The Tygaist Manifesto

Tygaland

I have some misgivings with this. First, it is too short and lacks detail

Simple philosophies I find to be the best. I'm not sure what additional detail is needed.

...and secondly, and this is what bothers me most: it describes basic principles of honor and loyalty. What disturbs me about that is that it is necessary for the aforementioned principles to now considered to be their own ideology.

Tygaism is based on the principles of honour and loyalty, yes. It is an extention of these principles that has formed the basis of the Siberian Tiger Alliance and how it is governed. There is more to it than simply honour and loyalty. It how honour and loyalty and respect are applied in the running of the alliance and in the alliance's interaction with the Cyberverse.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done. What you posted probably describes about 80% of why I've always liked you and STA. Even if we have never talked much or gotten to know each other.

I have some misgivings with this. First, it is too short and lacks detail and secondly, and this is what bothers me most: it describes basic principles of honor and loyalty. What disturbs me about that is that it is necessary for the aforementioned principles to now considered to be their own ideology.

Yes, Tom. Those precepts are high in how STA operates; and why they have as much respect as they do. And in how, Tyga, has implemented them. Is how the idea of it forms; and leads to an actual ideology. Not just the words, but the deeds to go along with them...and how they are adhered to. For if you are not with your brothers and sisters? How can you have honor? And what of Loyalty? If your alliance signs a treaty, then breaks it due to a no-win situation...how can you claim the same? From what I've seen, though they are not alone, they live it.

Good luck guys :) The wolves howl your names :) Well, this wolf, anyways...

Edited by Strykewolf

I miss the good old days when alliances were based on shifty pseudo-ideology and people stabbed each other in the back over it. Mutual trust and respect? It just sounds so ... wrong. :P

As much as I agree, silly ideologies that are constantly changed to make the alliance always in the right are more entertaining, but I'm certainly glad I'm in an alliance based on Tygaism instead.

...it describes basic principles of honor and loyalty. What disturbs me about that is that it is necessary for the aforementioned principles to now considered to be their own ideology.

I'll chock that up as a critique on the current political climate rather than our Supreme Chancellor's Manifesto. And in that case, I'll agree.

To the Tygaists!

Tyga, you are win. I shall now have to start a new course at Uralikan Yliopisto just to encourage scholarly discussion on the merits of the latest -ism of Planet Bob. Question is, should it be a Philosophy course or a Political Science course? :lol:

o/ Tygaism :)

Tyga, you are win. I shall now have to start a new course at Uralikan Yliopisto just to encourage scholarly discussion on the merits of the latest -ism of Planet Bob. Question is, should it be a Philosophy course or a Political Science course? :lol:

o/ Tygaism :)

Philosophy.

A philosophy that can be applied to politics...so...make 2 courses...just to be safe. :P

Tygaism is based on a principle not of personal gain, but one of mutual respect. A Tygaist does not seek friendships of convenience. Instead, a Tygaist will work to form meaningful friendships based on trust and respect. This may often lead to a semi-isolationist state for a Tygaist but this is not because of a lack of desire to form friendships but due to the requirement for trust and respect to exist before a friendship is forged. True trust and respect are hard to find and therefore a Tygaist will have few friends but those they have are loyal.

As one of the first batch of diplomats who came to the STA shortly after their founding, I can attest to this fact. Even as a very new and small alliance, the STA did not run willy-nilly into treaties.

I have some misgivings with this. First, it is too short and lacks detail and secondly, and this is what bothers me most: it describes basic principles of honor and loyalty.

It doesn't make a philosophy better just because it's adherents have to write massive walls of text to describe it.