Transvaal World Cup III

Botha

What format for playoffs?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, we now have 40 entries (8 more than in the previous two tournaments) :awesome:

Make that 41 entries.... Voobaha is taking the daring step of moving from mediocrity in Liga Mundo into the glare of the global spotlight

NATION: Voobaha

RULER: Voobaha

NATION LINK: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=303304

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: USA

and I'm up for friendlies if someone needs cannon fodder.

Edited by Voobaha

POOL FORMAT

In the previous tournaments, there have been 4 pools with the best 4 teams advancing into the Final-16. I'm thinking of changing that to an 8 pool format with the best 2 teams advancing to the playoffs. Comments? Vote.

I won't vote in the poll, I want to see what the participant and fan consensous is.

Edited by Botha

I like consistency

So do I and that wil be a factor in my decision.

The only thing is with staying with 4 pools with 10+ teams in them, the preliminary round might drag out for more than three weeks - as well become unmanageble. If I were able to use the old FIFA'02 platform, then no problem. But using FIFA'05 is going to be a lot more work for the pool round.

One thing I am noticing with the friendlies played so far is there *shouldn't* be the blow-outs we've seen in the playoffs in previous years. All games played so far have been relatively close and down to the wire - even when there are what should be talent gaps.

For example, Arcadian Empire has one of the stronger squads yet both of its friendlies needed extra time or shoot-outs.

Also I think it is safe to say that every team has a shot at making the Final 16 Playoffs - in previous years we usually had 4 to 6 basketcase teams that struggled to win even one game... just ask Sooners - although this time out he's going into new territory from being ranked in the bottom 4 ranking to being in the top 4.

Actually, Arctica is 43.

I'm looking for one more entry to give us 44 nations so that I can have 4 pools of 11. After that I'm going to cut it off early, so I can start organising things.

If I don't get a 44th entry then I'll just create a second Transvaler team to take up the spot as a dummy team. Since I cannot take any of the prize winnings it won't matter on the outcome.

Actually Botha, how about if Transvaal had a seperatist state that participated? It could do with good RP.

As in, this group of towns claim they are independant and want their own place in the Transvaal World Cup because they claim your selectors are discriminating against their group of towns, so they declare themselves independant and force themselves into the competition.

Yeah? Yeah?

Okay folks... due to logitsical problems with trying to run a 44-team tournament in FIFA2005, I am pretty much forced to have a qualifying round (before the preliminary round robin) to weed out the weakers teams and reduce the number of teams in the main preliminary round to 32.

The four weakest squads in each pool will play a qualifying round against each other, the winner moving on to the preliminary round:

QUALIFYING ROUND - MARCH 1-3, 2009

POOL 'A'

Prince Edward Island

Sarnungian Republic

Viniland

Voobaha

POOL 'B'

Jutopia Land

MLW worldwide

Checors

Uralica

POOL 'C'