The General, The Dragon, and the Wolf

Ranather

Few things could truly startle this man speechless. however, this public revelation was one of those few things.

Despite the dropped note that had only had the word "yes" written on it, it still came as quite a shock. To put it bluntly, he felt as stunned as a man hit over the head with a two-by-four.

However, that did not stop him analyzing the validity of the statement. Sure, the man had a scar where none had been before, but other than that, he was virtually unchanged. If he was an imposter, he was undoubtedly one who had been trained long and hard for something like this, and he doubted the likelihood of that.

He'd have to find out how the man had survived when everyone thought he was dead...

With the statement, Ranather, who had now fully ditched the Elric ruse, pulled a Point-tipped Fedora out from his red cloak. Tipping his cap to the audience, he pushed a button on a small device.

He then saluted as he fell into a trap-door that opened up in the stage. The chute led down towards a waiting sportscar. The assembly burst into murmurs, chants, and questions. Elijah promptly snapped his steel jackboots onto the stage, bring an eerie silence to the Celarium.

"Everyone, please return to your duties."

The assembly then quietly filed out. Once the agent returned to his workstation, he would find two items. A Silver Rose and a Card.

Good Sir,

Your presence is requested at Vulfshden Keep. We have much to discuss. The address is on the back of the card.

Do not dissappoint me.

R

A trap-door. Ingenious.

Upon returning to his station, he saw the rose, and card with its curious contents.

Well, there was nothing for it. Obviously the man knew, or at least suspected, what he was, so why disappoint. he would, of course, disguise his eyes with colored contacts, his hair with a wig, and his facial features were slightly altered by putting balls of cotton in his cheeks to make them look fatter.

He would be wearing a non-descript cloak when he arrived at the designated address, though with the hood down to expose his face...

A trap-door. Ingenious.

Upon returning to his station, he saw the rose, and card with its curious contents.

Well, there was nothing for it. Obviously the man knew, or at least suspected, what he was, so why disappoint. he would, of course, disguise his eyes with colored contacts, his hair with a wig, and his facial features were slightly altered by putting balls of cotton in his cheeks to make them look fatter.

He would be wearing a non-descript cloak when he arrived at the designated address, though with the hood down to expose his face...

One Keshik warrior moved out to see this man.

"The hooded one comes, The August Khan, Temujihn expects your presence. The Silver door over there is the portal you seek."

One Keshik warrior moved out to see this man.

"The hooded one comes, The August Khan, Temujihn expects your presence. The Silver door over there is the portal you seek."

The agent nodded once, then moved toward the door. Cautiously, he eased it open and peered inside. Sensing no traps or tricks, he entered...

The agent nodded once, then moved toward the door. Cautiously, he eased it open and peered inside. Sensing no traps or tricks, he entered...

Inside, only a dim orange light lit the room. There was a desk. One Silver-hooded man sat on the other side of the desk.

"Come, sit, we have much to discuss."

Inside, only a dim orange light lit the room. There was a desk. One Silver-hooded man sat on the other side of the desk.

"Come, sit, we have much to discuss."

Nodding so that such action could be clearly seen even from under the hood, the agent moved to the indicated seat opposite the silver-hooded man, and took it.

He remained silent, however, waiting for the other to make the first move, so to speak...

Nodding so that such action could be clearly seen even from under the hood, the agent moved to the indicated seat opposite the silver-hooded man, and took it.

He remained silent, however, waiting for the other to make the first move, so to speak...

"Let us get directly to business, then."

Ranather lowered his hood and smiled.

"I cannot say that I know who you are, nor do I know for whom you are working. Nor will I ask, as I do not judge that knowledge important. I can however, wager to guess that you have questions based on the way I have seen you react.

So ask, and perhaps you will get an answer."

"Let us get directly to business, then."

Ranather lowered his hood and smiled.

"I cannot say that I know who you are, nor do I know for whom you are working. Nor will I ask, as I do not judge that knowledge important. I can however, wager to guess that you have questions based on the way I have seen you react.

So ask, and perhaps you will get an answer."

The agent also lowered his hood.

"Right to the point again, I see. Do I really have to ask the most obvious question? Everyone thought you dead..." he trailed off, leaving the most obvious unspoken--how did Ranather survive?

His face wor an expression of mild curiosity as he spoke...

The agent also lowered his hood.

"Right to the point again, I see. Do I really have to ask the most obvious question? Everyone thought you dead..." he trailed off, leaving the most obvious unspoken--how did Ranather survive?

His face wor an expression of mild curiosity as he spoke...

"Then my plan succeeded. I had but one reason for my 'death'. My children. Let us leave it at that.

Onto the technicalities. Though it was true an assassin tried to take my life, he was a pawn even if he knew it not. I had one of my people infiltrate the Guild of Blood, Franzharia's Assassins Organization. My agents hired the Guild to perform the deed.

However, though I allowed the Assassin to subdue me, he was taken out shortly thereafter."

Ranather pointed to his scar. "It was not as clean as planned, as you can obviously see. My 'corpse' was put into a drug induced coma for my 'funeral' and afterwards moved to a secure location, kept comatose until the heat wore off.

Once I was spurred, I took up the ruse of Elric Khanne, a wealthy owner of a Nordland Commercial Fishing Operation. I moved to Nordland, obviously, to finish the ruse. Me and my 'Operation' blended into Nordic society until the events of the Nordland War. The Franzharian presence in Finland stunned even me, but it presented a unique opportunity.

The opportunity to live a normal life among my people. But of course, Salaj felt threatened by what he called 'a rogue warlord in waiting'. I am armed and well so, I do not deny that, but to think I would usurp the stability that was growing just to have my throne back? What a fool! But it doesn't matter now I suppose. He went against the grain and he lost his life.

Such is the way of things."

Edited by Ranather

"Indeed..." he agreed. "It sounds like you had quite an adventure."

He cleared his throat and asked another, more vital question. "So, will you be leaving the ruling of the nation to Elijah? Or will you be providing some covert 'help?'"

"Were it not for me, Elijah would not have his throne. I was 'appointed' to the Throne Commission that plucked him from his hiding place in Camberlain.

As for helping him rule, I am currently a member of his 'Principal Court', his Chief Herald, Steward, and Advisor. Though I perhaps will never 'rule' in the more traditional sense, I have an extraordinary amount of power, and because of my little stunt back there, questions will arise.

However, Elijah and I have come to an understanding. I have acknowledged his rule and he has agreed to utilize my experience and give me a bit of decision-making autonomy, mainly in regards to the Economy and Domestic Affairs. Things like Defense, Foreign Affairs, and more critical functions of the State are Elijah's domain."

Edited by Ranather

"Were it not for me, Elijah would not have his throne. I was 'appointed' to the Throne Commission that plucked him from his hiding place in Camberlain.

As for helping him rule, I am currently a member of his 'Principal Court', his Chief Herald, Steward, and Advisor. Though I perhaps will never 'rule' in the more traditional sense, I have an extraordinary amount of power, and because of my little stunt back there, questions will arise.

However, Elijah and I have come to an understanding. I have acknowledged his rule and he has agreed to utilize my experience and give me a bit of decision-making autonomy, mainly in regards to the Economy and Domestic Affairs. Things like Defense, Foreign Affairs, and more critical functions of the State are Elijah's domain."

He nodded. He had needed to know where the man stood. "Well...if you ever need--clandestine help, you know who to contact. Here..." he withdrew from under his robes, a small, shiny object that on closer inspection would be a coin, with a shield on one side, and a pair of crossed swards on the other.

"If you ever need my help but cannot be seen contacting me in a suspicious manner, toss this to me." It would look only like an employer giving an employee a little something extra for a job well-done. He held out the coin to Ranather to take...

He nodded. He had needed to know where the man stood. "Well...if you ever need--clandestine help, you know who to contact. Here..." he withdrew from under his robes, a small, shiny object that on closer inspection would be a coin, with a shield on one side, and a pair of crossed swards on the other.

"If you ever need my help but cannot be seen contacting me in a suspicious manner, toss this to me." It would look only like an employer giving an employee a little something extra for a job well-done. He held out the coin to Ranather to take...

Ranather took and inspected the object.

"I will certainly keep it in mind. Now if you will excuse me, I have been summoned to Bastion again and, as you might expect they are a bit jumpy these days. I can't afford to not be around."

Confident that everyone had made it in, Elric wasted no time in speaking.

Your Majesty, Members of the Principal Court, and Staff Members.

You are probably wondering why I have called this meeting. It is because I have something to share that I feel you all deserve to hear."

Elric turned to Elijah, who looked at him quizzically, but with a strange sense of understanding.

"Your Majesty, you are the son of a great man, one whom was thought lost long ago. But I think you have come to realize the truth?"

"Lord Elric. I have seen the signs, and though I was reluctant to accept the possibility at first, I have come to an understanding. If you are who you say you are, then reveal yourself. I can take it."

Elric simply nodded as he removed his colored hairpieces and a strip of rubber epoxy from his face revealing a talon-shaped scar on the left side of his face. The silver-platinum crop cut and steel-blue eyes were now unmistakeable.

"Then it is true, you are my father?"

"Yes, I am Ranather Rukia. I present to you, my son and King, the Imperial Iyunicite. Our sacred Jewel. As well as this vial of my lifeblood, to have your scientists test at leisure."

The whole room sat in stunned silence.

OOC: Ranather Rukia is alive! :awesome:

Ranather took and inspected the object.

"I will certainly keep it in mind. Now if you will excuse me, I have been summoned to Bastion again and, as you might expect they are a bit jumpy these days. I can't afford to not be around."

"Understandable. I've got to get back myself--I need to get some sleep before organizing more files. No offense, but your offices are a mess..." the agent offered a small grin to show he indeed meant no offense.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder