Release of GPA from Terms

Heft

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasonable enough. I apologize for my intense and occasionally belligerent hard-hitting questions and commentary, but I will not apologize for my ever vigilant search for truth!!! It might have been easy to overlook a single article, perhaps the community needs a compendium of continuing treaty terms to prevent another such oversight?

GPA wanted the terms lifted, approached us and was granted. If you wish to try to stir a pot feel free, but you're only wasting your time grasping at straws.

Edited by mhawk

GPA wanted the terms lifted, approached us and was granted. If you wish to try to stir a pot feel free, but you're only wasting your time grasping at straws.
When all conversations are back channel conversations, a periphery member can easily find himself unintentionally ranting madly from a lack of reliable information.

Now that we know how the GPA’s release came about we can all wish the GPA well in their newfound freedom.

It is my understanding that the terms lasted so long simply because the parties involved had pretty much forgotten about them:

The surrender terms at the end of the Woodstock Massacre, signed nearly 11 months ago now, included this particular clause, which specifies an "indefinite" time period. All other terms have long expired, but this one has remained, largely due to most of us forgetting about it.

File it under "clerical error", not "keeping the schmucks down." <_<

I'm glad this piece of history is now truly history.

It is the official policy of Ragnarok to support our allies..ALL our allies and abide by treaties. It is also official Ragnarok policy to remind members that if they have nothing nice to say to our allies regarding this matter, they will remain silent. That is not a suggestion.

The 'Woodstock Massacre' is a very sore subject to a fair number of Rok's members because they are former GPA and left in the post-war era. Many of them stood by their guns and defended GPA long after their government collapsed internally, long after many cowards had fled to Peace Mode or ran away from the alliance screaming "don't shoot!" Those that stood their ground and defended GPA were heroes in a very real sense of the word. They did what they could to save their alliance under absolutely horrible circumstances and I salute them for their gallant efforts in the face of overwhelming odds.

I was, among other things at Browncoats, the ambassador to GPA. I pushed my government to sign the DoN and was genuinely friendly to those at GPA for some time and defended GPA in the OWF against its critics. When it became apparent to me that GPA's government had become a stagnant joke because of the failings of a few key people, I added my voice to those calling for change. When the change I saw amounted to a revolving door on the leadership of GPA, I pulled Browncoat's signature on the DoN with much regret, and had hopes that the 'Woodstock Massacre' would bring about much needed change at GPA. I can say now that change has taken place and it has been noticed around Planet Bob. I wish GPA well now and for its future.

EDIT: grammar FTW

Edited by ChairmanHal

5) Why? Because any alliance who uses nukes against NPO either disbands or gets such harsh terms that they become a shell of the alliance they once were (Or disband later).

Actually, some of the DoWs included threats of ZI for GPA nations that use nukes.

It is my understanding that the terms lasted so long simply because the parties involved had pretty much forgotten about them:

File it under "clerical error", not "keeping the schmucks down." <_<

I'm glad this piece of history is now truly history.

It is the official policy of Ragnarok to support our allies..ALL our allies and abide by treaties. It is also official Ragnarok policy to remind members that if they have nothing nice to say to our allies regarding this matter, they will remain silent. That is not a suggestion.

The 'Woodstock Massacre' is a very sore subject to a fair number of Rok's members because they are former GPA and left in the post-war era. Many of them stood by their guns and defended GPA long after their government collapsed internally, long after many cowards had fled to Peace Mode or ran away from the alliance screaming "don't shoot!" Those that stood their ground and defended GPA were heroes in a very real sense of the word. They did what they could to save their alliance under absolutely horrible circumstances and I salute them for their gallant efforts in the face of overwhelming odds.

I was, among other things at Browncoats, the ambassador to GPA. I pushed my government to sign the DoN and was genuinely friendly to those at GPA for some time and defended GPA in the OWF against its critics. When it became apparent to me that GPA's government had become a stagnant joke because of the failings of a few key people, I added my voice to those calling for change. When the change I saw amounted to a revolving door on the leadership of GPA, I pulled Browncoat's signature on the DoN with much regret, and had hopes that the 'Woodstock Massacre' would bring about much needed change at GPA. I can say now that change has taken place and it has been noticed around Planet Bob. I wish GPA well now and for its future.

EDIT: grammar FTW

This guys speaks the truth even when I was one of those who didn't fight. [OCC]I was without PC when war happened, for those who reminds it I was away from this game for near 7 moths, just going to a cybercafe to collect and pay bills.[/OCC]

Once again, I have to thank everyone for their support.

The GPA has gone through our ups and downs over the years. But for some reason, we seem to come out of the twists and turns okay.

We respect our former members, cherish our current members, value our community and hold no animus towards our victorious battle partners.

I hope that y’all take a minute to stop by and say “Hi”. And I hope that everyone puts the War behind you as we have done.

We respect our former members, cherish our current members, value our community and hold no animus towards our victorious battle partners.

I hope that y’all take a minute to stop by and say “Hi”. And I hope that everyone puts the War behind you as we have done.

A wise recommendation. I wasn't at GPA when the Woodstock Massacre (War on Peace) took place, but it still hurt. It's just emotional momentum, I guess, to keep holding on to a desire for vengeance for what happened. I know I did, for too long a time. If the GPA, itself, can put the War on Peace behind them, then the rest of us Ex-GPA should do so as well.