Jump to content

Transvaal World Cup III


Botha
 Share

What format for playoffs?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

a0kpk6.jpg

TRANSVAAL WORLD CUP III

The Staatsregeringministrie vir Sport en Atletiese van Transvaal (Department for Sport and Athletics of Transvaal) and the Transvaal Voetbalsvereniging (Transvaal Association Football Union) are pleased to announce the decision to host the prestigious, third annual Transvaal World Cup in March 2009.

Nordreich Cup / Transvaal Cup 2007 – champion Reich Chancellor; finalist King Christian I

Transvaal World Cup II 2008 – champion Paraganea; finalist Mac Land

Transvaal World Cup III 2009

- Deadline to sign up is 11:59pm February 27, 2009

- Preliminary Pool Assignment and tournament schedule will be released February 28

- First matches start March 1

PRIZE MONEY

The following prize money will be awarded by the Federal Government of Transvaal as foreign aid (any alliance surrender or war restrictions shall apply):

1st place = $3,000,000

2nd place = $2,000,000

3rd place = $1,000,000

4th place = $750,000

5th place = $500,000

NOTE: Transvaal's finish does not count towards prize money

ARBITRATION

- Botha is the final arbitrator of all decisions regarding the tournament.

- FIFA2005 is the AI platform for managing and playing out the tournament.

ENTRIES

- entries are made under your in-game nation name; RP entities will not be accepted

TEAM ASSIGMENT

- pre-set stock teams in FIFA2005 will be assigned to represent your national squads.

- you pick one of the following nationalities to represent your team:

England, Scotland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Korea, USA, Brazil, or Mexico.

Team assigned will be determined by me based on your nationality selection as well as a couple of secret factors. Previous tournament participation will improve the quality of your team:

- new entrants will have a 3-star team assigned

- nations that participated in one previous soccer tournament hosted by Transvaal shall have a 4-star team assigned

- nations which participated in both the Nordreich Cup and Transvaal Cup I will have a 5-star team assigned

The identity of your assigned team will be revealed when the pools are announced

MATCH RULES

- preliminary round-robin games can end in win, loss, or draw; 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw.

- single-game knock out games are played under Transvaal Football Union rules for deciding draws: if both teams are drawn after 90 minutes, sudden-death overtime is played for 30 minutes (2 x 15 minute periods). If still drawn after extra-time, then a shootout will follow.

ENTRY FORM

NATION:

RULER:

NATION LINK:

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: (see list above)

ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS

Transvaal *****

Franzharia ***

Arcadian Empire ****

Mac Land ****

Magna Roma ***

Killallippies ***

Sooners *****

Dragonia ***

MLW worldwide ***

Kevodia ***

Dun Carrig ****

Delta Omega ***

The Cheeselands ****

Prince Edward Island ***

Uralica ***

Neo Japan ****

Tahoe ****

Cataduanes ****

Cainian Epire ***

J Andres ****

Avinyon ***

Melloria ****

Deutschland *****

VolNation ****

Children of Odin *****

Costa Libertad ****

Sarnungian Republic ***

Viniland ***

Zelderex ***

Articuno Islands ***

Irlande ***

Asgard ***

Kelton ***

Quadonia ***

UDCR ***

CaVala ***

Azerbaijani Republic ***

Tritonia ***

Jutopia Land ***

Checors ***

Voobaha ***

Valhala ***

Arctica ***

Windhoek Welwitschia (X11) ***

Edited by Botha
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to things due to your capital placement...?

Unfortunately I can no longer do that now since my FIFA2002 died on me last summer.

Unfortunately FIFA2005 doesn't have the vast number of national squads that '02 did. I now have to reply on club teams and as you can see almost all those are based in Europe. It would make it real difficult to assign African, Asian, Central American, Middle Eastern, etc. squads if I used the capital requirement.

Also some longtime participants, Sooners comes first and foremost to mind, have been screwed from being based in weak soccer locations - while logic says that their squads would be getting better each year from participation. This format will make the tournament a lot closer in out-come - we won't have the half-dozen lame-duck squads like there's been every year in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also some longtime participants, Sooners comes first and foremost to mind, have been screwed from being based in weak soccer locations - while logic says that their squads would be getting better each year from participation. This format will make the tournament a lot closer in out-come - we won't have the half-dozen lame-duck squads like there's been every year in the past.[/color]

hahaha ya no kidding eh.

NATION: Sooners

RULER: hizzy

NATION LINK: nation

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: Germany

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NATION: Dun Carrig

RULER: Steodonn

NATION LINK: http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...land%20Republic

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: (see list above): England

Dun Carrig finished in 18th place

From last year lets see how far I can get that up. Neo Japan better join I have to beat them :P ( Last year was the first time I ever lost to them)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NATION: Prince Edward Island

RULER: Machiabelly

NATION LINK: Clicky

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: I am in Canada, but my main nationality is Celtic. My citizens would be about 40% Scottish, With the other 60% being a mix of many things with probably French being the highest of nations mentioned above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NATIONALITY OF TEAM: I am in Canada, but my main nationality is Celtic. My citizens would be about 40% Scottish, With the other 60% being a mix of many things with probably French being the highest of nations mentioned above.

Pick something from that list which you think is most appropriate... Scottish, French, USA (since you are located in North America), etc. otherwise I will go with Scotland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If more than 32 teams sign-up then the 3-star teams will be entered into a qualifying round to make the 32-team preliminary round.

In previous years I've capped the number of entries at 32, but based on what i've seen for other torunaments lately I suspect we'll see more than that sign-up and I don't want to turn anyone away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Botha, I was wondering how to pronounce your name.

I was watching the cricket and I saw Johan Botha has the captain of the cricket team, are you named after him...? Are you a fan of cricket? And is it actually pronounced "Boy-tah" or whatever the commentators said?

Oh yeah, I'll be screaming at Legionnaires to be signing up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...