Scatter The Gathered Lights

Margrave

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Assume this is after Kawasaki Shozo ordered his people to evacuate to Niflheim

OOC: Too late, Mudd.

There were approximately 500,000 DKT refugees

OOC: No, that's ALL types of people. All of the Fuyo-clann had already left except for the industrialists left.

IC: All of the Fuyo-clann had left during the mass moving that started two months ago. It was certainly interesting at how Kawasaki was now the head of an essentially non-Fuyo-clann population in this conflict.

'At least those barbaric Tahoans wouldn't be able to do much.'

He had to chuckled.

Edited by Sumeragi

OOC: No, that's ALL types of people. All of the Fuyo-clann had already left except for the industrialists left.

No, no they didn't. You can't retroactively say things happened without RPing them previously. Can you prove to me you started moving these people from Camberlain to Niflheim IN LARGE NUMBERS two months ago? No, you can't. I attacked right after this mess started, because, as your favorite complaint is, you have to give people a chance to respond before moving on with the RP.

Whining is cute for 3 year olds, but it gets kinda old after a while

Almost too late, the pilot of the C-130 saw sense. The SpecOps were always equipped for HALO jumps, and in the dead of night, with black chutes, nobody would see them coming. As soon as everthing was in place, the doors opened and the jump light turned green. From 30,000 feet, 40 black-clad figures jumped into the sky over Wellington, opening there chutes a mere 7,000 feet above the ground. They were extremely well trained, and the sight the first jumper picked out was a large clearing on a hilltop, mercifully absent of Anti Air weapons. A few of there number were missing, and had probably hit trees. There was no helping them in any case. The 33 remaining men proceeded to what their patchy intel marked as the rebel HQ.

In the skies above, the pilot and the mission co-ordinator shared a look, before looking for a suitable airfield where he wouldn't be shot to pieces.

Tsk tsk. Sumeragi is such a trouble maker she has her very own mod to keep her on a leash. How amusing.

OOC: Try reading, Mudd.

That was yesterday. Good luck getting anybody out of a city in less than a day, much less anywhere approaching a large number. Admirable try though, almost had me

Edited by Emperor Mudd

OOC: Put a sock in it.

OOC: Can those who don't care about the DKT issue continue?

OOC: Entire thread please.

Tsk tsk. Sumeragi is such a trouble maker she has her very own mod to keep her on a leash. How amusing

OOC: Put a cork in it Mudd.

Also, in before bias.

Edited by MercyFallout

Several C-130s flew out of the clouds at 50000 feet outside of Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland and several teams of rangers parachuted in and moved off into the shadows, Several hummers were also dropped on cargo parachutes to give them transport.

When they landed they quickly got into the vehicles and drove off into the night to search for remnants of the forces loyal to the Margrave and provide a liaison with his forces and the main forces.

Black ops

Several 15 man teams of ranger veterans have been dropped into the countryside, They will observe the locations of the rebel and DKT forces and pass this information on to central command to process. They have strict do not fire unless fired upon rules of engagement. They also have orders to capture or eliminate senior rebel and DKT officers if they encounter them and it is practical without endangering the primary mission, They will use hit & run tactics in this circumstance and attack at the maximum range of a Barrett 50cal sniper rifle in this circumstance, first disabling the vehicles and then eliminating any guards and then capture the officer, if this is not practical they will simply just shoot the officer and run, however capture will be the highest priority. Several Chinook transport/heavy lift helicopters have been lent to the Tahoe forces for their use and for use if the ranger teams catch anyone or need extraction.

Whining is cute for 3 year olds, but it gets kinda old after a while
Tsk tsk. Sumeragi is such a trouble maker she has her very own mod to keep her on a leash. How amusing.

Completely unnecessary.

As for the actual issue in hand. I am inclined to agree with his point that he was not given a chance to respond. However the thread was progressing rather rapidly in general. Taking both of these into consideration, the ships were loaded and launched, half of them are still within strike range. If he wishes to attack them still he is welcome to. Let it be so.

*Message to Neo Olympia*

We have detected several planes from your nation approaching New Zealand. They shall turn around or be shot down. Rockport shall not have everyone and their mother landing troops on these islands.

*In Northland*

Progress was being made against the sparse resistance, and the two objectives were in sight, with just a a few more km to go for the day.

With air fields and ports beginning to open up to Rockportian ships, the 6th Carrier Battle group was ordered to divert course towards Australia.

Classified Message to Rockport

It seems your objectives are well towards being in hand, we will begin to hand ports and air fields over as soon as your forces are sufficiently deployed at these locations to keep them secure.

We'll hand over any Camberlain POWs to you, we are going to keep the DKT ones assuming you have no objections.

Maelstrom peered at a monitor, showing all the refugee ships leaving the island of New Zealand in the wake of this humanitarian catastrophe. Only a very benevolent and merciful soul kept him from giving an order that would send every single one of the citizens of a former empire lead by war criminals straight tot he bottom of the ocean using the massive missile web that was now tightening around the Australian continent as they returned from their global jog.

A broadcast was made to the world, "Let it be known, that in our mercy, we will not kill the sheep with the wolves. The people of the of the former terrorist state of the DKT now fleeing the geographic territory of New Zealand are spared the wrath of our Sea-Crawler web in our benevolence."

The Dragon Empire coast guard however, was on active duty, turning away any potential refugees from territorial shorelines.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

As for the actual issue in hand. I am inclined to agree with his point that he was not given a chance to respond. However the thread was progressing rather rapidly in general. Taking both of these into consideration, the ships were loaded and launched, half of them are still within strike range. If he wishes to attack them still he is welcome to. Let it be so.

OOC: Fair enough. I'll assume this thread replaces my earlier one, so LVN if you have objections to this attack, re-raise them like you did before. You can just repost the exact same you told me before, if you want. Remember, this attack is BEFORE most of what has already happened in the thread to replace my previous post based on the mod's decision.

IC:

Christchurch, Camberlain

Shortly after the declaration of the Nordic Remnant by Duke Heilgriv...

The city was in an uproar following the annoucement by Duke Heilgriv. So much so, nobody noticed the dark speck high in the clear blue sky.

Aboard the carrier LT California, making routine patrols in the South Pacific technicians watched as video signals came in from the UCAV scouting Kyokujitsan Christchurch. It was evident many people were moving towards the harbor and many ships of all sizes were taking people aboard or preparing to pick up refugees. About half of the small fleet of ships in and around Christchurch that would be used to pick up refugees were already at sea, but in strike range.

Admiral Caoimhín MacGearailt ordered a flight of fighter-bombers to take off and prevent the escape of the vessels carrying the Kyokujitsan refugees. About 15 minutes later, 12 F/A-18's roared off the deck of the California towards Christchurch. They were quickly followed by 12 more F-35's. After a relatively short flight of 1.5 hours, they approached the city. Ordering a wing of four aircraft to remain as top cover, the commander of the sortie brought his aircraft into a steep dive, approaching the city at wavetop height. Splitting into two groups, one flight roared over the downtown part of the city, sending residents scrambling for cover while the other roared over the harbor.

314 Squadron (the F-35's) engaged any target of potential military application in and around the city, as well as providing top cover to prevent enemy aircraft from approaching.

78 Squadron equipped with F/A-18's sought targets in both Christchurch and at sea. In Christchurch, they hit four ships with bombs and missiles, blocking the harbor mouth partially. It would take weeks to clear the wreckage to allow for any ship larger than 25 feet in width to leave. At sea, they buzzed over the fleet. One fighter shot with its machine gun over the bow of the leading ship, signaling it to stop. The aircraft circled overhead, waiting for the fleets reaction as two high speed frigates were detached from the battle group a few hundred miles away and raced towards the fleet to interdict it.

OOC: If you want the fleet to surrender without bloodshed, have them stop or raise a white flag or something, otherwise I'll blow them up.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

*Message to Neo Olympia*

We have detected several planes from your nation approaching New Zealand. They shall turn around or be shot down. Rockport shall not have everyone and their mother landing troops on these islands.

*In Northland*

Progress was being made against the sparse resistance, and the two objectives were in sight, with just a a few more km to go for the day.

*message to Rockport*

They were supply planes delivering several transport helicopters to Tahoe and diplomatic delegation to attempt to locate and assist the Margrave, hardly an invasion force. unless you consider my diplomats to be that formidable.

*Black ops* (OOC: Black ops are classified & deniable operations, the rangers will have nothing to betray their origins and have generic weapons & civilian clothing...)

The ranger teams continue their surveillance mission and pass on all information to the Francoist union.

Upon completion of the mission the men will join the diplomatic mission , after first obtaining uniforms from them at a dead drop and leave on their transports.

OOC: I'll assume that you also gave out the following message

People of Former Kyokujitso Teikoku. You are not to leave your homes or businesses. Remain indoors and you will be safe. Do not attempt to flee the city by land, sea or air.

IC: The ships stopped, and the refugees, composed of Celtics, looked up at the menacing fighters flying around

Meanwhile, back at the city......

Kawasaki had to chuckled when he heard the message from the Tahoans

Almost all of the Fuyo-clann had left during the mass moving that started two months ago. It was certainly interesting at how Kawasaki was now the head of an essentially non-Fuyo-clann population in this conflict.

'At least those barbaric Tahoans wouldn't be able to do much.'

OOC: Oh no you don't, the refugees are from both the Fuyo-Clan and Nords. Half are in the city, half in the ships. Almost none of your people have moved yet, seeing that the thread you cited as the example of them moving was from two days ago (technically yesteday as that is when this took place). You're not getting out of this one.

IC:

The Tahoe Republic has issued an arrest warrant for Kawasaki Shozo, as we have reason to believe he is associated with former DKT terrorists and responsible for anti Ferrous Pacific actions.

Seeing the ships slow down, the pilots of 78 Squadron took up defensive positions, circling the fleet. One ship tried to run by breaking formation and was destroyed, however. That was the only incident of violence.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

OOC: Oh no you don't, the refugees are from both the Fuyo-Clan and Nords. Half are in the city, half in the ships. Almost none of your people have moved yet, seeing that the thread you cited as the example of them moving was from two days ago (technically yesteday as that is when this took place). You're not getting out of this one.

IC:

The Tahoe Republic has issued an arrest warrant for Kawasaki Shozo, as we have reason to believe he is associated with former DKT terrorists and responsible for anti Ferrous Pacific actions.

Seeing the ships slow down, the pilots of 78 Squadron took up defensive positions, circling the fleet. One ship tried to run by breaking formation and was destroyed, however. That was the only incident of violence.

OOC: The first sentance, in the first post, of this thread lists this all starting two months after the move Mudd

OOC: It can say whatever it wants. The move was announced February first and so cannot have been completed. It is, as HK 47 stated, halfway done. Half of the people are on ships within strike range of aircraft (which could be within a thousand miles) and the other half are still in the city. Don't argue with me, argue with the mod who made a ruling.

EDIT: Time is relative in RP, but not that relative. Months worth of movement can't happen in one day. A few days might happen in one RL day to speed along an RP, but this is not one of those cases.

Edited by Emperor Mudd

OOC: It can say whatever it wants. The move was announced February first and so cannot have been completed. It is, as HK 47 stated, halfway done. Half of the people are on ships within strike range of aircraft (which could be within a thousand miles) and the other half are still in the city. Don't argue with me, argue with the mod who made a ruling.

EDIT: Time is relative in RP, but not that relative. Months worth of movement can't happen in one day. A few days might happen in one RL day to speed along an RP, but this is not one of those cases.

OOC: 1: stop making my thread start and stop, everytime I put out a thread we have to have a mod ruling because you keep bawwing about it. Also, I can't move all my people in the period between this post and the last one, but you have instant Carrier arrival? really?

Also, I edited the OP's OOC, please take note of it before you continue posting.

OOC: Not my fault Sumeragi does everything she can to get around legitimate RPs and has to be reined in by the mods. I just call her on her BS. I have had constant carrier deployment to the South Pacific since the end of the Pacific War. And actually, I have my carriers deployed around the world at all times and have had that same system since before you RPed. There is one in the east pacific, one in the north atlantic, two by Tahoe, one in the Caribbean currently.

We see no need. We have 4 CBG's in theatre already, with 100,000 troops on the ground. This gives us a 5:1 advantage over the armed forces of Camberlain, and with four divisions from UFE, we see no out come other than triumph over the Nordic Directorate. Additional troops in theatre would simply complicate this mission.

"Understood." The moment the RA forces had received the message, they began to head home.