The General, The Dragon, and the Wolf

Ranather

OOC: As the title suggests, this RP is open, but focuses mainly on my General Larsa ('The General'), King Elijah ('The Dragon'), and several other elements, both positive and negative (Known collectively as 'The Wolf'). This is a 'safe' RP meaning no important carachters other than some of my own NPC (except the General and the Dragon of course :P), both good and bad, are in danger of dying.

It takes place after Elijah's Coronation and shortly before the apparent collapse of Camberlain.

---

IC:

National Memorial Gardens, Bastion

Larsa stood solemnly in the Gardens, the many rows of headstones glistening with the morning frost. He offered a prayer to one particularly large Monument. It was that of Vayne [Archades-Dalmasca] Carudas von Solidor, Consul of Tion. His brother. He looked to his left as he saw another approaching. It was Elijah.

"Larsa. So, this is the last resting place of your brother, Vayne? I was only recently made aware of the circumstances of his death, and of your relationship. I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I've moved forward. Vayne died defending his cause, and with honour."

"My sources also tell me had had a son."

"Yes. Mikhail." Larsa said looking down with his eyes closed.

"We'll find him, Larsa. I promise."

"It is difficult of me to ask, but if we are to have any hope of finding the boy, Larsa, I need to know what happened that day."

"I understand. After Vayne was killed, we were quite literally surrounded by Martens' Einherjar soldiers, hundreds, perhaps thousands of those faceless monsters. We had already been captued and were pretty much confined to our quarters. Somehow, that blasted person, whomever he was, had managed to sneak in too.

I had hardly time to draw my weapon before he grabbed Mikhail and quite literally leaped out of a two-story window."

"Hmm, do you know where they went?"

"Kaiser Martens himself supposedly chased the man down into the sewers in pursuit. Sadly I do no know what happened after that. We were told nothing."

"So they kept you prisoner in your own home, and refused to tell you the fate of your own nephew?"

"Basically, yes. Even after we were released, we couldn't get anything out of them, and by the time Franzharia was restored, the Kaiser, the only man who might have known, vanished. I'm sorry, but there is nothing more I can say."

"It's not much, but I'll do some off the record poking."

Edited by Ranather

The spy that had been following Ranather before his death, then the rest of the royal family as they were slowly killed off, was finally assigned to the King, Elijah, on the day of the man's coronation. He'd undoubtedly be able to use the same cover as before, as security hadn't improved very much, though they were probably a little more suspicious and observant after losing everyone else in the family. Considering this, maybe a different cover would be better, though he would still of course be part of the staff. Servants often went unnoticed...

The spy that had been following Ranather before his death, then the rest of the royal family as they were slowly killed off, was finally assigned to the King, Elijah, on the day of the man's coronation. He'd undoubtedly be able to use the same cover as before, as security hadn't improved very much, though they were probably a little more suspicious and observant after losing everyone else in the family. Considering this, maybe a different cover would be better, though he would still of course be part of the staff. Servants often went unnoticed...

Though he would certainly be right about security not being overly improved, he would also find that Elijah and Larsa were more vigilant and inquisitive as to the the Aides and their activities. The Aides were now given greater autonomy, but it came at the price of greater scrutiny. This could work for or against the agent, depending on how he played his cards.

In any case, Capital Complex was in need of Minor Logistical and Clerical Staff, so perhaps he would find an opening there.

OOC: I believe you should RP a particular "Wolf", Ranather.

OOC: Seeing as that particular 'Wolf' is one of only three surviving people who know of Ranather Rukia's continued existence, which will become a major plotline in this thread, he will make an appearance soon enough.

Though he would certainly be right about security not being overly improved, he would also find that Elijah and Larsa were more vigilant and inquisitive as to the the Aides and their activities. The Aides were now given greater autonomy, but it came at the price of greater scrutiny. This could work for or against the agent, depending on how he played his cards.

In any case, Capital Complex was in need of Minor Logistical and Clerical Staff, so perhaps he would find an opening there.

Indeed, the new procedures were a mixed blessing, one he would have to be careful with. But as long as he wasn't actually told to do anything other than observe or place the odd bug or two, he should be fine, as being in the wrong place could be explained away easily, while being caught red-handed in anything more blatant would definitely be...undesirable.

He applied to a clerical positon, as that would probably allow him the most freedom of movement within the buildings themselves. He still had the ID from the old Franzharia, though of course it had been updated to the current ID in use now. He had migrated with the Franharians, told to remain with the people until he was re-assigned, as he now was...

Indeed, the new procedures were a mixed blessing, one he would have to be careful with. But as long as he wasn't actually told to do anything other than observe or place the odd bug or two, he should be fine, as being in the wrong place could be explained away easily, while being caught red-handed in anything more blatant would definitely be...undesirable.

He applied to a clerical positon, as that would probably allow him the most freedom of movement within the buildings themselves. He still had the ID from the old Franzharia, though of course it had been updated to the current ID in use now. He had migrated with the Franzharians, told to remain with the people until he was re-assigned, as he now was...

As fate would have it, the agent was assigned to the offices of Lord Elric, a principal member of the Royal Court and the one who had helped engineer Elijah's rise to power. Elric was rarely in the office, but on this day he was. Almost immediately, something would strike the agent as odd about his new supervisor. He was familiar to him somehow......perhaps too familiar.

(OOC: Elric is Ranather Rukia in disguise and there are some things about a man's face and demeanor you just cannot hide, so I figured that line would be logical.)

As fate would have it, the agent was assigned to the offices of Lord Elric, a principal member of the Royal Court and the one who had helped engineer Elijah's rise to power. Elric was rarely in the office, but on this day he was. Almost immediately, something would strike the agent as odd about his new supervisor. He was familiar to him somehow......perhaps too familiar.

(OOC: Elric is Ranather Rukia in disguise and there are some things about a man's face and demeanor you just cannot hide, so I figured that line would be logical.)

OOC: Got it.

IC: The agent blinked. There was something almost eerily familiar about Elric. He struggled to remember who the man reminded him of, and even with his nearly photgraphic memory, it took him several minutes to figure out that he was reminded of Ranather Rukia. But that was absurd. That man was dead. Wasn't he?

The thought remained on his mind as he got to work organizing some files...

OOC: He won't figure it out for certain unless 'Elric' makes a blatant slip or simply tells someone outright.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Got it.

IC: The agent blinked. There was something almost eerily familiar about Elric. He struggled to remember who the man reminded him of, and even with his nearly photgraphic memory, it took him several minutes to figure out that he was reminded of Ranather Rukia. But that was absurd. That man was dead. Wasn't he?

The thought remained on his mind as he got to work organizing some files...

OOC: He won't figure it out for certain unless 'Elric' makes a blatant slip or simply tells someone outright.

OOC: Would I be correct in assuming this is also the same man whom Ranather met in that alleyway? If not I'll edit.

---

IC: Elric noticed the man's gaze. Jotting something down on a piece of paper, he 'dropped' it at the man's feet as he walked past, pretending to be in a hurry. It simply had one word on it.

A very spooky "Yes."

OOC: Would I be correct in assuming this is also the same man whom Ranather met in that alleyway? If not I'll edit.

---

IC: Elric noticed the man's gaze. Jotting something down on a piece of paper, he 'dropped' it at the man's feet as he walked past, pretending to be in a hurry. It simply had one word on it.

A very spooky "Yes."

OOC: yes, but I don't believe he ever showed his face. I can't recall for certain--I'll have to double check.

EDIT: I checked in my list of threads. Fortunately, I haven't made a lot, so it's still visible on the first page. The upper face and chin were hidden from sight by his hat and coat, respectively, and he wore contacts and a wig to alter the color of his hair and eyes. But if Ranather's especially perceptive, he MIGHT recognize the man if he smiles, as the nose and mouth were still visible...

OOC: For simplicity's sake, let's say the agent did smile at least once while he was looking. I assume Ranather is by this time VERY perceptive. He would probably have to be, if he made it this far.

IC: Despite himself, the agent shivered once, then was still. There wasn't much he could do at the moment, as he did have his cover to maintain, which in turn meant he had to keep at his 'job.' But he'd be finding more out about this 'Lord Elric,' and if the man was a threat to Franzharian stability, he would be dealt with...

OOC: M'kay

IC:

Elric made his way among the maze-like building and throngs of workers. Confident he was now secluded, he made his way to a painting. Lifting it, he entered a code and entered a door, that soon closed as quickly as he entered......

----

Sometime later, General Larsa made his way into Elric's office. Save the agent it was now largely deserted, though Larsa didn't notice the man. He placed a non-descript letter under the door of Elric's office leaving a corner jutting out. Since he assumed the office was empty, he left quickly.

The letter was more of a blueprint titled: "R's Dragon's Den"

OOC: M'kay

IC:

Elric made his way among the maze-like building and throngs of workers. Confident he was now secluded, he made his way to a painting. Lifting it, he entered a code and entered a door, that soon closed as quickly as he entered......

----

Sometime later, General Larsa made his way into Elric's office. Save the agent it was now largely deserted, though Larsa didn't notice the man. He placed a non-descript letter under the door of Elric's office leaving a corner jutting out. Since he assumed the office was empty, he left quickly.

The letter was more of a blueprint titled: "R's Dragon's Den"

The agent had noted his entrance and exit without saying a word. Once Larsa was out of sight, his curiosity got the best of him, and he got up, walked over to the door, and picked up the letter...

OOC: Is it in a sealed envelope, or is it just the paper the letter's written on?

The agent had noted his entrance and exit without saying a word. Once Larsa was out of sight, his curiosity got the best of him, and he got up, walked over to the door, and picked up the letter...

OOC: Is it in a sealed envelope, or is it just the paper the letter's written on?

OOC: Larsa was bold enough to place it without an envelope.

OOC: Larsa was bold enough to place it without an envelope.

OOC: OK, got it.

IC: He unfolded the piece of paper,and saw, not words, but a blueprint of some sort. Well, there were words up at the top, reading "R's Dragon's Den." He memorized the blueprints, then folded the letter back exactly like it had been and put it back in exactly the same spot.

He then returned to finish the work he'd been assigned for the day...

Larsa made his way into the secret room not long after Elric.

"Larsa. It's time."

"So soon? Are you sure Elijah is ready for this?

"I am confident that you have done well, Larsa. He will be ready. He MUST be ready."

"THen there is no point in wasting any more time."

"Alright. Larsa, call a staff-wide junket, and call Elijah."

"Understood."

Withing 10mins the entire Capital Complex would ring out with a PA message calling all staff to the Central Celarium, where important meetings took place, as well as all members of the Court were called to assembly. No one, save Larsa and Elric, knew it's purpose but considering the location and size of the meeting. Something was happening, something big.

Larsa made his way into the secret room not long after Elric.

"Larsa. It's time."

"So soon? Are you sure Elijah is ready for this?

"I am confident that you have done well, Larsa. He will be ready. He MUST be ready."

"THen there is no point in wasting any more time."

"Alright. Larsa, call a staff-wide junket, and call Elijah."

"Understood."

Withing 10mins the entire Capital Complex would ring out with a PA message calling all staff to the Central Celarium, where important meetings took place, as well as all members of the Court were called to assembly. No one, save Larsa and Elric, knew it's purpose but considering the location and size of the meeting. Something was happening, something big.

He'd actually just managed to finish up what he was doing when the message was broadcast over the PA. Putting the box of sorted files away (boy, sorting those had been quite a tedious job, but someone had to do it), he exited the office, shutting the door behind him before merging with the stream of other staff members heading toward the Central Celarium.

He mused as to the purpose of this meeting, and he overheard several other staff members doing the same thing, asking each other what they thought this thing was all about...

Confident that everyone had made it in, Elric wasted no time in speaking.

Your Majesty, Members of the Principal Court, and Staff Members.

You are probably wondering why I have called this meeting. It is because I have something to share that I feel you all deserve to hear."

Elric turned to Elijah, who looked at him quizzically, but with a strange sense of understanding.

"Your Majesty, you are the son of a great man, one whom was thought lost long ago. But I think you have come to realize the truth?"

"Lord Elric. I have seen the signs, and though I was reluctant to accept the possibility at first, I have come to an understanding. If you are who you say you are, then reveal yourself. I can take it."

Elric simply nodded as he removed his colored hairpieces and a strip of rubber epoxy from his face revealing a talon-shaped scar on the left side of his face. The silver-platinum crop cut and steel-blue eyes were now unmistakeable.

"Then it is true, you are my father?"

"Yes, I am Ranather Rukia. I present to you, my son and King, the Imperial Iyunicite. Our sacred Jewel. As well as this vial of my lifeblood, to have your scientists test at leisure."

The whole room sat in stunned silence.

Edited by Ranather