalty. What disturbs me about that is that it is necessary for the aforementioned principles to now considered to be their own ideology.

That Tyga and the STA are seen as the flag wavers for these basic principles is sadly indicative of how uncommon they are on the world stage. If more alliances practised such basic decency as you suggest that they do, STA would not be seen as a champion of decency or as a model for how any new alliance looking for respectability should conduct themselves (as they currently are), but merely 'another moral alliance'.

I congratulate Tyga not so much for the outlining of these principles, but for the steadfast and committed following of the same. That the STA is a beacon for honour and loyalty in this day and age is no accident; they truly practice what they preach in a world where basic moral values and principles are often disregarded in favour of more material gains, and absolutely deserve to be held in high esteem as a result.

Tygaism is based on a principle not of personal gain, but one of mutual respect.

Lol, I have to say, you guys preformed two tech raids on WAPA. Both you tried to cover as war, when in truth it was about “personal gain” and to line your own pockets with riches.

A Tygaist does not seek political status at the expense of his or her principles.

True, your principles happen to involve holding an alliance under occupation and attempting to destroy them for four months, didn’t work out to well eh.

A Tygaist is one that is content with him or herself regardless of size or perceived power in the Cyberverse.

Again see my first comment, above the one I just made.

A Tygaist is one who will express their opinions regardless of whom they disagree with. Honesty and truth are paramount to a Tygaist.

This is very true, you guys aren’t suttle and neither am I.

In times of conflict a Tigris will stand by their allies without a thought to their own safety.

This happens to be true, but only for you Tyga, you were emperor for NpO, so no doubt you still held a lot of love for your old alliance, yet you dragged in all your boys into it, when you could have made a neutral stance or left for a period and fought the war with NpO.

Enemies of a Tygaist will expect a fierce battle but no ill-will.

Fierce in battle, umm, tuck 2 of your allies to crush WAPA again, as well as large cash amounts to STA nations from NpO. No ill-will, I very much doubt, only 2 members have shown that, and may I say, they made me stop painting an entire alliance with the same brush.

A Tygaist does not seek to profit from war but sees war as a means to defend friends and allies.

Again, WAPA, poor WAPA, didn’t see any of that.

Tygaism does not impose itself on others. A Tygaist knows that their philosophy is one of mutual respect and that respect is extended to those following other philosophies or no philosophy at all.

4 months under occupation, I call that imposing ones will on others.

In conclusion, the Tygaist philosophy is one of mutual respect, of contentment with one's place in the Cyberverse and one that places truth, honour and integrity ahead of power and profit.

Little respect was given to members of WAPA government, who tried for weeks to talk with you and yours, little honour was given in the first WAPA-STA war, when reps had been paid to the PPF and MK had been inforumd, yet under your orders, the raid went ahead, the first and second WAPA-STA wars, were all about profit, for you and you allies, I maintain that stance, and so do many that were members of WAPA at the time.

Edited by Finner