Scatter The Gathered Lights

Margrave

Camberlain, Auckland:

*Two months after the Population Move*

It began in the darkness.

A phone rang in the center of a room underground. Liselle, sitting under one pale light, picked it up.

"It is time? Very well. We shall see what shall come of this next great upheaval. So mote it be."

She signaled to a servant, one of the Royal Knights who had sworn to her. "Give the order to begin."

Centcom Missile Command, Wellington

Bodies lie about the hidden underground facility as the Cadre agents did their deadly work. Having killed off the mostly Nordic command staff, they watched impassively as a selected group of technicians hurriedly readied all 50 CM's for launch. The contents of their warheads were quickly being filled with weaponry far beyond the old nerve agents employed by Camberlain...instead being filled with F a mixture of deadly chemical gasses, nerve agents and biological weapons. Some of the agents inside were smallpox and mustard gas, which comprised about half the cargo, due to its ease of manufacture. However, other things like VX nerve gas, biologically engineered hemorrhagic fevers, spore based bacteria, Botulism toxin and deadly fungi were all contained. It was the Black Wind...and it would be death to their enemies. As they prepared to launch, they readied the other weapon, which would remove the enemies communication...and make way for a new future. Even as the National Government network accesses were brought on screen, commands were given to override every computer system that wouldn't be affected...and effectively black out the entirety of the New Zealand Territory.

Off The Coast

The elite squadrons of the Camberlain Air Corps had been rapidly ordered to deploy, pilots stumbling into their planes. Their destination was to be the Marchen province. Flying with them was a fleet of Airbuses that had been loaded with Marines, many grabbed up randomly as an Executive Order had ordered them to leave with all speed to the Marchen Isles, and Niflheim. Although much of the military infrastructure remained behind, several thousand men were crammed aboard those flights, all wandering what the hell was happening in the capital...

As they reached Wayfarer's Station, the two flight groups split off, one heading south, the other east, to the military territories of the Marchen...

Meanwhile, in military bases across Camberlain, soldiers and Cadre agents were gathering. Although orders had been unclear, there seemed to be some kind of disturbance in the capital. The gathered warriors could only look to the north..and hope that whatever had happened, they would see the light of another day.

Back in Wellington

The underground facility was alive with intense action as 50 of the latest cruise missiles were prepped with the vile weaponry imported from abroad. Having fully prepared them, the launch command was given...and fifty weapons of mass destruction launched together in coordinated flight, a cloud of killing angels directed towards one foe: the Taiwanese Empire...Military bases had of course been marked, their general location public information, but so had several large population centers...and heaven only knew what madness would occur once the missiles reached their final destination.

Across the Territories of Camberlain

Every station on the television was suddenly overridden; children watching cartoons and old men watching the news were suddenly confronted with a horrific new image, that of a fully decorated Nordic general and Lord, speaking out words that terrified even the bravest hearts:

Duke Heilgriv: "We, the Nordic Remnant, will no longer tolerate the inferior rulership of a weak halfblooded king who consorts with foreign Jezebel's and fails to follow the code of his ancestors. We, the Order Of The Kaiser, now stand united with our brethren in what was once Camberlain. We have used our control of the government offices of the whey-blooded King, and the weapons we purchased in the name of his weakness will now be our great strength! We are well armed, and we will together overthrow this weak half-man king and his whey-blooded tribe of Marchar. Our brothers, sworn to the same noble cause, shall be our aid in the south, Kyokujitsujin brethren who, with our aid, shall establish their homeland in the southern island. To the people of Kyokujitsu, I say: Join us, overthrow your prison guards and aid us in the establishment of a strong national power, one that will protect both the Nordic Remnant and the Kyokujitsujin bloodline. We also promise death to the false and lowly people of the Taiwanese Empire...Their traitorous actions endangered the Nordic race, and showed what a lowly and inferior people they are. Now they shall suffer, as the Valkyries themselves deliver death upon them!

"Hail the Kaiser! Hail Nordland, and the Thousand Year Order! Death and Shame to our enemies!"

This was the last broadcast before everything went white.

Wellington

As the assembled Cadre agents and technicians watched the missiles leave Camberlain airspace, the other weapon was prepared: a non-nuclear EMP weapon so powerful it would temporarily knock out most of the communications abilities of the government...and the nation. Some time before, the master codes had been activated, and all across Camberlain, computer systems were shorted out, turned off, and shut down. Now, only the National Computer Infrastructure remained...and shortly, it would be no more.

The EMP weapon was almost beautiful as it departed the facility, flying high above the city of Wellington. Although non-nuclear in nature, the massive electro-magnetic pulse it promised to generate was enough to crash all remaining communications. Word had been given hours before to agents adept at passing information, and the hasty withdraw of the Pacific Corps to areas marked off as safe was an almost immediate occurrence. In Auckland and Christchurch, other EMP weapons were detonated, putting the remainder of the Island nation under an immediate cloak of darkness.

The end of The Wandering Age had begun.

OOC: All the weapons mentioned here are LVN's tech, not mine...so have fun with that. Also, if it isn't clear, the weapons and tech are coming from LVN's terrorists, not Rockport's government, and it/they were legit purchases by the old government, not a terrorist organization per se.

OOC EDIT: Thanks to all the useless cluttering and stopping, I'm closing this rp to the UFE, Sumer, Me, Leventnoir, and the Australian powers.

Edited by Margrave

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neo Franzharia is extremely confused by the reports coming out of Camberlain.

One broken up broadcast on a semi-restricted channel made it to Franzharia:

"Elija*Snikt* *Bzzt*...ather is dead, they*Bzzt*.......We will prote.....Prevails!"

One broken up broadcast on a semi-restricted channel made it to Franzharia:

"Elija*Snikt* *Bzzt*...ather is dead, they*Bzzt*.......We will prote.....Prevails!"

**Classified**

"What can we make of this?"

"I do not know, Lord. I fear the worst."

"I want that frequency monitored 24/7, if you get so much as a sports score, I want to know!"

"Yes, Lord Elijah."

**End Of**

International Announcement From The Nordic Directorate

Duke Heilgriv: "We, the Directorate, have established ourselves as the new, legitimate government over the New Zealand territories. We will no longer follow the weak Marchar in their desires for slavery for the Nordic people or our DKT brethren. We shall ensure the safety of all Nordic citizens of our government, and shall move to eradicate the whey-blooded weaklings that have chained us down.

"HAIL THE DIRECTORATE!"

Edited by Margrave

The Enlightened Technocracy of Rockport is highly disturbed by reports of a chemical / biological weapon that sounds very much the that used against our lands.

This is evidently work of Spiderweb, even worse they are in coalition with this new 'Nordic Directorate". After the attack on our lands, we revoked their right to life, and so, we are deploying 2/3 of our fleet with five mechanised divisions to Camberlain. This is to hunt the Spiderweb and ensure a stable state, not under the rule of mass murderers and their stooges.

*Classified*

Divisions I through X were moved from their barracks to preloaded transport ships, while 4 Carriers, 10 Interdictors and 20 Supercruisers started their movement towards New Zealand. Cruising at 140knots, they would be there in a short time.

CAPs were flown, but other wise this was a speed run, trying to get the navy's and army's force into theatre as soon as possible.

*On board of one of the Carriers*

LVN smiled. Things were looking much better now.

Edited by LeVentNoir

International Announcement From The Nordic Directorate

Duke Heilgriv: "We, the Directorate, have established ourselves as the new, legitimate government over the New Zealand territories. We will no longer follow the weak Marchar in their desires for slavery for the Nordic people or our KDT brethren. We shall ensure the safety of all Nordic citizens of our government, and shall move to eradicate the whey-blooded weaklings that have chained us down.

"HAIL THE DIRECTORATE!"

"I don't know who you think you are but you have a big mouth. I encourage the world to disregard the ravings of this madman."

King Elijah I

Emergency Message From The Loyalist Forces Of The Marchar

*Broadcast Two days after the riots and conflicts begin*

Liselle stood in front of a hastily arranged camcorder. Noises emerged throughout the video as large riots had begun outside, seeming to be the very revolution the Directorate had promised. The camera shook as mortar rounds hit the hall, and the sounds of gunfire erupted out of the camera's scope. She began speaking, quickly, as soon as the camera turned on.

"This is the Margravine Liselle, chief of the Marchar people and daughter of the Margrave Khendon. I call to the international community at this terrible hour of need to inform them that a great conflict has begun in the environs of Camberlain. The mass blackout has effected most electronics, and by the time this reaches the nations it needs to, it might already be too late.

"My father is dead...dead by the treachery of Nords and KDT posing as friends. Our false friends in the region have abandoned us diplomatically, leaving us vulnerable. I plead now with the two nations I know will stop this great evil happening to my people; Rockport and the UFE. We use our authority as lawful heir to the Margrave Khendon to authorize their military and political involvement....for the duration."

She bowed before the camera, then fell as another blast rocked the hall. She shouted to someone off-screen:"Swiftly! Get the children and women out first! flee north to Whangarei!"

She turned back to the camera, her brilliant eyes shining. "Come quickly, I pray. We will hold off the revolutionaries as best we can until then.*

Immediately, a C-130 transport was dispatched to Camberlain, along with this mesage to Liselle.

"If you can reach the airport at Auckland 3 hours from recieving this message, we will evacuate you to New Cymru.

Inside were 30 SpecOps soldiers, ready to defend against any attack, to the death if necessary.

Rockport has already answered the call of Margravine Liselle. Our ships departed two days ago, and are about 25 hours from Wellington. We will aid her in recreating the nation under a new, more responsible government.

OOC: 10595 Nautical miles at 140 Knots = 75 hours.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Immediately, a C-130 transport was dispatched to Camberlain, along with this mesage to Liselle.

"If you can reach the airport at Auckland 3 hours from recieving this message, we will evacuate you to New Cymru.

Inside were 30 SpecOps soldiers, ready to defend against any attack, to the death if necessary.

The message was recieved in the fortified areas around Whangarei; as soldiers loyal to the Margravine fought Nords who feared their own utter destruction, and soldiers who followed the "new" government.

"My thanks to you, but I cannot abandon my people to this fate. We will hold out in the north until reinforcements arrive. If you have any forces inbound, use them to evacuate any citizens you have in the country."

::Edict from the Throne::

While this conflict is distant from the lands of Dranagg, the recent escalations, and this latest transmission, has sent the 1st infantry Division and 2nd & 5th mechanized company of the Dranagg Regular army to Port Ross, 20 KM from Ross Island, as a protection force for the harbour.

This is occuring due to the fact it is the only port of significant size in the Ross Sea area, and potential for mis-use by foreign militaries is growing the more troubling the events in Camberline become.

Houkou (Christchurch)

The sudden blackout startled a tired Kawasaki Shozo, who wsa still dealing with the aftermath of that blasted conference with the barbaric Tahoan.

"What the-"

An aide rushes into the door.

"Duke Heilgriv announced that he's taking over the government, calling for us to join him!"

"Dang it, how many people are left in South Island?"

"Approximately 500,000!"

"Get them onto the company container ships, now!"

Two days later

Most of the South Island population has been moved to Niflheim, with only about 100,000 Fuyo-clann people left. Soon, the island would be emptied of people, people who were loyal to the Margrave.

Kawasaki sent a short message to the surviving Margravine.

"We shall follow you anywhere, Lady. Give us a command."

Neo Olympia MILCOM HQ situation room.

Deep in a hidden bunker a crew of about fifty techs worked on control consoles that were arranged in rows facing a bank of large plasma screen monitors. On these monitors there were was a large map of the world with the locations of all the military assets of Neo Olympia and her allies and the various things that they were tracking on radar and by various other means.

Suddenly a spot in the Tasman sea flashed red, Major General Heidi Smithe who had command of the bunker looked up and said "Put that alert signal on the main screen" With that the map of the world disappeared from the main screens and was replaced with a detailed map of the Tasman sea, In the centre was an icon representing the Neo Olympian Technical Research vessel "Acuity" and it was showing that it had detected fifteen fast moving targets who's sensor profile, speed and flight pattern indicated that they were missiles at various ranges heading towards the New Taiwanese Empire. Then suddenly the sensor feed went blank and the "no carrier" error message was superimposed on the icon of the ship that was now flashing red and blue signifying a lost ship.

"Get on the secure line and notify the New Taiwanese Empire that they have incoming cruise missiles, and get on the phone to the Feederite Union and tell them everything, I want a the nearest coast guard cutter to send its search and rescue helicopter to the last known position of the Acuity to find out what happened, and set us to Defcon 2 and inform General Markov of this."

She sank back in her chair and sighed. "Why did this have to happen on my watch?" she thought to herself.

OOC explanation: The Acuity is actually a dual purpose ship and has military grade radar and communications gear using technology gained from Triyun by tech sharing. and it got hit by the edge of the EM pulse and lost its electrics, it is floating dead in the water and will be able to limp back in 1 hour. It was on a legitimate scientific mission to check various sea surface temperature sensor buoys and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by Vasili Markov

Houkou (Christchurch)

The sudden blackout startled a tired Kawasaki Shozo, who wsa still dealing with the aftermath of that blasted conference with the barbaric Tahoan.

"What the-"

An aide rushes into the door.

"Duke Heilgriv announced that he's taking over the government, calling for us to join him!"

"Dang it, how many people are left in South Island?"

"Approximately 500,000!"

"Get them onto the company container ships, now!"

Two days later

Most of the South Island population has been moved to Niflheim, with only about 100,000 Fuyo-clann people left. Soon, the island would be emptied of people, people who were loyal to the Margrave.

Kawasaki sent a short message to the surviving Margravine.

"We shall follow you anywhere, Lady. Give us a command."

"Gather yourselves together and pool your resources. Aid the scattered military forces and coaleasce at ChristChurch...and ready yourselves. The coming time will be a fire to pass through, and many elements of the Fuyo will be tested. The greatest test of our people await us. Let God and the strength of my father's will give us strength in the coming days."

"Gather yourselves together and pool your resources. Aid the scattered military forces and coaleasce at ChristChurch...and ready yourselves. The coming time will be a fire to pass through, and many elements of the Fuyo will be tested. The greatest test of our people await us. Let God and the strength of my father's will give us strength in the coming days."

"Yes, my Lady!"

**Classified to Margravine Liselle**

"Though I am a world away, Sister, to honour the vow I made to your father, if I might help your cause in any way, you have just to name it, I shall endeavour to make it so."

King Elijah I

**End Of**

*Private Message to LVN from Liselle*

"Master, the table is set and all has been made ready. I await your triumphant arrival in Whangarei."

*Private reply*

We are altering course, and will meet you there. We have divisions I through X with us, mechanised, plus some tank assets. We know this land, tanks will not be as useful as men.

*Private reply*

We are altering course, and will meet you there. We have divisions I through X with us, mechanised, plus some tank assets. We know this land, tanks will not be as useful as men.

*private response*

"Understood. The diversion has actually spawned some sincere rebels, which gives the whole affair more credence. They seem to be rallying around Wellington...if that fool Heilgriv knew that his actual support was so weak, he would not boast so much...I do so look forward to relieving him of his delusions that he is about to rule here. We are making things ready for your arrival, Master. We look forward to the coming days."

**Classified**

Nebu II "With the sight of missiles coming in, The Taiwanese Government is to retreat to the nearest bunker, citizens are to get to the nearest bunker as well. Military units are to be dispatched to armed areas in Taiwan ready for war, set Def Con to 1." Nebu thinks to himself... I have a feeling who is behind this "I want all of our 50 Cruise Missiles readied, aim them at Camberlain, they are not to be fired until I give more orders to do so. Ready our newly gifted weapons from Cainette, and that is to be all of them, including Aircraft and Tanks."

Nebu II takes a breath....

"We need to be ready for anything and everything, send out Smallpox vaccination and Gas masks to shelters as soon as possible."

Nebu II ponders for a minute....

"Call in all allies to bring Food, Medical, Cloths and Water supplies, along with any thing else they see fit"

**End classified**

**Message to all allies**

"Dear allies of Taiwan, we have been attacked by Bio-chemical weapons and need your support, we can use any help you may have be it Food, Medical, Cloths or Water supplies.

Signed,

Nebu II."

**End Message**

OOC: I am going to bed, so no more posting for me tonight.

Edited by Ezequiel