The Search beneath the Ocean

JerreyRough

The three representatives from Dranagg finally had come out of their cabin on the liner, and one by one had gone to the galley. They had been closed up for quite a while and the reason was quite evident. Even though it was technically winter where they were at, two of the men appeared to be sweating slightly like it was a summer day. The first man to arrive in the galley was a civilian.

Timothy Cha was a geologist sent from Dranagg. He had extensive work in the tunnel system still being built under the capital, and was only spared by the arrival of the two foreign mineral scientists. He hadn't really wanted to go, but when the government tells you its for the good of the nation you tend to realize that not going would be 'bad for the nation'. Tim wasn't stupid when it came to what would happen next. Probably why they had sent that army chemist with him. He found the first seat closest that was open and ate in sully.

"Damn this heat"

Arriving just behind Tim was Lena Johnson. A lieutenant in the Dranaggan regular army, and dressed in the dull gray uniform of the army that. It was cut to be utilitarian, and was causing her to sweat in the wamer climate. She wasn't complaining though. She had volunteered for this assignment. If she was ever going to get promoted then she had to do something like this. There were too many in the army to just hope to be picked for a command assignment, and when a volunteer was called for she was the first one to speak up. The colonel had given her some strange orders. Apparently the civilian was under observation about something, and she wasn't supposed to let him out of her sight. Rather vauge orders, but her intent was to follow them to the letter. That men that when Tim had left to go to the galley she had followed before the door had even started to close.

"Damnit" She noticed that Tim had taken a seat that she couldn't sit next to him at. "Oh well, I just have to watch him..not cling to him." Grabbing a few pieces of fruit, a rarity in the frigid wasteland, she unceremoniously drops down next to two other military looking individuals. One that has the bearing of a soldier, and the other in what looks like fat metal skin.

Last to enter the galle from the group of Dranaggans, and much later, is Kaan Tel. Dressed in a similar dull gray uniform as Lena, but altered from the army look. His uniform had the look of custom made specifications. Long sleeves that almost hid his hands, loose hanging, and collarless. He was short, but rather average in build for his height. Only one thing was actually noteworthy about him. The ring finger on his left hand looked like it had been severed. He said nothing, looked at nothing, but did take some of the fruit as Lena had before taking a seat next to her.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know, we really should be out on deck..." murmured Ana.

Leon grunted, before turning around. "If you want to go out there, then be my guest. But, my only job is to protect you. Nothing else."

Ana scowled. Military men were so rude, sometimes. She sighed, as she watched her older brother stalk off to the other portion of their cabin, and lay down in his bunk. He pulled out his gun from underneath the bed, a G36, and began to polish it. From what she could tell, he had the Grenade Launcher attachment for it as well, judging by the size of the case he carried it in. She craned her neck, and saw two grenades in the case.

"Fine. Then I will," she said, as she walked out of the cabin and onto the deck of the Oceanliner Bermudanic. She gazed out at the vast sea, as she leaned up against the rail, transfixed by the sight.

OOC: Review my Weapon Factbook for the specs on the G36/'nade Attachment.

"You know, we really should be out on deck..." murmured Ana.

Leon grunted, before turning around. "If you want to go out there, then be my guest. But, my only job is to protect you. Nothing else."

Ana scowled. Military men were so rude, sometimes. She sighed, as she watched her older brother stalk off to the other portion of their cabin, and lay down in his bunk. He pulled out his gun from underneath the bed, a G36, and began to polish it. From what she could tell, he had the Grenade Launcher attachment for it as well, judging by the size of the case he carried it in. She craned her neck, and saw two grenades in the case.

"Fine. Then I will," she said, as she walked out of the cabin and onto the deck of the Oceanliner Bermudanic. She gazed out at the vast sea, as she leaned up against the rail, transfixed by the sight.

OOC: Review my Weapon Factbook for the specs on the G36/'nade Attachment.

Roger Groe also came on the deck to see the view of the ocean. He noticed a woman nearby and walked up to her. He asked, "What is your name?"

A sea crawler in the vicinity had been called down. It turned on its lights and began to float over the domed site. Its cameras turned themselves downward.. kind of like a curious fish, the very huge torpedo/sensor array made its way around the dome doing a constant sonar and visual survielance. The pilots in Tasmania chewed on beef jerky as they watched for anything interesting to come up on the cameras.

Stokan sat beside the stage, seeing it was 11:59AM. Another few seconds and it was 12:00PM. A man with a black suit and a cap with GTI on it walked onto the movie-theater stage. Camaeras were sending live video to the other ships.

"Good afternood, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Atlantis Expedition! I'm sure you're all excited about goign into the depths to find history and make it! For now, untill we reach there, we'll give you some information.

"About one month ago, GTI stumbled on some recent radar scan's that showed a strange dome coming out of the volcano. Normally its ignored, but it was a perfect dome; as you all know, nature doesn't make perfect domes. On further investigation, we found a crack in the volcano near it, and what looks like to be machinery inside of the crack. And so, we assembled you, the Searchers, the people that will make history and find the Lost City of Atlantis! Technology! History! Maybe even archives of useable Data[1]!

"So, once we arrive, do your job and we'll all come back safely! God bless you all!" He leaves the podium. Stokan goes to the podium, and Kalmerg entered the theater.

"Well, what he said...I am your commander, as you already know, overseeing this operation. No, I am not one that stay's behind and guides you, but rather one who helps you, guides you, so you get out ok! Now, I would like all of you to meet Search Defender Commander Kalmerg, the one that will make sure no nightmares get you." he points at Kalmerg, cameras say, and he waves then exits, "Well, he has always been a man of no words! Now, we still have time untill we arrive, so please us this luxury cruiser's many facilities. As a great reference movie, the show "The Search for Atlantis" will be shown tonight!" Stokan leaves the podum. Bunches of the Searchers cheer. Defenders, having no interest in Atlantis, do other things untill 300."

OOC: Both of those have something to do with the RP 9not 300 ancient-spartans under there, unfourtunatly ;)).

A sea crawler in the vicinity had been called down. It turned on its lights and began to float over the domed site. Its cameras turned themselves downward.. kind of like a curious fish, the very huge torpedo/sensor array made its way around the dome doing a constant sonar and visual survielance. The pilots in Tasmania chewed on beef jerky as they watched for anything interesting to come up on the cameras.

As they would get closer to the dome, they could see what a small GTI pre-mission search team found. The Dome, coming out of the side of the volcano, was quite a near-perfect sphere with part cut off from the Volcano. But what the GTI lesser-equiped team did not see was that, from the lines going along the surface (to look like this but from the outside), was that it was sideways. Perhaps the volcano wasn't there before; perhaps it has grown. Who knows but the ancients?

Edited by JerreyRough

OOC: We know there's a dome made by humans, but we don't know about anything else

IC: "Nature doesn't make perfect domes."

"Actually, yes it does.. but if it's this type of domes, keep all surface ships away. It could be an incredibly dangerous sub-oceanic gas pocket." The captain of one of the subs would say.. having seen the ilk of gas pockets before.. just not this big.

As they would get closer to the dome, they could see what a small GTI pre-mission search team found. The Dome, coming out of the side of the volcano, was quite a near-perfect sphere with part cut off from the Volcano. But what the GTI lesser-equiped team did not see was that, from the lines going along the surface (to look like this but from the outside), was that it was sideways. Perhaps the volcano wasn't there before; perhaps it has grown. Who knows but the ancients?

The Sea-Cralwer began to snap survey photos and sonar graphs of practically everything in the area.. its full sensor suite focused on gathering everything it can possibly understand about what it was seeing and relay it using the sea-crawler network and ELF transmission back to the high command of the Dragon Empire for analysis. After taking all the data could about the dome and its contents remotely.. it moved to sit on the side of the volcano.. where it stabilized itself. It began to take seismic measurements to ensure no teams in the area were caught off guard by sudden eruption of the underwater sleeping giant.

In the submarine; the order came from Empire high command to deploy the Sea Tyrant. The engineers had turned the turret of the tank backwards so they could outfit the front of the Sea Tyrant with giant pincer-like claws.. it had become a giant mechanized crab. The crew got in.. and the bays to the submarine were flooded. The Sea Tyrant rolled out in the sand towards the giant dome a few hundred yards away making slow speed with the aid of propellers, and special treads with mechanical fin-slits that turned sideways when moving backwards to push against the water then flattened out as they came around the top of the treads moving forward.. generating more propulsion. The plane before them had been sonargraphed for density by the submarine to ensure the tanks wouldn't sink into the sand farther than would allow them to operate. The electric engines hummed away. The 3 man crew was tense, they had a 2 hour oxygen supply and a lot to look at.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Going to fast-forward this RP to Atlantis :D (since people are not developing their characters that much; if I should delay it abit longer then tell me).

If you're going to make a character, please post now. Even if you're not a part of CNRP, you can still RP a guy becuase this is partially unconnected.

I'll also pretend that Mael's ships are there when my ships are almost there (hour away?).

IC: Several days later after leaving the harbor, Stokan was walking to the bridge. The exitment had worn down after the long trip, but was building again sicne their destination was only an hour away.

Many were eager to arrive; some for the glory of history, some for money, and others to escape from the current terrors of war.

OOC: I'll be developing Corporal David Flint.

IC: Corporal David Flint, unlike the Search Defender Commander Kalmerg, was never afraid to speak his mind. Coming from a background where intelligent interpretation of orders was encouraged, he would analyze every order unless he sensed there was immediate danger. (Obviously if he was in the heat of battle, he wouldn't question orders. Orders in the midst of a fight kept you alive.) This, along with his sixth sense, was why after only a few months in the army, he was already a corporal in the elite branch, a difficult accomplishment in peacetime.

The Dragon Empire Sea Tyrant tank made the most noisy underwater ruckus.. fish in the area fled. Sonar friendly it was not, but easily track-able. It come up to where there had been a crack in the dome identified by the sea-crawler on its inspection, if they couldn't fit in the crack, they would move around to what appeared to be a make-shift entryway nearer the bottom of the dome.

THe GTI ships reached their destination, with the Volcano lurking below them in the depths.

"This is Search Guard Boat 3, contacting Sea Serpent, requesting to change the cargo, please."

Stokan stroked his beard. The ship, even as underpopulated as it is now, was a blurr of activity. Last-minute preperations, the small bagagge gotten ready, and helicopters ferrying people to the Cargo ships to prepare several vehicles, especially some supplies ones. They needed to be ready for anything that came for them, wether a earthquake or if something was still lurking inside after millions of years.

Meanwhile, Karlon Spraker was perparing his vehicle. A supreme all-terrain driver, winning plenty of all-terrain races. Even some people on the ship's new his name. His customized vehicle (a all-terrain 6-wheeled truck with a canopy) was equiped further by GTI. But what wasn't known by a single being was that he recently was employed by Aperature Science. GTI thought he was a nothing [in the Company-to-Company warfare] & did not completly search his vehicle. They would be proved wrong by what was inside of a hidden compartmant.

OOC: Sea Serpent, as in the Dragonisian submarines.

"Operation Cargo Change underway... clear the surface.." The surfacing claxons were sounded and the submarines come to the surface topside. When above water, the upper cargo bays opened to allow people from the GTI ships to come aboard. They were inspected for arms to ensure there were no piracy attempts as is standard operation on Dragon Empire submarines.

Inspected for arms? They hadn't briefed him on that. Corporal Flint couldn't do his job properly if they confiscated his weapons, and nor could his men. He shifted, just the slightest bit nervous, as he presented his weapons for examination. He wasn't sure what his men would do if the Dragonisians tried to confiscate the weapons. For that matter, he wasn't sure what HE would do...

OOC: Disregard this post if I have misuderstood what's going on...but I thought it'd make for some good tension... ;)

"Weapons inspection? What does that mean? Are they going to be taking our guns?" Lena was trying to keep up with the stoic Kaan "Don't know, don't care." Was all he replied before grabbing his gear. Already packed in a single duffle bag.

The Geologist, Tim, had already rushed off in a panic to get ready. He was only partially packed and ready, and all the commontion unsettled him more than he thought. Lena had only unpacked a few things, and they quickly vanished into her own army issue duffle bag.

"I don't want to go without my weapons though.." She had caught up to Kaan. It was odd having to talk to someone shorter than you were, and yet be shorter than most. "What are you going to do when they inspect your bag?"

"Nothing" was his only reply, and he pressed through a small crowd of people and moved out of sight.

OOC: Lena has a S&W .38 special revolver, and a long bayonet knife. Kaan has a single barrel 12 guage pump shotgun with about half a dozen different ammuitions types for it. Plus a mechanical action arm dagger, and S&W .38 Special revolver.

OOC2: same as Subtle. if we're not going on the ship Ill change it ;)

Edited by Tahsir Re

This is AFS Apollo, requesting permission to provide security during your search for Atlantis.

OOC: D: How do you know? The people onboard didn't know untill they were told by a superior; only 4 people knew before they all were told. Unless you had a spy (which wouldn't be useful unless taking information). Hey, you can still Rp a character on the ship or arriving from your ship. Maybe acouple, or some. And my IC reply can be disreguarded if you change your statement.

IC: The GTI convoy attempted their guise:

A guard boat Captain looks suprised, then answers: "Atlantis? What hell you talking about? We're doing a spectacular experiment on this underwater volcano, and these people have come to watch it go off. Atlantis isn't real, anyways!"

Well, lets see, where to start... oh yeah, the full title of the ship is Atlantian Federation Ship Apollo.We have come to drop off a few scientists as observers. They wish to learn more of the bottom of the sea, and we are to stay in the area to protect them. Good luck in your, uhh, "looking at a volcano." (Search for Atlantis)

Edited by Arkantos

Well, lets see, where to start... oh yeah, the full title of the ship is Atlantian Federation Ship Apollo.We have come to drop off a few scientists as observers. They wish to learn more of the bottom of the sea, and we are to stay in the area to protect them. Good luck in your, uhh, "looking at a volcano." (Search for Atlantis)

Stokan gets angry that they were not using code-words. Such a nuisence... he thought. "Ok, send them over at 1:35PM/ten minutes from now. The helipad will be clear of other helicopters by then." He heads for his helicopter. At 2:00PM loading shall begin and he did not want to be last.

"Weapons inspection? What does that mean? Are they going to be taking our guns?" Lena was trying to keep up with the stoic Kaan "Don't know, don't care." Was all he replied before grabbing his gear. Already packed in a single duffle bag.

The Geologist, Tim, had already rushed off in a panic to get ready. He was only partially packed and ready, and all the commontion unsettled him more than he thought. Lena had only unpacked a few things, and they quickly vanished into her own army issue duffle bag.

"I don't want to go without my weapons though.." She had caught up to Kaan. It was odd having to talk to someone shorter than you were, and yet be shorter than most. "What are you going to do when they inspect your bag?"

"Nothing" was his only reply, and he pressed through a small crowd of people and moved out of sight.

OOC: Lena has a S&W .38 special revolver, and a long bayonet knife. Kaan has a single barrel 12 guage pump shotgun with about half a dozen different ammuitions types for it. Plus a mechanical action arm dagger, and S&W .38 Special revolver.

OOC2: same as Subtle. if we're not going on the ship Ill change it ;)

It was announced the weapons would be confiscated on a check-in, check-out basis. Ammunition and guns were assigned cards and given to their owners. When they would leave the ship the on-board authorities would grant them their weapons back for whatever mission they happened to be heading out on. They were guaranteed the weapons would be well maintained and likely in better repair when returned than received.

It was announced the weapons would be confiscated on a check-in, check-out basis. Ammunition and guns were assigned cards and given to their owners. When they would leave the ship the on-board authorities would grant them their weapons back for whatever mission they happened to be heading out on. They were guaranteed the weapons would be well maintained and likely in better repair when returned than received.

Though that helped a little, that still didn't put Corporal Flint and his men completely at ease. They relaxed enough that they released their weapons. Each of the eleven men (Flint plus the ten-man squad) hesitated, but since these were Dragonisian personel, they trusted them more than those from most other nations. Possibly the only other nationality they would have trusted more would be troops from New Cymru.

Like their commander, each man had a sawed-off shotgun, assault rifle (with shoulder strap attached), a knife that was sheathed on the hip opposite whichever side had the shotgun, two eight-shot pistols holstered in front, and the packs full of extra ammo. Each Gun was fully loaded.

The canteens were, of course, kept, as they were not weapons.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

After the various crews were brought aboard, their weapons cataloged the bays were closed, pressurized.. and the submarine headed back to the ocean floor where it sat, waiting further orders. In the mean time, the Dragon Empire tank had found its way to the bottom entry hatch and made its way into the dome.. to start studying. Air content was verified to see if it was breathable.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex