Transvaal World Cup III

Botha

What format for playoffs?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Botha, I was wondering how to pronounce your name.

The Afrikaans o is like the o in pot or aw in law. Also it can vary as some Afrikaans speakers say their o with a short w-sound in front of it, so sometimes you hear Bot-a/Bawt-a or Bwot-a/Bwawt-a.

Here's an Afrikaans newsclip of PW Botha's death, you can hear his name said thoughout it.

Afrikaans is not my first language (I can read/write but not speak very well) so even I have problems pronouncing it sometimes. Many of the vowels in Afrikaans are unusual to English ears and very subtle in difference. I've also heard the o almost like a short oo in book.

Botha is actually a nickname given to me - not my real name. No, sorry I don't follow cricket. I live in Canada and have enough problems just trying to get news about the rugby.

Edited by Botha

ENTRY FORM

NATION: Deutschland

RULER: Kaiser Martens

NATION LINK: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...p?Nation_ID=965

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: Germany is taken D : In its abscence, the best (or less worse) team from any of the remaining Germanic nations will do.

Judging by how many teams Botha offered us, I'd say you can choose Germany :P

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: Germany is taken D : In its abscence, the best (or less worse) team from any of the remaining Germanic nations will do.

National teams aren't being used because there's not enough to go round - so in your case you will have a 5-star rated Bundesliga club represent you.

National teams aren't being used because there's not enough to go round - so in your case you will have a 5-star rated Bundesliga club represent you.

Does this mean theres a Japanese team I can use? or is Fifa still stubbornly refusing to put them in their games

Does this mean theres a Japanese team I can use? or is Fifa still stubbornly refusing to put them in their games

No, no J-League teams (probably licensing issues). I don't recall if there is even a Japanese national team in '05 (there was one in '02)

No, no J-League teams (probably licensing issues). I don't recall if there is even a Japanese national team in '05 (there was one in '02)

OOC: The Japanese FA refuses to let a non-Japanese company use J-League products. Only Pro Evolution (by Konami) has them.

IC: I am so screwed :P

Due to recent political events, we ask Transvaal to allow us to provide additional security for our team; we have a feeling they will not be welcome in South Africa

"Let's see what the situation is like closer to when the tournament starts. There have been previous instances of other nations with prior, poor relations which have been made welcome at the tournament.

Apart from that one time in the Nordreich Cup when we had a Boer streaker go make a political rant on the pitch, politics have been left out of the tournament."

- Bartnel Botha, Minister of Sport & Athletics

FIFOB Stamp of Approval:

FIFOB.gif

FIFOB approves this tourney, good luck to all you participating in the tourney run by the Football Savior of Planet Bob. For without Botha, who knows where Football would be today on Bob.

Edited by njndirish

Our first entry, here's hoping we do well.

NATION: Sarnungian Republic

RULER: Sargun

NATION LINK: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=150854

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: Germany (I am doing this one right, right?)

OOC: You probably want to use an African Based team, as this is, as you might say, CNRP's football tourney

OOC: You probably want to use an African Based team, as this is, as you might say, CNRP's football tourney

There are none - as we'll be relying on club teams used in FIFA'05 to represent our squads, not national teams.

Edited by Botha